• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer (Supernatural) vs Yukari Yakumo (Touhou)

My old thread was crappy so let's go with this then. And Lucy needs more loooove.

Scenario 1 - The two of them face off, no knowledge of each other's abilities.

Scenario 2 - Yukari gets prep time of a day and can cross into Lucifer's realm.

Scenario 3 - Same as above. However both have prep time and are aware of the powers of the other.

For all scenarios, starting distance is on opposite sides of Earth however they are aware of where the other is right now. In character. Win by KO, Kill, BFR, persuasion, and whatnot.

Whoever has more wins, is the winner, unless we're sure that even if you're right you're incorrect. Kidding. But yeah whoever has more wins gets the victory.

Lucifer should win this since I don't see yukari's gap powers harming Lucifer at all, and he has his subatomic smite, and his vessel being damaged won't do much to him.

Andy no it isn't speed really doesn't matter with lucifer azien speed blitzed him and yet it was a haxes stomp in lucifer's favor

KillitwithC4 said:
Lucifer should win this since I don't see yukari's gap powers harming Lucifer at all, and he has his subatomic smite, and his vessel being damaged won't do much to him.
Form and Emptyness, for chance? That would also eliminate his soul too, so that's many bird with one kill. And his smite won't work if she bend the attack using Straight and Curve, or outright stop it with motion and stillness.

^According to this site, he have. Still won't help him from getting whisked out of existence by Yukari though. (and the afformention speed stomp...)

Scenario 1: I think lucy would win. Yukari might be surprised by Lucy, caused of her laid back/carefree attitude. I mean He is the Devil and that the devil has many surprises.

Scenario 2: Gotta give it to Yukari. Cause she's prepared. And when Yukari is prepared and is serious. You know something or someone is gonna get ****** up.

Scenario 3: Yukari. Of course Lucifer is a famous figure and is widely known. But this version of Lucifer is very OP. So the fight would be a long one and is pretty much counter blow counter because of their giving it their all and OP skills. But what give Yukari the win??? Spell Cards and an Umbrella which she can use as attack and defense XD.

^Gotta give your reason though, or it won't count.

Agree with you on 2 and 3 though, but I think Yukari would also win 1. Lucifer is kind of a too famous figure for Yukari to not know, at least as a basic level. Her resourcefulness with her boundary and her wit is what I think would lead her to victory.

Andykhang said:
Form and Emptyness, for chance? That would also eliminate his soul too,
Moot point, Lucifer has Soul Manipulation AND no sells soul manipulation on him to boot, because he lacks one to begin with. He predates the concept of souls in Supernatural, as he is older than the Universe and was created before Souls were even made in his verse. Also, Immortality type 1, 3 and most important, 4, anyone?

His smite is not a projectile or something, it aims straight at you, it doesn't follow a trajectory, he snaps his fingers, you explode. That's how it works. Don't downplay the man, because he's strong af. And let's not even begin on the fact that he has Reality Warping and that's enough of a counter to deal with Boundary Manip.

With that being said to avoid downplaying...

1. Either inconclusive or Yukari. Not that Lucifer will tag her - speed stomp, indeed - but putting him down for real will be a b*tch to do. BFR won't even be a thing with their ranges and teleportation.

2. Yukari with preparation should have the advantage, as she might have devised tons of plans to deal with him in that time. And with her superior speed, she'll most likely get all the chances she needs to make them work.

3. Inconclusive I'd say. They both are EXTREMELY intelligent and cunning, and both have some nasty powers on their arsenal. Lucifer with prep might even find a way to deal with their difference in speed. So really can't say. It would be one... Wait for it... One Hell of a Battle, but it should probably end in stalemate (or they realize that both are interesting af and decide that rather than killing one another, they could be thinking on how to mess up their respective verses together).

^Doesn't neccessary be a projectile though. As long as thing have energies and vector (probably even virtual one), they would have flow.

How would his smite work, anyway?

He snaps his fingers, you explode, more or less . Fairly sure there's no vector involved, it just makes the target into a bloody mess. Also, see the smiting page for more information. Lucifer's smiting should be around/cap at the subatomic lvl, as his matter manipulation goes up to that point.

^So basically closer to Onii-sama's disintergration of atom huh? Yeah, Yukari is an even more special case of Youkai that don't really need a physical body to live, so she would live.

Well, it does work on Castiel, other angels (who also don't have souls/don't need their bodies), the pagan Gods and so on, so... While I agree that Yukari could avoid being smitten altogether considering her speed, powers and intelligence, where does that statement come from? The one of "not needing a physical body to live"?

EDIT: I do believe she could mess with the boundaries here and there to not get hit (Like in Yukari's Arcanum "Danmaku Bounded Field") or just find a way to react to the attack before the worst happens, but I dunno about her actually being hit and just surviving.

^It's more like my interpretation with the Youkai is an abstract being, so they won't die if it's just their vessel being damage, since they are actually spirits than anything. And also Yukari's statement that even killing her is useless.

Though yeah, she could just do what you said. Heck, She could change the boundary between "me" and "you" to reflect this back to him (though still no case of this happen yet, though Human and Youkai could be that)

That was more like Yukari talking about how broken her ability is. LOL But yeah, it makes her pretty difficult to kill - though It would be too vague of an assumption for some of the other youkai out there. Unless it's like Cirno who has cold/ice reliant immortality.

Nevertheless, that's one more reason I'm going with possibly inconclusive (or Yukari) round one, Yukari for round 2 and a definite Inconclusive for round 3. Both Yukari and Lucifer are hard to put down and at least when it comes to hax and intelligence, they're pretty even.

^1. Reality and Fantasy.

2. Connection (Her realm connect with even the Heaven in Buddhism, I'm sure they would connect with Heaven in Chirstian)

Or 3. She's already have it. She's the type with many enemies.

Lucifer can just make it disappear if he wanted to, also since the angels were stated that they can travel across the universe a few times in the series, Lucifer can just send her tobspace and if she tries tonuse a gap to get away, he can just send her back over and over until she suffocates.

^She's not human, you know. Pretty sure she doesn't need air. And what is the proof that Lucifer could send people there, or made the thing disappear? And even if he could do so, Yukari would just made it appear again.

One of the angels stated that she can scatter sams cells across the universe, so if he can't suffocate her, he'll just throw her into a harsh planet with many toxic things.

^Again, she's not human. She, and Youkai in general, isn't even a biological being, but rather spirits, so just throwing physical harm at them isn't going to work (Plus she could just ultilize the environment to fit her with boundary anyway). The way to really kill them is to harm them mentally, or destroy their concept.

Ok, that shouldn't be hard for Lucifer, who is leagues above witches that can inflict mental pain on their victims witht their spells.

^...Really? Do she look like someone that would be harm with just a little boo boo? I don't think someone living while constantly seeing the horrible truth of the world would have a weak mentality at all. Heck, even the manual implied it.

Lucifer is a more powerful being, yet there are witches that could cast spells that could affect him. The same thing happened with amara in the end of last season, so Lucifer can do something those witches did, but on a higher scale.

^He isn't going to be able to inflict mental damage to her regardless, since her boundary need a mind that could stand to Old God's level knowledge.

^That doesn't said much of anything, since "more than anyone else" could still be a low level compare to really low level of everybody else. It doesn't have anyway to compare itself to "Reality Shattering" truth that she learn, or how that help him in inflicting mental damage in the first place.

God is the creator of the supernatural univeree, he most likely taught lucy what makes everything tick, otherwise he wouldn't be as experienced or as feared as he's portrayed in the series.

I'm with C4 on this one. The devil seems a bit too haxxed in round 1. Doubt she could instantaneously plan around his hax. He's more likely to one shot than she is. This is of course, assuming speed equalized.

^Speed isn't equalize in this case though. And I don't think it would be that easy to one shot.

@Kill: And that would damage her mental how? Since she's probably know just as much as God about it, and have the ability to avoid the thing like that happen.

Umm... Yukari should definitely know less than the guy who created everything in the universe. Besides, being a genius shouldn't stop someone to one shot. Anyway, speed is equalized now for round 1 or I'm closing it.

Andykhang said:
^Again, she's not human. She, and Youkai in general, isn't even a biological being, but rather spirits, so just throwing physical harm at them isn't going to work (Plus she could just ultilize the environment to fit her with boundary anyway). The way to really kill them is to harm them mentally, or destroy their concept.
/\ Wank. Tons of youkai out there can be destroyed/physically killed.

That depend though: A hacker could know just as much, or even more so than the creator if they know the law, the structure and even the flaw of the system (among others thing). And again, still didn't see how that would lead to the afformention mental attack.

And yeah, but being a genius with a universal remote should. You forgot that Yukari still have the hax that could counter his smiting. Not to mention she isn't dwell in one state or another, but rather in the boundary between, so you need to destroy all boundary before you could destroy her.

Andykhang said:
Not to mention she isn't dwell in one state or another, but rather in the boundary between, so you need to destroy all boundary before you could destroy her.
And more wank. There's nothing suggesting anything like this for Yukari in Touhou.

EDIT: Speed equalize or not, my vote from before remains unchanged, but if I see anything here that is clear wanking or NLF for Yukari, I'll definitely point it out.

/\ Wank. Tons of youkai out there can be destroyed/physically killed.

Like the Tsukumogami? You know that because "haunted object" is their concept right? And the case that they could be destroyed physically is because they have that much meaning that surpassed the Youkai's "endurance".

And more wank. There's nothing suggesting anything like this for Yukari in Touhou.

EDIT: Speed equalize or not, my vote from before remains unchanged, but if I see anything here that is clear wanking or NLF for Yukari, I'll definitely point it out.

"Her house is said to be located at the boundary between Gensokyo and the outside world, just like the Hakurei Shrine, but no one has ever actually seen it." - Perfect Memento in Strict Senes.

...Though yeah, that's too wanked, my bad. Just want to show where it came from.

Back