• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen revision - Part 1: Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This revision was supposed to be posted a month ago, but the day I was going to post it my computer crashed and only came back recently. This caused me to lose the will to revise Jujutsu. I was also worried about the date of the vestibular, so I decided to wait. But now everything has been solved, so here we go

And please, let's not turn this into a pathetic revision as it happened with the last thread, which means don't return with old issues on this thread (Like stuff about the Piercing Blood or subsonic stuff). Also, DON'T DERAIL.

MSH+ needs more limits​

Basically it is currently accepted that any character using Black Flash has a perception reaction of 1000000 meters per seconds based on several sentence about the cursed energy being applied in 0.000001 seconds. What reinforces the fact that the characters can perceive and react at the speed of cursed energy is what narrator says about Nobara and her Black Flash in chapter 61, it is obvious that he is referring to her being able to react the black sparks of the Black Flash. And in chapter 50 it is also shown that Itadori is able to react and perceive the Black Flash; Therefore, it is obvious that the characters are able to react at a speed of 1/1000000. So what is the problem? The problem here is that no jujutsu sorcerer is able to use Black Flash normally, jujutsu sorcerers need immense concentration to use a single blow, they cannot even blink. It is not correct to scale the speed MSH+ for normal reaction of characters.
Note: The Hypersonic+ it is just a exemple

The only character who normally scales to MSH+ reactions is Post-Shibuya Itadori. Itadori is a character who possesses the "blessing of the Black Flash", and with that he is able to make people think that he is able to use the Black Flash at will. Black Flash is now a technique that Itadori can use constantly but it is not yet a natural attack, and he just need to use the maximum cursed energy to use the Black Flash; Obviously Post-Shibuya Itadori's reaction to being MSH+ affects the scale, but minimally. For now, the only character that has surpassed Post-Shibuya Itadori's reaction speed is Naoya. So
Post-Shibuya Itadori:
Naoya:
Speed: Unknown normally, possibly at least Massively Hypersonic+, likely higher with Projection Sorcery (Itadori is not able to perceive Naoya's movements)
Note: The Hypersonic+ it is just a exemple

No one scales above Naoya for now, even Gojo. The sentence with "Naobito and Gojo are the fastest in the world" is wrong. This is because Naobito is a slower than Toji (And Toji was weakened), considering the fact that Naobito has difficulty keeping up with Dagon True Form in the Domain Expansion, but at same time Toji is much faster than Dagon even on Domain. Naoya is capable of being faster than the vision and reaction of a character comparable to Toji in his prime. Also, Naoya is considered a genius in Zenin Clan; Basically, the scan is inconsistent and is not usable. So for now, the only MSH+ character is Naoya
Piercing Blood is MSH+ as well, but it is a specific attack

Projection Sorcery explanations​

Projection Sorcery is an ability that makes a person move in 1/24 of a second. I will try to explain here everything about the ability; Basic logic, time is relative to distance. Take as an example the image below. The guy in the picture is a Projection Sorcery user, the distance he can run is 7 meters with the Cursed Technique (Green line) and after that the guy decides to run only 2.5 meters (Blue line). If he can use the technique over a distance of 7 meters (which means the guy can run at 168m/s) how the guy will it take him 1/24 seconds to run 2.5 meters? The time is relative to the distance. If a character can run 3 meters using the Projection Sorcery he won't take him 1/24 seconds to move an arm.
480_Sem_Titulo_20210706231501.png

Now comes the curious fact: The Projection Sorcery's limit distance is unknown, and therefore nobody can't deduce that a character took exactly 0.08 seconds to run a few meters, because we don't know how many limit meters the character can use the Projection Sorcery. Also, Naoya says "Shall I try... Upping my speed?", showing that the users can also vary the timeframe (and it is unknown if it can exceed 1/24 or not), so it is extremly difficult to determine a speed for the users of the Projection Sorcery using a distance and a timeframe, because everything is vague. The correct stuff is to use the blitz feats, simple

High Hypersonic+ scale​

Maki catching a bullet now is High Hypersonic+, Mach 89.8853652443 (Inflated, no?).
Note: Using the anime was accepted here
Miwa
Megumi
Kamo
Speed: Unknown normally (Never shown to fight someone physically without any reinforcement techniques), at least High Hypersonic+ combat speed with Flowing Red Scale (Much faster than Megumi, who scales for this feat. The Flowing Red Scale increases the user's body temperature, pulse rate, and the number of red blood cells to give themselves greatly increased energy and physical capabilities. Can keep up with Hanami in a fight for a limited time, but Hanami was not fighting seriously and did not want to kill anyone)
Finger Bearer
Eso and Kechizu
Speed: High Hypersonic+ combat speed (Eso and Kechizu's objective is to collect the Sukuna's finger and to do this they would need to kill Finger Bearer, who scales for this feat)
Nobara
Speed: High Hypersonic+ combat speed (Nobara is able to attack before Eso's attack hits her, who scales for this feat. She should be comparable to Megumi considering they both train together), at most with Massively Hypersonic+ reaction speed (Black Flash users are able to react and perceive the cursed energy being applied within 1/1000000 seconds, but require immense concentration and are not able to use the technique at will)
Panda
Muta
Speed: Below Average Human himself, High Hypersonic+ combat speed with Mechas (Able to fight against Panda, who scales for this feat)
Momo
Speed: Unknown physically, High Hypersonic+ combat speed with broom and cursed energy (Momo is able to keep up with Nobara, who scales for this feat)

Mid-Tier scale​

Todo creates a thought in 0.01 seconds: Mach 130 (Yes my man, I know that is just reaction speed)
Jogo keep up with Satoru Gojo when he was dodging an explosion: Mach 121
Hanami avoids Mahito at point-blank range: Mach 144

Yeah, consistent
Nanami
Jogo
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed (Is capable to keep up with casual Gojo, who at the moment was dodging an explosion. Jogo is considers by Naobito and Nanami a completely different level)
Hanami
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed (Is capable to keep up with Jogo, who scales for these two feats. Hanami fights constantly against Itadori and Todo simultaneously)
Shibuya Arc Maki
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed (Stronger than before. Is capable to keep up with Nanami)
Kyoto Goodwill Event Arc to beginning of Shibuya arc Itadori
Choso
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed (Choso is comparable to Itadori Yuji at the beginning of the Shibuya arc, who scales for this feat. He can keep up with Jogo, Mahito and Hanami in a fight against Satoru Gojo), possible Massively Hypersonic+ with Piercing Blood (Piercing Blood exceeds the speed of sound. Naoya considers Piercing Blood a problem, who scales above than 0.000001 seconds of Itadori's reaction)
Pre-Shibuya Arc Aoi Todo
Pre-Shibuya Arc Mahito Pre-Shibuya Arc
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed (Able to simultaneously fight Nanami and Itadori)
Uraume
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed (Can fight Choso and itadori)

High-Tier to God-Tier scale​

0128-013.png

Mahito, Itadori and Todo use 120% of the potential. "Potential" is in general, meaning that it is an increase in strength and speed; With this, all three can now attack at mach 144
This only scales to the three and to the supreme grade sorcerers (Because they are the top of the hierarchy and beacause Yuta is fastest than Itadori even when he is just playing) for now

Ogi is a character comparable to Post-Shibuya Arc Maki, after she manages to awaken herself with the help from Mai a casual movement is faster than Ogi's reaction and perception. Maki is compared to Toji two times, which indicates that both are at least comparable

Basically, Todo, Itadori, Mahito, Yuki, Gojo, Geto and Yuta are mach 144
Toji and Maki scales massively above than the MHS feat

Simple Thing​

Transonic feat that scales to Nobara, Megumi and Itadori at the beginning of the series (combat speed)

Last edited:
Everything here looks good except for the Black Flash

I don’t see how those images prove that they are perceiving or reacting to the Black Flash, in fact the shocked face on Yuji makes me think that he is moreso surprised at what he did and didn’t really react to it, I would argue that the reason they can’t do it at will is because they can’t react to it

Also on another note, why does Yuji not have a page yet? He’s the goddamn MC

Itadori is my husband. I didn't want to create a profile before a decent revision
very thanks
Don't derail
I don’t see how those images prove that they are perceiving or reacting to the Black Flash, in fact the shocked face on Yuji makes me think that he is moreso surprised at what he did and didn’t really react to it, I would argue that the reason they can’t do it at will is because they can’t react to it
The shocked face just shows that it is the first time he has seen so much energy, it is something new. If Itadori didn't react he wouldn't even know what he had create, which hasn't happened at all. Also, Nobara herself says that she was able to reach 1/1000000 seconds

Itadori is my husband. I didn't want to create a profile before a decent revision

Don't derail

The shocked face just shows that it is the first time he has seen so much energy, it is something new. If Itadori didn't react he wouldn't even know what he had create, which hasn't happened at all. Also, Nobara herself says that she was able to reach 1/1000000 seconds
I think you’re misunderstanding Black Flash, the cursed energy attacks 1/1000000 of a second after the initial punch, but the actual attack lasts longer than that timeframe

So Yuji was reacting to the result of the attack, not the actual timeframe of the attack

I think you’re misunderstanding Black Flash, the cursed energy attacks 1/1000000 of a second after the initial punch, but the actual attack lasts longer than that timeframe

So Yuji was reacting to the result of the attack, not the actual timeframe of the attack
Yes, in fact the real attack has a time completely different of the 1/1000000 seconds. I am not talking about Itadori reacting to the attack, I am saying about him reacting to the movement of the cursed energy in his arms, Itadori clearly can perceive. He even says, "So that's my cursed energy?", if he only perceived the arm movement and not the cursed energy Itadori wouldn't know that the Blach Flash happened; And also the narrator says about Nobara's Blach Flash:
Showing that the characters react.

Besides, I have to leave in a little while. I come back tomorrow morning. Please don't derail

Last edited:
Nobody scales to the Black Flash, as nobody has ever used the Black Flash at will.

The Black Flash is the result of Cursed Energy being applied to the fist within a millionth of a second, causing space to distort, and boosting one's striking strength by orders of magnitude (Damage Boost?); this is established when the Black Flash first appears, and repeated throughout the series and in the Official Fanbook (something like "The moment the Cursed Energy collides with the strike within a margin of 0.000001 seconds, the space is distorted, and the Cursed Energy glows black"). However, as you may now, nobody is capable of consciously applying Cursed Energy into their fists within that millionth of a second, and this fact is repeated at every opportunity Gege gets. Even to this day, there is a constant reminder that "Nobody can use the Black Flash at will".

If nobody can use the Black Flash at will, that means nobody can consciously apply Cursed Energy to their fists in a millionth of a second, and that means that nobody scales to the Black Flash, not even in terms of reaction speeds. If they could, then that line mentioned earlier would make no sense.

This is because Naobito is a slower than Toji (And Toji was weakened)
Toji wasn't weakened, Dagon is talking about Megumi's Domain Expansion. Also Naobito only had trouble with Dagon because of the endless flow of shikigami with guaranteed-hit blocking his vision, which allowed Dagon to hit him.
Maki was weakened due to blood loss against Ougi and her fight against the Hei. Naoya also tried to take advantage of the 1 frame stun forced on her by Projection Sorcery.
So saying that Naoya is faster than Toji, Gojo or even Naobito is wrong.
I think he is just shocked because he just used it for the first time + the whole stuff about gaining a new understanding of the essence of his cursed energy post-Black Flash.
Piercing Blood is MSH+ as well, but it is a specific attack
I.. don't see what makes Piercing Blood MSH+ (but maybe I'm just dumb lmao)

And about the "and she reached that spark of 1/1000000" line, the official translation is more accurate with what the narrator says in the raw (her extreme focus ignites the millionth of a spark). Don't really see anything about her reacting to the Black Flash. So yeah disagree with the Black Flash/MSH+ stuff FRA.

Disagree with the black flash and the piercing blood(that is definitely head canon). Also why are you ignoring statements made in verse?
As far as the wiki is concerned statmenets >>> any wiki calc
everything else is fine at first glance tho

I disagree massively with anyone reacting to black flash for reasons stated above and I disagree even more for people scaling their speed and AP to 120% due to a 120% increase in potential. And finally no that 0.01 second so called memory is not reaction speed it is perception speed even ignoring that it is likely just a gag moment rather than an actual feat to scale to anyone.

I disagree with Black Flash scaling as stated above.
so it is extremly difficult to determine a speed for the users of the Projection Sorcery using a distance and a timeframe, because everything is vague. The correct stuff is to use the blitz feats, simple
Or you know, you can just use this official statement that says Naoya surpassed subsonic speed with the Projection Sorcery which makes him very dangerous and faster than Maki.
XdcJGTs.jpeg

So, uh, she gets to be 30830 m/s for catching a 60 m/s bullet? Cool.

Why do we use the anime timeframe again? Is it because the scenes look similar across both versions, or is it because Gege said he reviews the storyboards?

I also disagree with black flash scaling in speed. While Itadori is good with it, he himself is still not able use at will. So no one should scale to black flash.

Piercing blood should be varies in both speed and AP my opinion, since it it becomes stronger and faster more its condensed, so essentially Choso condensing it for a 1 minute would be weaker and slower than him condensing it for a 1 minute 20 seconds.

And please, let's not turn this into a pathetic revision as it happened with the last thread, which means don't return with old issues on this thread (Like stuff about the Piercing Blood or subsonic stuff).
Man, how did I miss this.
Is it “pathetic” because statements go against your personal interpretation and calculations? I think it's very high and mighty of you to make such a bold statement.

We shouldn't ignore statements regarding speed made by Gege in the source material, or more specifically the statement about Naoya moving above subsonic speeds as he is approaching his top speed. This, to me, suggests that Gege intended Naoya (one of the fastest characters he has introduced) to only be above subsonic speeds and below the speed of sound due to the fact that he would have mentioned another unit of speed (supersonic, hypersonic) otherwise.

I also disagree with how black flash and the todo perception feat is used to scale reaction time for the reasons above

Don't go back to old issues about subsonic. This has already been discussed for more than 3 pages in the general discussion along with mods (KingTempesy). Don't derail. And literally, the statement "exceeding subsonic speed" does not mean any limit, especially when we look at the past chapter, and see the Maki blitz

Last edited:
I just mentioned why his speed would only be below supersonic territory and that the verse's author should technically have the final say in how powerful their verse is but I get what you're saying.

My point on black flash and todo still stands tho

I'm pretty sure we don't use that study with the fighters as they were under special conditions or something like that.
Peak Human perception is 0.1 seconds, and Superhuman perception is 0.08 seconds.
If I'm not wrong, we use the jet fighter reaction speed as the baseline because a character's reaction speed doesn't determine how fast they perceive the world (i.e. a character with hypersonic reaction speed wouldn't perceive every moment of their lives at hypersonic speeds)

Anyways, we probably shouldn't derail any further lmao

However, as you may now, nobody is capable of consciously applying Cursed Energy into their fists within that millionth of a second, and this fact is repeated at every opportunity Gege gets. Even to this day, there is a constant reminder that "Nobody can use the Black Flash at will".
Yes, no one can use it constantly. This is why I am adding the "At most" (which will be useless, but whatever), is because they are not able to perceive when they want to, but only when they use immense concentration to focus the cursed energy. When Nobara uses the Black Flash the narrator says "and she reached that spark of 1/1000000", "She", Nobara was able to reach the cursed energy momentarily;. It wouldn't make sense if she didn't react
I'm pretty sure we don't use that study with the fighters as they were under special conditions or something like that.
Peak Human perception is 0.1 seconds, and Superhuman perception is 0.08 seconds.
Even if I use 0.1 seconds the result is above subsonic. Also, I think 0.013 seconds is fair too
And about the "and she reached that spark of 1/1000000" line, the official translation is more accurate with what the narrator says in the raw (her extreme focus ignites the millionth of a spark). Don't really see anything about her reacting to the Black Flash. So yeah disagree with the Black Flash/MSH+ stuff FRA.
The correct sentence is the one I used
Maki was weakened due to blood loss against Ougi and her fight against the Hei. Naoya also tried to take advantage of the 1 frame stun forced on her by Projection Sorcery.
This was never said. If the damage was relevant to anything in the fight it would obviously have a picture showing this.
Toji wasn't weakened, Dagon is talking about Megumi's Domain Expansion. Also Naobito only had trouble with Dagon because of the endless flow of shikigami with guaranteed-hit blocking his vision, which allowed Dagon to hit him.
Fair

Last edited:
Everything here looks good except for the Black Flash

i have a sandbox for him but idk how much everyone agrees with it.
If you wanna check it out https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Nelliels/sandbox4YujiItadori

I'll comment on the points, and I have some major disagreements.

There was a CRT to reject Black Flash as a speed feat previously, though it wasn't evaluated by staff. So it isn't that the Black Flash has been accepted, it is more that the profiles had little to no update or revision by a CRT.

If I understand correctly, if you apply Cursed Energy within 0.000001 seconds, a distortion is created. Though nothing says that the distortion itself is only visible for 0.000001 seconds. So being able to see black sparks and such isn't really a perception or attack speed feat.

A stronger argument is that Black Flash is more likely to happen with concentration/skill, and that Yuji at one point learned to do it at will, so it can be applicable for perception speed (though probably not reaction speed since physical movement is not required). Though it appears to be something upnormal/instinctive, and not something casually done.

Don't see how the explicit statement that Gojo > Naobito (while healthy and using his technique) in speed is invalid. We can say that an injured Naobito is slower than Toji, but a healthy Naobito is faster than Toji. It is stated that Naobito's speed was reduced due to injury (missing his right arm), which allowed Jogo to tag him:
0111-013.png
0111-014.png

Domain Expansions has a guaranteed hit effect, and Dagon's version has the fish and their bite teleported onto you, so you need to block the attack since dodging is useless. Don't see how this is somehow an anti-feat for Naobito's speed. When Toji fought Dagon, Megumi cancelled out Dagon's guaranteed hit since both him and Dagon were in a Domain Expansion clash. In fact Dagon will properly beats Toji with Domain Expansion, unless Toji had a tool that protects him from the guaranteed hits.

I don't see how Projection Sorcery and Piercing Blood scales since at most Black Flash is based on irregular enhanced perception.

The explanation about Projection Sorcery is nice and all, but if you are claiming that it is MHS+, then this requires a movement of +14 km per frame. Needless to say, there are too many obstacles and too little space to project frames that absurdly apart.

More importantly we can calculate the distance between frames (i.e. the distance is not as unknown as you claim). For example in these three instances:
0107-017.png
0139-017.png
0151-012.png

This ability is not vague, and it is is a big can of subsonic anti-feats, and an obstacle for speed upgrades.

The user cannot vary the timeframe; it is 24 movements each occurring within 1/24 s till the very end (Otherwise Maki's deduction about how his ability works at the end is wrong). It is explained that the user can gradually increase the acceleration between frames, meaning that he increases the distance between frames, and this is what Naoya meant by upping his speed.
0151-011.png

I actually argue that both Maki's bullet catch calculations for the manga and anime versions are invalid, which would collapse the entire scale.

While there is a shot of the bullet being very close to Maki's forehead, this appears to be Mai's imagination while the ability is being explained. This is apparent in the actual bullet-catch scene where Maki's arm is stretched forward significantly further than the supposed distance between the bullet and Maki's forehead:
34bb7dab3ad9e40caa5692daa7776c9bdd9b1a2b.gifv

In the manga Maki's head is off-screen even though it is supposedly one (1) cm away from the bullet.
0042-014.png

So the scale is unreliable.

Also, Hanami was absolutely trying to kill people. Though hiding his killing intent was important for stealth.

First of all, if the Cursed Buds took more than 0.01 seconds to reach Aoi, then this means that Hanami's projectiles that apparently neither Yuji nor Aoi can dodge are subsonic.
laDy2we_d.webp

While it is confirmed that Aoi made the decision to shut down his reinforcement within 0.01 seconds, he is known to create delusional memories. I don't see how this scales to his perception, let alone reaction speed since there is zero physical movement.

Gojo tanked the explosion of the Ember Insects, not dodged it. So I don't see how a calc about him dodging the explosions is in anyway valid.

Simple Thing​

A minor point that doesn't warrant debate, but the scene plays a bit differently in the manga in a manner that contradicts the anime, but it is more vague in the manga.

Last edited:
Black Flash should never be used for speed scaling until the day a character performs it at will (which I believe will happen one day especially with Yuji). But for now, no one in the verse and no sorcerer in JJK history has ever pulled that off.

Oh my a bunch of replies already

On the OP
I agree with everything accept the Black Flash scaling
I have the same Opinion as Nullflower on Nobara reaching that spark of a microsecond.
If they can use it at will it’s a conscious reaction which we rate yet no one ever has
Not even Yuji during the end of Shibuya.

But, I share a similar concern to shadow’s on the maki feat too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back