• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

perfection.

They argued it was deconstruction, but this is also the same site that gave Link type 9 immortality because the fact you can make separate save files with your own name somehow means he's tied to a higher being.

I can't count how many times folks scale kid link to 2-B or 1-A because he has Din's fire
GIEbJYxXIAAEGnF.png

My personal favorite Zelda wank is when they get put at immeasurable speed because of Ganondorf laughing in the backstory to ALTTP

the laughing transcending time and space line? yeah that takes me back. But yeah folks pushing for 1-A or High 1-A anything with the vaguest of statements is cringe AF. tier 5 and below matches are where it's at. :cool:

They argued it was deconstruction, but this is also the same site that gave Link type 9 immortality because the fact you can make separate save files with your own name somehow means he's tied to a higher being.
wait what

Wait I think I know what site that is, ain't it the one that uses the statement of the Master Sword "transcending time" to make them Immeasurable?

@Chariot190 yes I am not joking, they took the ******* manual statement on how saved games work and how you can name your save file/character whatever, and took that as a high end immortality thing Link has.

@Dust_Collector yes it is indeed that one. They had 1-A Zelda by taking the OoT cutscene with the goddesses way out of proportion.

Some Links do have Type 8 immortality (or 9? idk which is which ngl), but like, for save files???? Literally what implies save files are ******* anything but basic game shit? And even then, what for? Saves files don't make his ass immortal? If you were gonna grasp, the most I could see is alt uni shit which doesn't ultimately affect anything,

The wiki over there has some warped way of how abilities are listed, like it somehow takes “player self insert character” stuff and extrapolates it onto actual immortality with no proof that those are distinct from any other immortality.

Some Links do have Type 8 immortality (or 9? idk which is which ngl), but like, for save files???? Literally what implies save files are ******* anything but basic game shit? And even then, what for? Saves files don't make his ass immortal? If you were gonna grasp, the most I could see is alt uni shit which doesn't ultimately affect anything,
I've seen people taking Danganronpa's rebuttal bullets as a real ability, there are people who simply don't bother giving an idea a try, unless it's to be able to negate some downgrade

Finished FF7 Rebirth, likely GOTY if you ask me shit was peak, but lmao the game added more timelines to FF7 in a hour than Nintendo added to Zelda over the course of nearly 40 years
Been hit with some spoilers here and there and really thinking I jumped the gun with the FFVII CRT >_>;

Yeah rebirth kinda went crazy with the stuff that'll need like a massive CRT.

]Also the old meme of Square doing everything in their power to make Sephiroth comically stronger every time he comes back still rings true, bro is cracked in this game being able to casually travel and see different timelines, affect two timelines at once via his massive whisper tornado, seemingly cut new timelines into existence

Also is there a general FF discussion thread? As much as I love talking about Rebirth and stuff I don't think the Zelda thread is the ideal place to talk lol

Yeah rebirth kinda went crazy with the stuff that'll need like a massive CRT.

]Also the old meme of Square doing everything in their power to make Sephiroth comically stronger every time he comes back still rings true, bro is cracked in this game being able to casually travel and see different timelines, affect two timelines at once via his massive whisper tornado, seemingly cut new timelines into existence

Also is there a general FF discussion thread? As much as I love talking about Rebirth and stuff I don't think the Zelda thread is the ideal place to talk lol
There is one right HEA!

Holy shit, I miss Breath of Fire. That series was goooooood.

Find it ironic that the closest thing to a new BoF was a friggin card storyline in Yu-Gi-Oh with their own Ryu, Nina and Fou Lu expies.

Maybe if Capcom goes the extra mile they’d make a proper BoF6, they brought back so many of their other IPs from the bring these days.

They've been revisiting old games? I know a new Ghost and Goblins released not so long ago, but none other. Megaman 11 came all the way back in 2018.

Nintendo really needs to stop trying to make the BotW setting work. It seems like FF7 got the upgrade we were all hoping TotK would give us.

Nintendo really needs to stop trying to make the BotW setting work. It seems like FF7 got the upgrade we were all hoping TotK would give us.
I like how this implies the only reason Zelda characters aren't whipping out 2-C feats or whatever is just because the setting of BOTW / TOTK is what it is, like sure dude if they try a new setting these characters are 100% gonna be merging timelines and blowing up universes or something 🗿

I said the upgrade, not the literal identical feats lol. It would literally take Zelda like septillions of years to charge the Master Sword to Disc 3 FF7 levels, and even then Link would be slow as shit and haxless and stupid and a massive pussy and no friends compared to them.

Back