• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby (Verse) Revisions Part 8; Potential hax downgrade

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Last part's here and everything there was done.

"When a friend's soul falls under the enemy's control, use a Friend Heart to get your friend back again!"

This was believed to be morality manip, making the guy doing that scale to this guy with multi-galactic morality manip, but now this should be considered soul manip. With no crazy potency.

At best it could be considered both powers but I don't see why. Kirby's resistance to this would be affected too.

• Purification for every Star Ally, they already had this before it was a power but now idk what type they would have.
  • Acrobatics for every Star Ally, even those who don't make a useless flip when jumping as they can all make use of the Friend Train and Circle. Also Hyness.
  • Accelerated Development at least for Kirby, MK, DDD and Bandana Dee, likely for all Star Allies.
    • The former 4 could fight evenly with Landia and briefly later defeat Magolor, who was incredibly above Landia.
    • Kirby could fight evenly with Mecha Knight+ and briefly later defeat Star Dream, who was incredibly above Mecha Knight+.
    • Kirby and the Star Allies could fight evenly with Hyness and briefly later defeat Void Termina, who was incredibly above Hyness.
  • Social Influencing for the cult leader with intoxicating charisma & the liar and a wizard.
  • Air Manipulation, Breath Attack & Spatial Manipulation via Team Attack for Kirby, MK, DDD and Bandana Dee via being able to move this. Kirby's Star Spit would have Spatial Manip too.
    • More context for that here.
  • This one I myself I'm iffy with - Enhanced Senses via energy sensing for all Star Allies via this pause screen description and the way it's writte
  • And lastly, every top-tier whose "able to keep up with Void Termina" is, while doing so, also maneuvering the Star Allies Sparkler, a vehicle above another one with the best (calc'd) speed feat in the verse. This should be added in the profiles too.

Eficiente said:
At best it could be considered both powers but I don't see why. Kirby's resistance to this would be affected too.
It still personally feels like a form of Mind Manipulation to me, either that or I guess I just fail to see how it affects the soul.

Other than that everything else seems cool, albeit I'm neutral on Accelerated Development.

Nah to the first one. It's still morality manipulation, it just has the additional power of being able to affect the soul.

I'm slightly iffy on Accelerated development given that this kind of stuff is all over the place in videogames and none have this ability. I'll wait for a Stand user Staff member for that.

I already gave you my opinion on Enhanced senses. We either consider it info analysis for everything else the menus have said across the series or we just consider that pieces of lore the game tells the player. We cannot choose a middle ground here, and for now I think the latter is more probable.

Everything else is fine

Agreed, Accelerated development may not work, but I'm still neutral.

I as well agree with what Tri said about the Morality Manipulation, effective towards the soul but still acts like moral manip either way.

I knew I was forgetting at least one thing; With many abilities Kirby has the power to increase the size of a weapon he may be using, it is a possibility for this to be a power Kirby himself has due to the fact that the abilities in which he does this have nothing to do with Size Manip. This also being a power Kirby has in base for himself.

Arceus0x said:
i hope a new game comes out soon and gives us some cool feats
Off topic, but I have a theory that since they've had 3D elements in the last 2 main Kirby games (Robobot and Star Allies), I speculate they've been experimenting with the 3D aspect of Kirby games and may even make and release a full fledged 3D Kirby title.

I just hope they stop giving the same things different names, confusing galaxy with universe and just stop giving mistranslations in general. They can still mispronounce Magolor's name all the want and believe that destroying worlds is impressive.

"Ride the Starship, made from star power, into the heart of NOVA in order to stop MARX's evil plan to takeover Dream Land!" - KSS pause description

Kirby being able to have the star power in his body should be other feat of TK and another form of Absorption, MK surprisingly having this too. Kirby using that star power to make a vehicle is Energy Manipulation.

What's crazy, Kirby can deconstruct said vehicle into the stars that made it and telekinetically move the latter into the planets they belong, as MK can go to collect them later. That feat is consistent with Kirby using the star power in Revenge of the King to make the Starship again, summoning it in seconds.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3458222

• I believe this is either another 4-A feat or a 3-C one that could actually upgrade every top tier.

This is no longer a "hax downgrade" thread, now its the reverse.

A galaxy? But how can we know its a real one inside the lor? Ckockwork star were said to be created by incrediblw power, can we get info about those energy spheres that power up the lor?

That last thing has nothing to do with this.

Obviously "dots in the background=/=real-sized stars!", if not Kirby while stopping time would have another 4-A feat and the new Nightmare would have real stars in his cape. However, the Lor does have some neat context that should make those stars bigger than what we see

• In its first cutscene we see it having an interior bigger than the exterior.
  • It has a number of rooms with the same characteristic, later Magolor, the owner of the ship, would make many different theme parks with rooms like that, at least 2 of them having stars in the background as his profiles points out.
  • Other context would be the ship's own Size Manipulation and how it was created by a group of supergeniuses who made things that can manipulate reality and have a number of powers related to space.

Should kirby and users of fhe friend hearts have sealing? Friend hearts have the power of the spears which were used to seal Void, this was said on a Nintendo Dream interview, its said that thwy have the power of sealing.

If i had it here...

A general opinion of the last game (..spoilers)

• -Some remixes were meh.
  • -The plot could have been more...anything.
  • -P.Nightmare getting betrayed and one-shotted twice was dumb.
  • +At the same time, random Kirby characters one-shotting other random Kirby characters being a thing that happens a lot in the verse is a very likeable thing.
  • +Galacta Knight got redeemed and now he's one of, if not the strongest dude in the verse.
    • Now I like him more than DMK, f*ck how's that even possible?
  • +The lore got expanded, I mean it's nothing we didn't imagine but now it's even more suggested. Even when not outright stated, it was just exciting to see GK use the spears as an attack.
  • +King D-Mind is the most "interesting" of the other soulless versions of DDD, which is sorta neat.
Overall I'm more than satisfied with this game, not bad at all for a spin-off.

@Kirby Could you mark the part in specific?

@GalladeGuy Both, yes. "Time Manipulation & Time Travel (Chronos Staff & Hat; Grant the user control over time and supposedly allow it to travel through space-time at will, which wasn't explicitly shown)"

P.Nightmare, GK and King D-Mind should get regen via coming back from blowing up as there is context for the 3 cases. All do so in their unique animations for it, first of all. Anime Nightmare was suggested to revive from annihilation via lol type 8 Immortality, canon Nightmare came back from annihilation in a non-canon minigame that now P.Nightmare is taking attacks from. GK should be somewhat similar to Morpho Knight, who blows up in after his first battle and only comes back using his true power in his second fight, which was only suspicious for him. GK has blown up before but his appearances were but non-canon and disconnected from each other, which isn't the case here. When King-D-Mind blew up in his first game he was stated to be revived by the Black Mirror (Jap text of the mission description iirc), now he just does the same but the Black Mirror was long destroyed.

GK can get Sealing with the spears, but he had help from other 3 guys to do that so that will certainly be reflected in his profile. Just like how 4 spears did the job and GK can control dozens of them.

Kirby got hold of those spears in Hero's in Another Dimension too so he should get sealing in his optional items category.

Also wouldn't he have resistance to sealing do to the fact he can get hit by the spears and you know... Not get sealed?

On a less important note can someone explain how the crystal thing Galacta Knight's sealed in works? Like he gets put in it after defeat by Kirby in this new game and by Meta Knight in Planet Robobot and then is sent through a space time portal? Like is this something the characters are doing or is it a property of his defeat?

It actually looks like the spears act on their own in the main story of Star Allies and in HiAD, Kirby & co. had them but we don't know what they can do with them. Not to mention they would need to know how to use those things in that way, anyone being able to use TK to control them doesn't mean that they can do anything but poke others with them.

They're spears, as far as we know GK is just using them as pointed weapons against Kirby, that is the natural assumption. The spears did that to the giant Jamba Heart where C.Hyness was as well, so yeah they aren't always hax.

Honestly, any of this is just as good; After GK is defeated

• He knows how powerful he is and seals himselfs.
  • The sealing is automatic and seals again GK when he loses awareness.
  • Plot shenanigans. "Hey look he's getting sealed like in past games!"
I would be fine with Kirby sealing him and sending him to other universe in this game...but the visuals do not indicate this at all, so that's a no. A new portal opening up and sending him away with no explanation is some serious bullsh*t that someone had to do, but we don't know. For now.

A couple of more interesting things. The Friend Hearts were but pieces of the spears. Their universe crossing feat at the beginning of Star Allies should be below a complete spear in action, and now we know Kirby can dodge multiple of them. By using the spears GK should have an improved Empathic & Morality hax than a singular Friend Heart. This is somewhat supported on the spears being so effective on Void Termina and apparently contradicted by them hitting Team Kirby and doing nothing but damage, which I believe must be considered yet another feat of resistance to those hax.

In terms of AP upgrades, no. Other than Galacta Knight bumping himself to one of the three strongest characters in the series behind Kirby and Void (I'd have put GK above Kirby but BWD outright said Kirby is stronger).

Kirby is definitely one of the strongest of the verse (For obvious reasons). If I'm not mistaking, Void is above everyone, yes?

@Mag The true Void from Another Dimension, yes.

@Cal So um, GK's feathers disappeared as well. Any reason for this to not be the case?

P.Nightmare should have Mind Manip as well. He was repeatedly stated to be behind everything going on, which should include Taranza attacking Team Kirby and recovering his senses after that even tho he was an ally in the prequel. 'Cuz this isn't a remake.

Between this and the regen they nailed it pretty well with Nightmare. He has everything he has ever used+portals.

Back