• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Kirby upgrade

1. prove why
I don't need to, you need to prove the positive and you can't because that's not a galaxy.
2. it very much did and the fact that you didn't notice me pointing that out means that you very much didn't read the whole crt
No, it affected similar dimensions with the same thing, but that's not the same as having affected that dimension. They came in the present, before the feat happened.
that just assists my argument though
If you purposely neglected to add info in that assistance that was against it then that's manipulative.
it has no reason not to be a separate dimension either, e
The black hole is a black hole or something like it, you prove a positive on anything extra. Meaning it doesn't need to have "no reason not to be a separate dimension either".
nO tHeY'Re nOt StARs
Please grow up. Don't ridicule something you disagree with to make yourself feel better, that just makes one more sure of their own beliefs in a hollow, unearned way.
Prove it, you keep saying shiz and not backing it up with any counterarguments besides "no"
Again, you need to prove a positive, I don't need to prove how it is that they're not stars. To see it and judge them as not stars is all there is to it.
except for the fact that he does that constantly throughout his fight and there's no evidence to suggest that he can't just go into his own black hole. How about you stop accusing me of making shiz up and actually pull out some proof for once
You have no reason to keep talking like that with a double negative ("no evidence to suggest that he can't"). You need to prove that he can go into his black hole for we to affirm so. It doesn't matter the lack of evidence on how he can't. You made it up because it comes out of nowhere. Idk why you keep asking for proof, clearly I can't have a scan that says "Marx can't go into his black hole" because clearly my issue is on your logic, it seems you only point out "proof" simply because the word was said before rather than because you concluded it should be applied here logically.
it's not meaningless, you just keep saying it is to try and push your counterargument...oh wait, there is no counterargument, you just keep saying it's meaningless over and over again without stopping. It has stars, it is a dark area which resembles space in one way or the other
No, I conclude what I say, it is meaningless for Marx's attack to be portrayed that way now because those aren't real stars and that's not inside his black hole, so it doesn't matter to what the inside of his black hole may be. Synonymous to that, the information is meaningless.
nerd.gif
If he were to portal to a 4-A dimension like that, the dimension is already in chaos and as such he isn't in control of it. Alternatively, Marx messes up the small area around Kirby.
Just to clear things up, the main argument is that there are galaxies in some Doomer Dimensions and Sphere Doomers can revert Magolor’s destruction of the dimensions. Basically making anything scaling to 4-A Pre-Magolor, 3-C, and 2nd Phase Magolor and beyond 3-B
I know, it would follow from that thing in the Grand Doomer area being a galaxy, but it's not, so nothing happens there.

Last edited:
I know, it would follow from that thing in the Grand Doomer area being a galaxy, but it's not, so nothing happens there.
It’s a galaxy because it looks like a galaxy..? I don’t know what makes it not a galaxy, but if that doesn’t look like a galaxy, I don’t know what is. I’ll take from the trailer of the deluxe remake since it has better graphics for more easy telling

It very clearly shows a spiral galaxy with each arm extending across certain portions of the background. There’s like 4 of these across the 15 Doomer Dimensions.

It looks better in the remake. But it still looks too unlike a galaxy, whereas it could far more likely be a nebula, star cluster, or made up thing, it also spins too fast and has too little stars. Granted, yes galaxies are shown in the game that spin fast too, but those do look like galaxies and so are galaxies.

I don't need to, you need to prove the positive and you can't because that's not a galaxy.
It's a spinning nebulae-like object with stars in it. Thus I believe it is a galaxy. If you don't have proof that it isn't one then get out of here.
No, it affected similar dimensions with the same thing, but that's not the same as having affected that dimension. They came in the present, before the feat happened.
you still didn't read did you? I specifically showed how the galaxy appears in one of the levels where you are chased by the dimension wave
If you purposely neglected to add info in that assistance that was against it then that's manipulative.
what did I manipulate? Like cool he can make portals, what does this change? My argument was that the door could have lead to AD because GD affected it
The black hole is a black hole or something like it, you prove a positive on anything extra. Meaning it doesn't need to have "no reason not to be a separate dimension either".
it's a thing that Marx can enter with his portal thingy and when you fall into the black hole you end up in that area. it's an area that you can enter via portals and black holes that looks nothing like the normal dimension where the fight was happening, thus it is a pocket dimension
Please grow up. Don't ridicule something you disagree with to make yourself feel better, that just makes one more sure of their own beliefs in a hollow, unearned way.
im making fun of your empty non-existent arguments. If you had a proper argument instead of "no because i said so" I wouldn't be doing that now would I?
You have no reason to keep talking like that with a double negative ("no evidence to suggest that he can't"). You need to prove that he can go into his black hole for we to affirm so. It doesn't matter the lack of evidence on how he can't. You made it up because it comes out of nowhere. Idk why you keep asking for proof, clearly I can't have a scan that says "Marx can't go into his black hole" because clearly my issue is on your logic, it seems you only point out "proof" simply because the word was said before rather than because you concluded it should be applied here logically.

He opens up a portal which moves around until he comes out of it. The portal has the exact same characteristics as the insides of the black hole. The fact that he can enter it is evident by the fact that kirby can get absorbed into it.

No, I conclude what I say, it is meaningless for Marx's attack to be portrayed that way now because those aren't rael stars and that's not inside his black hole, so it doesn't matter to what the inside of his black hole may be. Synonymous to that, the information is meaningless.
and yet again you are bringing nothing, absolutely nothing to the table. You just repeated the same thing and you just said "those aren't stars that's not his black hole" to a video where marx uses his black hole attack and the surroundings of his black hole are star-shaped objects and shining spheres.
If he were to portal to a 4-A dimension like that, the dimension is already in chaos and as such he isn't in control of it. Alternatively, Marx messes up the small area around Kirby.
that's fair, him controlling it was nothing beyond a suggestion, though that doesn't change any of my previous arguments which you keep failing to address above

It looks better in the remake. But it still looks too unlike a galaxy, whereas it could far more likely be a nebula, star cluster, or made up thing, it also spins too fast and has too little stars. Granted, yes galaxies are shown in the game that spin fast too, but those do look like galaxies and so are galaxies.
Literally what differs between them that makes this one so unlike? Your point here doesn’t make any sense, it looks what any other galaxy would look like. You’re basically blaming the art style here, just because it spins doesn’t make it not a galaxy. You don’t get to arbitrarily decide what is a galaxy and what isn't. It legitimately looks the same as any other galaxy in-game, and across the series

The same across all 4 of these is that they spin. Galaxies in Kirby spin. You lack a solid point disproving that it is a galaxy

"Your proof is wrong" "Then prove me wrong" "I don't need to, you just need to look better at the thing to know that it ain't a nebula or a galaxy as the art style makes it look weird."

Aren't you supposed to bring a counter point?

When someone gives their own proof of the positive, you do need to provide equivalent proof of the negative I believe. Arceus0x did supply proof and the counterargument should be more substantive than just “no.” The burden of proof thing mainly prevents scenarios like “this is true because you can’t prove it isn’t”

It's a spinning nebulae-like object with stars in it. Thus I believe it is a galaxy. If you don't have proof that it isn't one then get out of here.
If you yourself know it's nebulae-like then you should have concluded it's a nebulae, not a galaxy. Looking at images of both things it looks far more like either that or its own thing.
you still didn't read did you? I specifically showed how the galaxy appears in one of the levels where you are chased by the dimension wave
You once more made a jump in logic to conclude some negative take on me rather than to simply put more care into thinking why I said what I said. I know the thing shows up in those areas, I was the one who put that info in the profiles that say so. I pointed out how you said something that was wrong and rather than admit it you tried to divert from that and put more care elsewhere. You had no reason to conclude that I didn't read that because you had no indication of it.
what did I manipulate? Like cool he can make portals, what does this change? My argument was that the door could have lead to AD because GD affected it
You have all the info you need to know it if you take more time to put care on the manner.
it's a thing that Marx can enter with his portal thingy and when you fall into the black hole you end up in that area. it's an area that you can enter via portals and black holes that looks nothing like the normal dimension where the fight was happening, thus it is a pocket dimension
This is a less sensical take than the place just being a warped distortion as its inside a black hole, there being no distortion without the black hole, your take adds the extra layers of it being a real reality area when it doesn't look like it & its background changes all the time, with Marx being able to enter it, and the thing that brings you there being a portal, which are all less likely. The modern versions of the attack even support this as the center of the black hole looks less like something you could call a portal, but you neglected to point this out. The fact that the space around Kirby inside the black hole "looks nothing like the normal dimension where the fight was happening" is meaningless due to the take you're up against making perfect sense of it, it's distortion, black holes warp space.
im making fun of your empty non-existent arguments. If you had a proper argument instead of "no because i said so" I wouldn't be doing that now would I?
You are warned that if you do that again I'm gonna delete the comment. You again don't even try to understand the matter, you just justify yourself on something childish and unnecessary as usual, to have the self-control to not do that is a basic standard to follow, if you still feel just as justified then something predictable is going to happen in the future.

Saying if something looks or not like it has stars is very fundamental, you see it, you judge it, you say your take. One can't go Mojo Jojo over that, to call out the lack of elaboration on that an example of "empty non-existent arguments" is disingenuous.

He opens up a portal which moves around until he comes out of it. The portal has the exact same characteristics as the insides of the black hole. The fact that he can enter it is evident by the fact that kirby can get absorbed into it.

That's not a portal;
  • The attack's called Shadow Uppercut, it's a shadow.
  • It's a shadow in Stra Allies.
  • Kirby doesn't fall in it when over it.
  • We have no reason to claim it's a portal even ignoring all that, rather than just something weird / energy / a transformed Marx, as soon as he leaves the thing's not there anymore.
  • Even on your take the design is not the same as the other portal you claim he has
  • Nitpick; He would be moving around the portal, not himself, yet the jester can't move the black hole which you claim is a portal too
and yet again you are bringing nothing, absolutely nothing to the table. You just repeated the same thing and you just said "those aren't stars that's not his black hole" to a video where marx uses his black hole attack and the surroundings of his black hole are star-shaped objects and shining spheres.
This would be trolling coming from someone else, you were unsatisfied with me calling it "meaningless" by saying "it's not meaningless", I went over why it apports nothing and rather than to disagree you take it as if I bring absolutely nothing.
Literally what differs between them that makes this one so unlike? Your point here doesn’t make any sense, it looks what any other galaxy would look like. You’re basically blaming the art style here, just because it spins doesn’t make it not a galaxy. You don’t get to arbitrarily decide what is a galaxy and what isn't. It legitimately looks the same as any other galaxy in-game, and across the series

The same across all 4 of these is that they spin. Galaxies in Kirby spin. You lack a solid point disproving that it is a galaxy

It's too close to us, too nebulous (cloudy), the shape is less galaxy-like (unlike the galaxies in the 1º & 4º images), the amount of stars it has inside seems to be shown & it's too little for a galaxy, and those stars spin way too fast around the thing.
When someone gives their own proof of the positive, you do need to provide equivalent proof of the negative I believe. Arceus0x did supply proof and the counterargument should be more substantive than just “no.” The burden of proof thing mainly prevents scenarios like “this is true because you can’t prove it isn’t”
In this topic, it's sufficient, not some "empty non-existent arguments". Just call any other staff to judge the look of space things for second opinions.

If you yourself know it's nebulae-like then you should have concluded it's a nebulae, not a galaxy. Looking at images of both things it looks far more like either that or its own thing.
Galaxies look nebulae like and last time i checked nebulae aren't spiral nor do they spin
You once more made a jump in logic to conclude some negative take on me rather than to simply put more care into thinking why I said what I said. I know the thing shows up in those areas, I was the one who put that info in the profiles that say so. I pointed out how you said something that was wrong and rather than admit it you tried to divert from that and put more care elsewhere. You had no reason to conclude that I didn't read that because you had no indication of it.
You literally said that the feat did not affect 'that' dimension. Sure, the GD dimension wasn't affected. The ones with that galaxy were still affected though and that's a fact.

You have all the info you need to know it if you take more time to put care on the manner.
I deadass don't understand what you just wrote

Saying if something looks or not like it has stars is very fundamental, you see it, you judge it, you say your take. One can't go Mojo Jojo over that, to call out the lack of elaboration on that an example of "empty non-existent arguments" is disingenuous.
Your entire argument is "no they aren't stars". Going mojo jojo over that? Tf you even talkinh about. I simply said they are stars because they look like stars (which they do, they are glowing five pointed thingies that look like stars and are on a black background) and so far your only argument is "no" and when you say "why not" you say "you can't just say it looks like it has stars"... Bruh? If i say that I saw a park and it looked like it had trees are you gonna say I'm wrong too?

That's not a portal;
  • The attack's called Shadow Uppercut, it's a shadow.
Aha, shadow, one that has the exact same texture as the inside of the black hole, a shadow he comes out of, sure
  • It's a shadow in Stra Allies.
It's a spot with the same color as the inside of the black hole he summons
  • Kirby doesn't fall in it when over it.
Cool, he never got sucked into it, he also never falls into mirrors used by DM, portals used by Magolor and Elfilis. In short, game mechanics.
  • We have no reason to claim it's a portal even ignoring all that, rather than just something weird / energy / a transformed Marx, as soon as he leaves the thing's not there anymore.
Co, he didn't need a portal anymore and he closed it
  • Even on your take the design is not the same as the other portal you claim he has
What?
It's still a pseudo-black hole, it's could just be immobile, no other black hole moved in the games. I say it leads to a different dimension but that doesn't mean it is the exact same.
It's too close to us, too nebulous (cloudy), the shape is less galaxy-like (unlike the galaxies in the 1º & 4º images), the amount of stars it has inside seems to be shown & it's too little for a galaxy, and those stars spin way too fast around the thing.
When you look at a pic of a galaxy you mostly see the nebula-like parts of it and the glowing parts are mostly supernovae and Quasars if there are such. Same could easily go here, that being why we see less physical stars and more glowing orbs there. Spinning way too fast is common for kirby galaxies. The rest is your personal opinion.

This is a less sensical take than the place just being a warped distortion as its inside a black hole, there being no distortion without the black hole, your take adds the extra layers of it being a real reality area when it doesn't look like it & its background changes all the time, with Marx being able to enter it, and the thing that brings you there being a portal, which are all less likely. The modern versions of the attack even support this as the center of the black hole looks less like something you could call a portal, but you neglected to point this out. The fact that the space around Kirby inside the black hole "looks nothing like the normal dimension where the fight was happening" is meaningless due to the take you're up against making perfect sense of it, it's distortion, black holes warp space.
Why would this be warped space? It's not localized inside a black hole, you enter it and it engulfs the whole screen. Is the inside of the black hole that is 8 inches wide suddenly meters in size? The modern versions of the attack show the insides of it spill out and there are stars in it. Just becauss black holes warp space doesn't mean you can argue it's suddenly bigger than it's outside without it leading to a different dimension.

I want more staff on this thread, in part to see if they detect any amount of disingenuousness & apathy towards it.

Also, pretty off topic, but I’m hyped for the Magolor epilogue thing for the new Kirby game
These are leaks, so please don't talk about spoilers about the game until it's been out for a while (unless it's been officially revealed in a trailer)

I am leaning slightly towards agree, but I'll remain neutral for the time being.

Eficiente's faults is that he basically said "That's not a galaxy because it's obviously not just look at it trust me bud." And I obviously think that this approach is incorrect, and I would like to have a talk with both him and Ant about arguing without arguing or giving any proof whatsoever. But, I have a little bit of a problem with the whole "spinny things are galaxies" in this particular instance.

You see, the reason that galaxies are bright in the middle is because they most every one has a supermassive black hole at the center of it, and this gigantic gravity well pulls in the nearby stars around it, clustering them together and making the whole thing brighter. This is why it isn't as bright towards the arms of the galaxy, since they're not as affected by the SMBH as the ones closer to the middle.

Does this mean that a galaxy can't exist without a SMBH? Hell no! In fact, here's a picture of the Triangulum Galaxy, which has been confirmed by astronomers to not have an SMBH at the center of its formation.

B9B77F61F24749698F5E2635088384AB.jpg

Notice that the center of the galaxy is a lot dimmer than your standard galaxy, but it still does progressively get brighter still as, like before, a lot of the stars towards the middle are closer together, and hence, make it appear more white there. Now, compare this to the vortex in KRtD:

m4Tftwt.jpeg

Notice that despite the fact that it is a very dim formation, you can see that it still has a brighter spot in the middle. This could mean one of two things:

1) This is a galaxy without a SMBH in the middle.
2) This is not a galaxy, but rather some kind of vague gravitational vortex (not a black hole, since it is not dark in the middle).

This latter possibility is why I want to remain neutral, since either option could be viable, and I simply wished to lay the facts out on the table without just denying everything like Efi has done.

I am leaning slightly towards agree, but I'll remain neutral for the time being.

Eficiente's faults is that he basically said "That's not a galaxy because it's obviously not just look at it trust me bud." And I obviously think that this approach is incorrect, and I would like to have a talk with both him and Ant about arguing without arguing or giving any proof whatsoever. But, I have a little bit of a problem with the whole "spinny things are galaxies" in this particular instance.

You see, the reason that galaxies are bright in the middle is because they most every one has a supermassive black hole at the center of it, and this gigantic gravity well pulls in the nearby stars around it, clustering them together and making the whole thing brighter. This is why it isn't as bright towards the arms of the galaxy, since they're not as affected by the SMBH as the ones closer to the middle.

Does this mean that a galaxy can't exist without a SMBH? Hell no! In fact, here's a picture of the Triangulum Galaxy, which has been confirmed by astronomers to not have an SMBH at the center of its formation.

B9B77F61F24749698F5E2635088384AB.jpg

Notice that the center of the galaxy is a lot dimmer than your standard galaxy, but it still does progressively get brighter still as, like before, a lot of the stars towards the middle are closer together, and hence, make it appear more white there. Now, compare this to the vortex in KRtD:

m4Tftwt.jpeg

Notice that despite the fact that it is a very dim formation, you can see that it still has a brighter spot in the middle. This could mean one of two things:

2) This is not a galaxy, but rather some kind of vague gravitational vortex (not a black hole, since it is not dark in the middle).

This latter possibility is why I want to remain neutral, since either option could be viable, and I simply wished to lay the facts out on the table without just denying everything like Efi has done.
Ngl in the Doomer galaxy image, Kirby looks like he got his head flattened

While I guess it makes sense I'd say that this is a stylistic choice as galaxies are almost always shown to have no bright center in Kirby. First time we got galaxies with lights in the center was Star allies.

Eficiente's faults is that he basically said "That's not a galaxy because it's obviously not just look at it trust me bud." And I obviously think that this approach is incorrect, and I would like to have a talk with both him and Ant about arguing without arguing or giving any proof whatsoever.
Well, I did say "It's too close to us, too nebulous (cloudy), the shape is less galaxy-like (unlike the galaxies in the 1º & 4º images [Here]), the amount of stars it has inside seems to be shown & it's too little for a galaxy, and those stars spin way too fast around the thing." when asked to elaborate.
Notice that the center of the galaxy is a lot dimmer than your standard galaxy, but it still does progressively get brighter still as, like before, a lot of the stars towards the middle are closer together, and hence, make it appear more white there.
Notice that despite the fact that it is a very dim formation, you can see that it still has a brighter spot in the middle.
I wouldn't say it has a "brighter spot in the middle" when random parts of it not in the middle are as bright & brighter. In fact this bright center turns on & off to a degree and spins along the rest of the bright & not-so-bright parts of this thing.

The stars inside don't spin along this somehow, only the stars at the edges do. Heck we don't even know if "the stars inside" the thing are inside the thing or the background behind and they just look like they're inside this purple thing via perspective. It looks like the latter is the case if we look the pattern of stars outside the purple thing, then inside the spinning stars at the edges, and then inside; why would they be static stars in the same place as other stars are spinning? The static ones have to be behind what we see...but we are already inside the static purple thing so whose to say the rest aren't also behind it? I can get behind the logic of only the stars at the edges spinning & being inside the purple thing, it's a sensical mechanic for this made up space thing.

But even then, ignoring the paragraph above, if the colors are all spinning along the stars at the edges then why aren't the stars at the center spinning too? Why are they static? Everything that should cause them to spin isn't making them spin. This can't be a spinning galaxy with some stars at random not spinning, it has to be that the stars at the edges spin for their own reason that does not apply to the stars that do not spin (Again, the most likely reason is that the stars in the center are in fact behind the purple thing and not inside it).

The solution is in your proposition. If the stars that are not moving are ignoring the natural spin of the purple space formation, then the answer is obvious. They are not part of it, and hence, should be ignored in this case. As you said, they are either in front of or behind this, and should have no impact on the subject at hand.

Hence, while examining this formation, only the actual parts that make it up should be accounted for. This would be the nebulous purple cloudy part and the stars in orbit around it, which all spin in tandem with each other. Hell, just expand your scope to the rest of the background, and you see two extended spiral arms reaching out from the middle, something which a lot of galaxies do like the Condor Galaxy here.

3CUUPMJnRCZymjWhfnPVHe-320-80.jpg

And as for the light in the middle getting brighter and dimmer overtime, might I introduce you to the concept of a quasar, two beams of intense light that are sourced from black holes that can appear brighter and dimmer to the viewer depending on their angle of observation? Even disregarding this, a buildup of nebulous debris can cause a dim in magnitude, so while I can see why you would say this, I cannot reasonably set aside these explanations for it as well.

And on top of all of this, you are comparing the graphics of an oversimplified N64 game to a far more detailed Wii game. Considering the difference in graphical capabilities in both consoles, you have to give it some breathing room and not compare the two 1:1. So, like Arceus has been saying constantly, difference in art direction + graphical limitations make a compelling case here.

Again, there is a chance that this is just some gravitational well of some kind, which is why I still remain neutral, but I once again fail to see how your statements contradict the fact that this very well could be a galaxy here.

So the demo for Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe came out and it shows a preview of the full game once you beat the demo. It includes some shots of the Grand Doomer fight, which also includes some shots of the galaxy-looking thing in the background. I've taken screenshots of them, shown here, here, and here.

Don't know if this'll help but I figured it'd be useful

Yeah, Magolor is going to have his own story mode.
Tbh, depending on how they do the skill tree, might have to make his 1st key relevant again. Like, I’m 50% sure the trailer said he lost most of his powers and he has to strengthen and regain them. Not sure if this is relevant to the Crown or to Magolor but we might get something out of it.
While that's very cool, I don't think that's very relevant to this thread

That said, I did very much lose my mind seeing that trailer, much to the annoyance of any unfortunate souls around me
I was popping off at that trailer lol. It said something about a dimension between dimensions, but if we want to talk more, should probably go to the discussion thread and focus on the crt.

I mean now idrk. I guess I should wait for the new game to come out but the newer pictures im seeing show it as having no center at all...

Back