• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lowest Tier Characters that could defeat Accelerator and his excellent Vector

I don't think so? I'm not terribly familiar with how to aru treats that but some verses spells just don't involve motion whatsoever. An example of this is some of the death magic Liliana Vess casts. Some moves, yes, but other spells are just "she thinks and everything near her spontaneously dies" and there isn't really a direction to reflect there. (she resists her own stuff but that's besides the point.)

That's why I hope one of the toaru experts say something about this. I mean one might argue that the mere thought of targeting someone with death magic is literally an "imaginary" vector because you have to "direct" your power and your own thoughts towards a certain location. So I think waiting for a toaru expert to explain would really be the best here. I guess something like a "death field" might work though?

I'd say he'd have to show deflecting something that doesn't travel like that, as opposed to attempting to abuse the definitions to extrapolate beyond feats here.

Whether something like "she thinks and everything near her spontaneously dies" is reflected depends entirely on the internal mechanisms of that technique.

As long as those aren't further explained then "it just happens" the answer will only be a "maybe, maybe not".

I'm super curious on the methodology on how to beat Accel. No anti hax bs from me. I'm genuinely curious on how he's matched without Imagine Breaker. Someone told me before but it all I'm understanding is that someone in-verse says it's weird or not. And I know Kakine and others have matched him. But does all it really take is someone saying that something's odd and he doesn't understand it? Is there any explanation? Are there any people who are unequivocally above him and he can't do anything about w/o being a Magic God?

From what I know:

• One dude studied his abilities for years and managed to exploit some extremely specific weakness that Accel later rectified
  • He can't reflect vectors that are incomprehensible to him (Kakine's dark matter)
  • Holy Right's defense ignoring stuff includes his shield
  • He can't reflect something with no vector

Time manipulation is a relatively common hax that can generally ignore Accel's barrier. For example, Time rewinding or forwardin him to nonexistence, time stop and just hit him as his barrier needs him to calculate the vectors that attack him etc.

Wokistan said:
From what I know:
  • One dude studied his abilities for years and managed to exploit some extremely specific weakness that Accel later rectified
  • He can't reflect vectors that are incomprehensible to him (Kakine's dark matter)
  • Holy Right's defense ignoring stuff includes his shield
  • He can't reflect something with no vector
kakine exploited the filter, he used his DM in various way to see which energy passed and which not, as a whole DM still didn't work cause normal force still has vector

u are right he can't reflect unknown vector to him, but he could reflect DM at least 90 % of it(example kakine made up DM with the effect to be immobile regardless of force ,yes DM does not make sense as it's made up matter, it still did not kill accel ""So you're the esper that can control any vectors."
Came a voice out of the café that looked like it had been hit by a bomb.
"Then, what if you were to smash into a large mass that can't be moved regardless of all the vectors you can gather? Guess that wouldn't work. As long as my vectors aren't being controlled, it's meaningless.")he was still able to reflect most energies created by DM which does not ecist and does not follow the law of physic

HR should work on him, but we really don't know, but technically it just "defeat" the opponent no force, hit, etc

u are right thing with no vector should work on him, that's why i suspect that infection magic should work on him (it works similar to quantum entanglement)

edit: the primary function of accel originally is that of a energy translator, he can analyze any and all vector to reverse engineer them, that was the function needed for aleister plan

Most info mentioned here sounds like stuff from the first Index series, but not from Index: New Testament. Well, I myself only read up until NT2 (or was it NT3?) myself, so I don't know either, but I'd think that Accelerator showed some new stuff with his wings ever since then.

The thread title is, after all, not just about getting through his vector defense, but also about beating Accel himself. I think with some of those AP differences, I am very doubtful that it's going to work so easily.

Ah damn, I was gonna nominate The Nameless One for 9-A, but apparently Jill's taken that spot. How 'bout non-smurf 9-A for Nameless?

CinnabarManx421 said:
Ah damn, I was gonna nominate The Nameless One for 9-A, but apparently Jill's taken that spot. How 'bout non-smurf 9-A for Nameless?
It's not just one character per spot.

The real cal howard said:
I'm super curious on the methodology on how to beat Accel. No anti hax bs from me. I'm genuinely curious on how he's matched without Imagine Breaker. Someone told me before but it all I'm understanding is that someone in-verse says it's weird or not. And I know Kakine and others have matched him. But does all it really take is someone saying that something's odd and he doesn't understand it? Is there any explanation? Are there any people who are unequivocally above him and he can't do anything about w/o being a Magic God?
Accel was able to reflect dark matter just fine but Kakine had found a way around Accel's reflection through his filter system. The only things that have managed to bypass his reflection without any tricks are telesma, Aiwass and a magic god's abnormal body. It should be said that Accel now understands laws that were previously unknown to him so any weird stuff won't work anymore.

The real cal howard said:
So current Accel is invincible in the context of his show?
No any MG eats him alive and some skilled magician might be able to make him cast magic and make him bleed out thanks to the recoil

Andytrenom said:
We don't need a page for every single made up term silly.
Ok while that is true "Smurf" is a term thats used alot here and doesnt seem to exist anywhere else (in the verses community) which confuses alot of new people.

But I understand if we dont make one.

For real, back then we had a "Hax Users" category, but it got eventually removed as it simply ended up getting too much stuff to the point it couldn´t be used for organization purposes in the first place.

At most the term "Smurf" within the site should be explained in the VS Battles Glossary

Now that I've thought about it for a while, it came to my mind that Accel's body is controlled by 3 minds (accel, qliphah and will), that might help against some characters who have mindhax.

Back