• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Object Class: Hakurei [Reimu Additions]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the fighting games, and in Imperishable Night, and UdOalg
I've extensively researched all of these and none of them have Reimu use hand signs to use barriers. Unless you're thinking of her spell card declaration, which is something else entirely.

By the way, wouldn't the whole 4D power null Reimu thingy imply that everyone she fights and don't have all their powers instantly nullified are resistant to it? Because Youmu didn't get power nulled.

How exactly does her power null work?

That aside, we already know Reimu has passive probability/fatehax that make her unable to be beaten and make attacks passively miss her, but we don't really see that reflected in-game. I don't think ZUN cares much for portraying high-end hax in gameplay, is all.

Touhou with lore-accurate ability depictions sounds like hell on earth if I'm being honest.

Sounds hilarious. Drunk Touhou play with friends in such chaos. Then again, I don't really drink

Nothing can compare to the adrenaline of finally beating of beating an EX boss. I want to know what ZUN was drinking when he designed Koishi's spellcards...

A feeling I'll never get to feel 😞

Soon we'll reach week 2 with no staff. Place your bets boys and girls

I'm a bit Sketchy with Reimu being able to resist Sakuya's time Manipulation. I mean, She has been shown affected by her time stop in SSiB, not to mention in IaMP & SWR too. Can you explain that?

Last edited:
I'm a bit Sketchy with Reimu being able to resist Sakuya's time Manipulation. I mean, She has been shown affected by her time stop in SSiB, not to mention in IaMP & SWR too. Can you explain that?
Sort of? Given the context of the Gensokyo Geography statement, combined with the context from SoEW, I think it's specifically a quirk of Reimu winning fights rather than something that she does all the time (ofc, her showings against Miyoi and Shion ARE passive, so that point's a bit moot). It does just straight up say "the effects of her power are only taken if Reimu lost", so I think this interpretation has ground to stand on.

EDIT: I just noticed this post is from 2 hours ago even though I just got the notification 10 minutes ago. What the fuck?

Last edited:
Sort of? Given the context of the Gensokyo Geography statement, combined with the context from SoEW, I think it's specifically a quirk of Reimu winning fights rather than something that she does all the time (ofc, her showings against Miyoi and Shion, which ARE passive, so that point's a bit moot). It does just straight up say "the effects of her power are only taken if Reimu lost", so I think this interpretation has ground to stand on.
So it's just like, Work after defeating Sakuya in a small amount of time?

Btw i'm fine with anything else.

So it's just like, Work after defeating Sakuya in a small amount of time?

Btw i'm fine with anything else.
Basically, yes. Although her RE would still be passive, as it works after one time exposure to an ability (like with Miyoi) or prior to being affected at all (like with Shion).

hEyYY, New here!
I have doubts about this.
Since the profiles are being rewritten, will Reimu's AP change, and if so, to how many ultraweights will she scale?
also, why is the AD also statistics (I think I'm misunderstanding something)?

hEyYY, New here!
Hey, welcome 👋 If you're here for Touhou stuff (and I assume you are based on your pfp and the fact that you're commenting here), then you may wanna check out the general discussion thread.

Since the profiles are being rewritten, will Reimu's AP change, and if so, to how many ultraweights will she scale?
Nobody's AP will change any time soon, including Reimu's. The profile rewrites are mostly gonna be stuff like scans, references, and new summaries/galleries. I'm not sure which characters you consider ultraweights, but Reimu's already pretty high up in the scaling chain.

also, why is the AD also statistics (I think I'm misunderstanding something)?
In SoEW, Reimu is able to go from being considered very weak by Mima and Genji to being strong enough to surprise Mima after just a few fights. I think this indicates she got much stronger in a short period of time, which would be statistics-based AD.

Hola, bienvenido. 👋Si estás aquí por cosas de Touhou (y supongo que estás basado en tu pfp y en el hecho de que estás comentando aquí), entonces quizás quieras consultar el hilo de discusión general .

El AP de nadie cambiará pronto, incluido el de Reimu. Las reescrituras del perfil serán en su mayoría cosas como escaneos, referencias y nuevos resúmenes/galerías. No estoy seguro de qué personajes consideras ultrapesos, pero Reimu ya está bastante arriba en la cadena de escalamiento.

En SoEW, Reimu puede pasar de ser considerada muy débil por Mima y Genji a ser lo suficientemente fuerte como para sorprender a Mima después de unas pocas peleas. Creo que esto indica que se volvió mucho más fuerte en un corto período de tiempo, lo que sería un AD basado en estadísticas
Thanks!!!

as for ultraweights I refer to characters like kasen, tenshi and sagume (I am sure that kasen took part of reimu's power and that is why she dominated her and I think the last one is a little complicated to know since she did not show any scratch or bandage when she was defeated).

Thanks!!!

as for ultraweights I refer to characters like kasen, tenshi and sagume (I am sure that kasen took part of reimu's power and that is why she dominated her and I think the last one is a little complicated to know since she did not show any scratch or bandage when she was defeated).
Reimu definitely scales to Tenshi, since she beat a serious Shion (who beat a serious Tenshi) and has deflected Tenshi's bullets before. I'm not sure about scaling her to Kasen or Sagume, though; Kasen borrowing Reimu's power is a little vague and they don't really elaborate on it much. I'm also just not sure about where Sagume scales in general.

Anyways, I should probably ask some staff to take a look at this thread.

Como última cosa. Desde que leí el perfil de reimu. ¿De dónde viene que Reimu luchó contra Byakuren? competir físicamente con ella también, por supuesto. sinceramente no recuerdo de donde vino que pelearon. en particular no tiene escaneos de eso, a menos que se refiera a cuando reimu luchó contra ella en UFO (lo veo poco probable ya que fue una batalla danmaku).
(I'm using deepl to translate this, so apologies if there are some misunderstandings) I wasn't the one who added that justification, but I think the scaling to Byakuren comes from Wild and Horned Hermit, where she and Reimu are shown to be physically fighting. I'm not sure if this scaling still holds up given that the most recent chapter of CDS shows Byakuren faring better against Flandre than Reimu, though.

Basically, yes. Although her RE would still be passive, as it works after one time exposure to an ability (like with Miyoi) or prior to being affected at all (like with Shion).
Ah, i see.

Btw for the Pasive power null, does that mean She can pasively nullify Boundary? That was heck a great Ability to begin with 💀
And if you notice, it also have the same atribute with her Shrine itself.

Ah, i see.

Btw for the Pasive power null, does that mean She can pasively nullify Boundary? That was heck a great Ability to begin with 💀
And if you notice, it also have the same atribute with her Shrine itself.
Yeah, so ig it'd also function on a conceptual level.

(I'm using deepl to translate this, so apologies if there are some misunderstandings) I wasn't the one who added that justification, but I think the scaling to Byakuren comes from Wild and Horned Hermit, where she and Reimu are shown to be physically fighting. I'm not sure if this scaling still holds up given that the most recent chapter of CDS shows Byakuren faring better against Flandre than Reimu, though.
True. although we saw Reimu attack Aya at an impressive speed during CDS.

All that's missing is one chosen warrior who denies the upgrade just because.
@ImmortalDread get in here and disagree with me, I've been going through Touhou downplayer withdrawal ever since Mal got banned.

Disagree

Agree with the thread, other than maybe nitpicks regarding the range of Reimu's passive power null.
Ngl I'm aware that the range is mostly guesswork, but I'm just not sure how else to measure it.

Fair enough. My nitpick was regarding the "nullified before she knew the barrier existed" thing since the scan just said that she thought the barrier opened up, but Reimu still has the ability to nullify barriers without direct physical contact anyway and everything else about Reimu's passive power null is still accurate.

Fair enough. My nitpick was regarding the "nullified before she knew the barrier existed" thing since the scan just said that she thought the barrier opened up, but Reimu still has the ability to nullify barriers without direct physical contact anyway and everything else about Reimu's passive power null is still accurate.
Ah, that's a good point actually. We still don't know when she saw it open though, so I guess 5 kilometers would just be the maximum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back