• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou: Into the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making discussion rule is unnecessary, at least not now. This topic is the result of people doesn't actually have a good understanding and knowledge of String Theory and Brane Multiverse and how those thing operate, the verse itself vaguely mention String Theory, and well.......because other verses have similar theory and people immediately draw a comparison. So in my opinion, unless in the future people still repeat this, discussion rule is not necessary

Last edited:
While I'm not trying to argue for the upgrade right now, I don't think this is quite right.

If the Dream World was made of physical things, then Doremy wouldn't have been so shocked to see beings with physical forms travelling through it. In fact, a major story beat of Violet Detector is about the other dream dwellers being jealous that dream Sumireko currently has a "flesh and blood body."

And while it's true that characters with physical forms can be harmed by dream dwellers and Doremy, this is done mostly through danmaku, which is usually powered by spellcards using magic, spirit, etc.
Not only that, but this is a verse with a crap ton of examples where characters are capable of Non-Physical Interaction. In other words, it doesn't exactly seem farfetched that dream dwellers can interact and harm physical beings, and vice versa.

As a little bit of side evidence, Reimu being touched by a Dream Soul didn't send her physical body to the dream world. It was left behind when she traveled there. This further cements that physical things and beings don't normally belong there.

Honestly, whether or not my argument helps with the Mental Layer stuff doesn't matter to me right now. I think my dumb brain just fixated on one thing, haha.

Anyway, given what I've said above, it just seems blatantly wrong to say the Dream World is physical, when nearly everything points towards the opposite.
1. Doremy is surprised to see them in their physical form because that's not how it works usually. Dreamers go into the Dream World through their dream world selves, their physical body remaining in the real world. But the Dream self of people is still physical. It's just not "real".

2. My dude. Dream World people absolutely do not interact with the real world only through danmaku battle. Even ignoring how they get physically kicked and punched in the fighting games, several of them existed in Gensokyo for extended periods of time, Sumireko confused the Dream World for Gensokyo for extended periods of time, etc. No one ever notices that the Dream World selves are different until they start acting differently. Hell, Sumireko's Dream self existed in the outside world for extended periods of time. A place with certainly no hax to justify that. The Dream World selves being non-corporeal makes absolutely no sense.

3. The Dream Soul just puts people to sleep. Like I said before, the person goes to the Dream World through their Dream World self, but their own body remains there. This means nothing.

Unlike what you say, it is indeed very far-fetched to think the entire Dream World is non-physical. It would require:

• All Dream World residents having the ability to physically harm people, even though they're purely mental beings
  • All Dream World residents being able to land on physical ground, being able to interact with physical objects, etc.
  • Every character who fought Dream World residents to only ever use danmaku, no physical attacks of any kind.
  • Every character who went into the Dream World to have the ability to land on and walk on the non-corporeal Dream World ground without ever noticing it is non-corporeal

All of those assumptions, just to justify some vague statements that can easily be interpreted in the favor of "the Dream World is just physical". Plus we already have beings that are purely non-corporeal with no ability to harm physical beings. And they're portrayed accurately as such. Why would Dream World residents have all those privileges that those guys don't, without it even being acknowledged?

Also I really don't think a discussion rule is needed. It's not gonna stop people from trying to find ways to upgrade the verse anyway.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out Saikou, and welcome back to the community.

What do you think that we should do here then?

Malomtek has asked me to relay a message for him:

"I hope people learned from this that vague mumblings about "branes" in a storyline, hyperfocusing on certain word choices when describing a dream world, and false analogies to TTGL, aren't nearly enough to establish a verse as High 1-C, and that you need clear and concise evidence about how the dimensions work and how the cosmology in general is structured for such an attempted upgrade to go through."

That's all.

We literally just went over why parroting for users who are banned from commentating on those kinds of threads is bad. I don't care which side is doing it, both need to quit.

Thank you for helping out Saikou, and welcome back to the community.

What do you think that we should do here then?
Dunno. The other Doge guy wanted to answer. We might want to wait for him. But on the other hand the main point of the thread was High 1-C and not Low 1-C, so eh.

I was told that relaying messages was allowed, so if it isn't, then I was being given false info. So yeah.

As far as I'm aware, nobody was making analogies to TTGL. I did the comparison because it proved that brane cosmology allowed string dimensions and all that schnaz to be open and extensive.
Actually OP did using TTGL for his arguments
The verse has shown that it does follow Brane Cosmology which should qualify for our tiering system. Just like Gurren Lagann.
But yeah this thread can be close now, nothing new on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back