• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Kirby upgrade

I mean now idrk. I guess I should wait for the new game to come out but the newer pictures im seeing show it as having no center at all...
I am seeing the same. Which would in turn makes my previous defense null in retrospect, unfortunately.

I am seeing the same. Which would in turn makes my previous defense null in retrospect, unfortunately.
well this IS new evidence so while i wish for this CRT to be closed I think i could ask it to be opened depending on what new evidence comes up. Anyways, thanks for defending this since your points had a lot of merit. This was a potential upgrade from the beginning anyway

I mean now idrk. I guess I should wait for the new game to come out but the newer pictures im seeing show it as having no center at all...
I’m 90% sure that darkness is the Grand Doomer particles coming off of him. He still blocks the black hole like the sphere doomers :(

Also, pretty sure starter pack mentioned the center getting darker in one of his replies, so it can still be applicable some way or another

The solution is in your proposition. If the stars that are not moving are ignoring the natural spin of the purple space formation, then the answer is obvious. They are not part of it, and hence, should be ignored in this case. As you said, they are either in front of or behind this, and should have no impact on the subject at hand.

Hence, while examining this formation, only the actual parts that make it up should be accounted for.
Yes. But then, the spinning stars being part of the galaxy either means that those are the only stars the galaxy has or that if it has more, they might be comparable to the underwhelming amount of stars spinning on the edges. So it having very few stars for a galaxy.
Hell, just expand your scope to the rest of the background, and you see two extended spiral arms reaching out from the middle, something which a lot of galaxies do like the Condor Galaxy here.

3CUUPMJnRCZymjWhfnPVHe-320-80.jpg
Point taken.
And as for the light in the middle getting brighter and dimmer overtime, might I introduce you to the concept of a quasar, two beams of intense light that are sourced from black holes that can appear brighter and dimmer to the viewer depending on their angle of observation?
Well, this purple thing does this on its own, as one stands still. I would say it can't be that.
Even disregarding this, a buildup of nebulous debris can cause a dim in magnitude
On and off on its own this fast?
And on top of all of this, you are comparing the graphics of an oversimplified N64 game to a far more detailed Wii game. Considering the difference in graphical capabilities in both consoles, you have to give it some breathing room and not compare the two 1:1. So, like Arceus has been saying constantly, difference in art direction + graphical limitations make a compelling case here.
Wait what, the purple thing is from the more detailed Wii game, and the more-than-one models of what I can 100% say are galaxies are from the oversimplified N64 game. The former is less excusable than the latter under lack of clarity, although my argument isn't to compare. Also, the Wii game did have models for what I can also 100% say are galaxies in the upper levels of the jumping mini-game at the end of every regular level, in Kirby's universe and Another Dimension.
So the demo for Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe came out and it shows a preview of the full game once you beat the demo. It includes some shots of the Grand Doomer fight, which also includes some shots of the galaxy-looking thing in the background. I've taken screenshots of them, shown here, here, and here.

Don't know if this'll help but I figured it'd be useful
I will say as I said before, it does look more galaxy-like in the remake.

I will say as I said before, it does look more galaxy-like in the remake.
and yet ironically it's ultra hollow in the center, or so it seems. I think we ought to wait for the game to come out as maybe we'll get better fotage and maybe a new idea of AD's size.

I agree with Arceus.

For the time being, this conversation should be put on hold until the game comes out.

So I will post here since i will be avoiding spoilers.
However i will use a video of the game's longplay to support my statements since seeing it animated is way different from seeing images.

To begin with, the galaxy didn't become hollow, so i retract my concerns here. Here's what i mean. There's something dark in the middle, something flame-like, but it is shifting and it is on the inside of the galaxy. This is NOT space. Yeah this isn't a hole right through the galaxy. My evidence is 1. the fact that it's very shifty and mobile and 2. I deadass went in to make sure they are not the same. I used a tool to look at which color is the hole itself and what color is the space in this instance. Space is #18182f while the inside of the galaxy is #1a1222. Essentially, while it's hard to make out due to similar levels of darkness, one is blue and the other is purple, so they are vastly different in reality.

Next up is the fact that the galaxy has become even more galaxy like unless i missed it before. I mean, they made it a lot more spiral-like, it now has more features similar to a galaxy. Look at it here, it clearly has more distinct spiral arms than it did before.
4dxMUPW.png

Next up we need to talk about the speed of spin.
It spinning in my opinion is not an issue. The gravitational pulls inside AD are crazy af I mean do you see the planets move around like crazy? It's clearly not your average dimension and nothing states it has to be the same as the normal universe in every way so in my opinion the galaxy spinning fast is normal and there's also the fact that, as i've mentioned before, this is how galaxies in kirby's universe are. Ironically i'd say they look a bit less like galaxies than the galaxy in our image from AD at this point. I will of course say that this is probably a stylistic choice for this already cartooney game and they simply didn't want to change too much.

Finally, could it be a gravitational well? I doubt it. I mean this is a colored structure with defined spiral arms, stars inside and outside of it, a now defined center and the fact that it spins. I believe that it is enough to prove that this is a galaxy now.

Well, I can see it being a galaxy but I'm still not 100% certain of that. Either way, it doesn't matter anymore: In every dimension the Doomers were on, the whole dimension was being consumed by the Dimensional Walls minus the part where the Energy Spheres are:

"異空間への入口は、スーパーのうりょくの
パワーに より ひきさかれる ようにして
開かれた。 時と ともに空間は とざされて
いくが、スフィアのある 場所のみのこされ、
ローバーが飛び回って いるようだ。
" = "The entrance to Another Dimension was opened as if it were being torn opened by the power of a Super Ability. As time passes, the space is closed but only the place where the sphere is is left, Rover (Doomer) flies around and he seems to be there."

Trying out other translations myself it's either "space" or "the space", and that's either "closed", "removed", "disappears", "fades". I believe reasonable to say objectively that this affects the whole dimension rather than only the visiable area of the map we were at, as otherwise more would be left than the area where the Energy Sphere is, that wouldn't be the "only" place in space "left". This would change the stats as only "2-C", at worst "3-A, likely 2-C" if only many universes were affected but not some areas in them and the space between the universes. The text even supports a little bit the idea that all of Another Dimension was affected rather than only the dimensions we saw affected, but that's still vague.

It's not about the area affected having some galaxies in it or not anymore.

All this and more will be proposed in the Sandbox I'm making for the CRT we already have open, so, do we agree to close this?

All this and more will be proposed in the Sandbox I'm making for the CRT we already have open, so, do we agree to close this?
I wanna keep this open for future reference but i think it'd be good to focus on the bigger upgrades at hand

What future reference will come?
let's say that, hypothetically, your 3-A/2-C revision fails and it stays at 4-A, likely 2-C.
This thread will make it 3-C/3-B, likely 2-C instead.
I also want people to talk about anything they agree or disagree on with this right now. Once your revisions is successful you can close this one.

Well, I can see it being a galaxy but I'm still not 100% certain of that. Either way, it doesn't matter anymore: In every dimension the Doomers were on, the whole dimension was being consumed by the Dimensional Walls minus the part where the Energy Spheres are:

"異空間への入口は、スーパーのうりょくの
パワーに より ひきさかれる ようにして
開かれた。 時と ともに空間は とざされて
いくが、スフィアのある 場所のみのこされ、
ローバーが飛び回って いるようだ。
" = "The entrance to Another Dimension was opened as if it were being torn opened by the power of a Super Ability. As time passes, the space is closed but only the place where the sphere is is left, Rover (Doomer) flies around and he seems to be there."

Trying out other translations myself it's either "space" or "the space", and that's either "closed", "removed", "disappears", "fades". I believe reasonable to say objectively that this affects the whole dimension rather than only the visiable area of the map we were at, as otherwise more would be left than the area where the Energy Sphere is, that wouldn't be the "only" place in space "left". This would change the stats as only "2-C", at worst "3-A, likely 2-C" if only many universes were affected but not some areas in them and the space between the universes. The text even supports a little bit the idea that all of Another Dimension was affected rather than only the dimensions we saw affected, but that's still vague.

Dang, that’s actually really hype

Might count as a necro, but uh..
I mean, thanks for the revival either way, I think we forgot about the Doomer ratings. The 2-C revisions are definitely taking too long tho, so I’m not sure how we sort that. This crt is still relevant in making 1st phase Magolor 3-C, as well as Grand Doomer, Metal General, and Landia + maybe some other minor bosses that occur post-RtDl

Sphere Doomers are considered mid-bosses, so that might change the rating for them. Either way, their 2-C spatial manipulation should be removed since one Doomer isn’t affecting all of Magolor’s wave and should probably be changed to 3-A (since the spatial revert only affects one universe and not the whole thing).

Back