• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Legend of Zelda can’t beat Final Fantasy, I get that. But the way the verse is looking right now, it’ll look hilariously too easy for them to solo our verse with just about any character. We need to implement all the upgrades we’ve been talking about.

Legend of Zelda can’t beat Final Fantasy, I get that.
Then why keep going on and on about it?
it’ll look hilariously too easy for them to solo our verse with just about any character.
FF goes as low as 10-C, with 9-B and below trash mobs. Unless we downgrade all of Zelda to human level, that won't happen.

Also literally who gives a shit? Based Giga Chad Barret capping at 3-C, or 2-A, doesn't change the fact he one shots the verse. It already is easy for them to AP stomp anything bar noncanon and the Golden Gods, and I'm pretty sure FF has a 2-A final boss anyway.
We need to implement all the upgrades we’ve been talking about.
What upgrades? Only upgrade I can think of is something I'm 50/50 on, and only applies to 2 dudes in the whole verse. And it ain't even a big upgrade. The Hylia cloud feat maybe? That's still peaking at tier 6.
HW stats and hax, a few TotK hax, OT Sages, TotK Sages, my own TP and SS Link upgrades…
Lad, literally none of that is making a difference.

You really need to take the hint and stop complaining about FF, GB, DQ, and whatever other verses being strong, it's getting tiresome.

I think you want more to start a fight than I am mad about Final Fantasy being stronger than us. There’s just a clear difference between looking strong in your own right and having your own padded stall in the 7th Heaven bathroom for when the FF party takes turns spanking you.

Dude there's a ton of verses that get spanked by Final Fantasy, it's really concerning how hung up you are on Zelda specifically being a weaker series as if anyone in either the Zelda fanvase or FF fanbase actually cares.

Like imagine if I went into the One Piece thread and kept making post after post about how it sucks 1st form namek saga frieza casually nukes the verse by breathing too hard and how we need to do something to close the gap

I think you want more to start a fight
I moreso want you to stop yapping about powerscaling brainrot FF7/JRPG shit in the Zelda discussion thread, this is like the 14th time this month 🗿

The fact literally multiple people have made that evident should tell you it ain't just me
than I am mad about Final Fantasy being stronger than us.
"Us", it ain't that deep lad 😭
There’s just a clear difference between looking strong in your own right and having your own padded stall in the 7th Heaven bathroom for when the FF party takes turns spanking you.
What, is being able to planet wipe, blow up jupiter, having a laundry list of powers, being so fast it breaks physics, and manipulating shit like time itself, among hundreds of other things, not good enough because they can't beat a specific cast of dudes? who arent even bad, idk what's up with the hate, barret my man is a chad
Zelda can't beat Pokemon either, or Type-Moon, or hell even Castlevania for the most part, and those verses can't beat other shit, which in turn gets beat by other shit. Stop complaining about it as if it ultimately matters, like I get wanting upgrades, but I think you might be just a tad hung up on big number.

With a complete lack of enemies, nobody would bother going through with upgrades. Pokemon is in a feat arms race with Digimon, same with Dragon Ball and DC.

Legend of Zelda can’t beat Final Fantasy, I get that. But the way the verse is looking right now, it’ll look hilariously too easy for them to solo our verse with just about any character. We need to implement all the upgrades we’ve been talking about.
Why does this matter? I promise you, your beef with Final Fantasy is entirely one-sided on your end

If your motive is just making the verse as strong as possible because you don’t want it to be soloed by any Final Fantasy character, that’s incredibly petty and also immediately lowers your credibility

Last edited:
Fortnite is a MASSIVE game and verse and probably has multiple Boundless entities in it. But it’s tiny on VSBW. Know why? It has no enemies. It’s just Fortnite. People never compare Fortnite to anything because there’s nothing like it. Now, how many profiles do you think exist for one reason or another due to the Link VS Cloud Death Battle?

YAIJrGa.png

Fortnite is a MASSIVE game and verse and probably has multiple Boundless entities in it. But it’s tiny on VSBW. Know why? It has no enemies. It’s just Fortnite. People never compare Fortnite to anything because there’s nothing like it. Now, how many profiles do you think exist for one reason or another due to the Link VS Cloud Death Battle?
No verse actually has any enemies, this is all in your head. Just let it go...

Same thing applies. There's literally no reason to be so heavily fixated on how your verse matches up to an alleged "rival" (since "enemy" is too strong a term here) when the concept of rivalries between verses is hardly even a thing - if at all. Even debates like Mario vs. Sonic are nowadays met with a collective "Can we just move on from this?"

I dunno why people are so against this. Some of the best debates I’ve had in my life have been Legend of Zelda VS Final Fantasy.

There's a difference between regular debates and legit being so fixated on beating or not getting stomped by a verse that it clouds your judgment (i.e. "we need to get these upgrade threads out so we don't get solo'd"). And just objectively speaking, verse rivalries hardly even exist nowadays. This is largely self-imposed.

There's a difference between regular debates and legit being so fixated on beating or not getting stomped by a verse that it clouds your judgment (i.e. "we need to get these upgrade threads out so we don't get solo'd"). And just objectively speaking, verse rivalries hardly even exist nowadays. This is largely self-imposed.
On the contrary, the third Goku VS Superman kinda proves they do more now than ever.

On the contrary, the third Goku VS Superman kinda proves they do more now than ever.
Not really. I mean for one, as I said, Mario vs. Sonic was an incredibly prominent one - yet nowadays, people just want it to stop. And that doesn't change the fact that you, to put it bluntly, have been pretty obsessive about it to the point of raising genuine concern and/or annoyance.

Goku vs Superman isn't even a verse rivalry it's just a character one and also even if Death battle didn't make the third round of that fight literally nothing about how people are trying to scale either of those characters or their verses would've changed. Plus also it would prove they matter even less now instead of more than ever given the episode didn't get anywhere near the views or amount of discussion the first 2 did 10+ years ago.

Even if Final Fantasy was our sworn enemy what would that even change? We have nothing to bump up these characters to their level anyway so it's not like we'd be pumping out upgrades left and right to match them. Like, if we got a statement that said TOP Ganondorf was equal to TOTK Ganondorf and we could make all the Low 5-B dudes 5-A the gap between Zelda and FF wouldn't change in the slightest.

End of the day this one sided vendetta you have against Final Fantasy doesn't matter to anyone else. None of us want to upgrade the verse purely to be petty and outdo another verse we just wanna make the most accurate profiles we can and we're also sick of constantly hearing bout how we need to purposely want Zelda because Grumbo the Wallbreaker got wanked to 1-A.

Last edited:
With a complete lack of enemies, nobody would bother going through with upgrades. Pokemon is in a feat arms race with Digimon, same with Dragon Ball and DC.

Dragon Ball is off doing in its own thing, with a new thing every other day, not because they gotta beat DC, but because it's popular and most dudes on the wiki like it.
DC is going through cosmology shit and dudes like emirp just kinda making their own thing, or hell, I'm working on Batman stuff too, DC is like in its own bubble, wit bubbles within that. Most of it is being done because bros just enjoy comics.
Pokemon is going through cross-scaling bullshit, like Pokemon is so ****** it ain't even funny, Digimon is the last thing being thought about.
Digimon is dead af on the wiki because Dragon like, died, idk, it just needs supporters, not an imaginary rivalry between a verse that has like absolutely nothing in common with it beyond "hey, there's super powered creatures".
Fortnite is a MASSIVE game and verse and probably has multiple Boundless entities in it. But it’s tiny on VSBW. Know why? It has no enemies. It’s just Fortnite. People never compare Fortnite to anything because there’s nothing like it.
Hello Kitty is a MASSIVE overarching media franchise and verse and has multiple god-like entities within it and has crossed over with everything from Pokemon, to Touhou.
I can assure you, it not being popular on the wiki ain't because it doesn't have "enemies".
Now, how many profiles do you think exist for one reason or another due to the Link VS Cloud Death Battle?
Literally none. Every Zelda profile we have was ripped from OBD initially, of which some even predate the DB, or made by dudes who just like Zelda, mostly Cal.
Same with FF.

Not one owes its existence to DB.
What drives you all to make profiles, if it’s not being competitive?
Because I like the character in question and indexing is an interesting hobby
Untitled521_20230202233338.png

Something I should clarify since people seem to insist this, I don’t hate Final Fantasy. Quite the opposite, actually. The main reason I want Legend of Zelda to catch up with them is because I like both verses so much. Of course, I also like Bloons Tower Defense but the two don’t really have many MUs together.

I JUST GOT AN IDEA!!

Gramps from Link Between Worlds essentially functions as a second Link, even having items he shouldn’t possibly have like a second Master Sword Lv. 3, a second Hylian Shield, a second Red Mail, even other Nice items even though he didn’t help Mother Maimai… and somehow the Great Spin which you can only get if she upgrades Link himself. Basically he’s another LBW Link with almost as much skill and experience.

But first we should upgrade LBW Link’s page because it makes me go ape shitt

Last edited:
@Tyloxtus I'm very very very tempted to just report you for derailing this thread because of this nonexistent issue and vendetta you have over Final Fantasy being stronger than Zelda. FFS I don't get why you're losing sleep over the idea that Zelda can't beat a fantasy series. You don't see Chariot bitching about Jojo or Metal Gear not being able to solo every franchise known to man, if you're not going to tone down this obsession you have I will report you for this unnecessary derailment.

I'm not a LoZ fan (nothing against the franchise, just never played the games), but @Tyloxtus, you need to calm the f*ck down.

You're not having a conversation or asking legit questions, you're raving about imagined rivalries and other stuff because you want what simply isn't there.

Please reconsider your current course of action before the mods run out of patience.

@Tyloxtus I'm very very very tempted to just report you for derailing this thread because of this nonexistent issue and vendetta you have over Final Fantasy being stronger than Zelda. FFS I don't get why you're losing sleep over the idea that Zelda can't beat a fantasy series. You don't see Chariot bitching about Jojo or Metal Gear not being able to solo every franchise known to man, if you're not going to tone down this obsession you have I will report you for this unnecessary derailment.
I don’t know what you want from me. I literally just changed the subject from Final Fantasy to Zelda, which wasn’t even introduced to the conversation by me. In fact it wouldn’t have been about Final Fantasy for long if people hadn’t started nitpicking about how to be competitive. Me “wanting Zelda to solo every franchise” is just about the opposite of what I want, which I clarified multiple times.

I want you to change the topic and stfu about FF in this thread, the fact you've kept up with this behavior for the past month is getting close to crossing the line here since this can be considered derailment. Also you saying "it's the opposite" doesn't convince me given your behavior this entire thread.

Back