• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I just wanted to address the usage of Maki’s Mach 27 feat, and why it is inconsistent. This is due to Choso’s piercing blood, which is stated to only move at around the speed of sound. And piercing blood is able to tag a stronger yuji, than the one that already outscales maki. So for a character who is already scaling above maki to barely be able to react to something that is the Speed of sound, it is nonsensical for makis to scale higher. And this is perfectly consistent given that we know mai created the bullets with curses energy, without conformation of the bullets composition. So this CRT is establishing that we should downgrade the maki feat as you can’t show it’s a real bullet

Convergence: Piercing Blood stated to be the Speed of sound

Yuji getting tagged by Convergence: Piercing Blood:

Yuji being stated to be able to beat anyone in Tokyo or Kyoto in a fight without cursed energy:

Maki is stated to not be able to use/control cursed energy:

So in conclusion, Maki, scales below Yuji, who in turn is able to be hit by attacks that are only the speed of sound, and since we already are in the shadows about the details of Mai’s construction technique, to keep the scaling consistent, it’s likely it’s not a real bullet, and so the Mach 27 feat should not be used to scale characters.

Last edited:
Screen_Shot_2021-05-18_at_4.52.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-05-18_at_4.52.47_PM.png

Sorry, I’m on mobile and I couldn’t figure out how to upload directly. I’ll inprivate the google drive scans

Mai was using rubber bullets.
They weren't allowed to kill each other in that battle, it was stated.

About Piercing Blood, it is said to reach the Speed of Sound but it becomes slower with the distance, that's how Yuji was capable of dodging it.

I agree. I don't think JJK should be Mach 27 or anything above that, honestly. I also think we should remove that Black Flash feat.
I agree. It’s stated nobody can use it at will, so nobody scales to it under normal circumstances, only when Lucky

About Piercing Blood, it is said to reach the Speed of Sound but it becomes slower with the distance, that's how Yuji was capable of dodging it.
Where is that stated? But yeah, hes hit here, which still keeps meanes we shouldn’t use the bullet feat

i asked for qliphoth to translate the raw above, but this is what i have so far
Yeah, the viz for jjk is a bit weird, but what’s still being portrayed is that the piercing blood is being compared to around the Speed of sound, not “Dozens of times over!” As it would be if the bullet feat was actually Mach 27

Did you know that there are more than 3-4 hypersonic calculations and above? And the Japanese translation says something else, it says "It exceeds the speed of sound". Downgrade the verse is the same as downgrade characters like Netero

Did you know that there are more than 3-4 hypersonic calculations and above? And the Japanese translation says something else, it says "It exceeds the speed of sound". Downgrade the verse is the same as downgrade characters like Netero
Which calculations?
And I already addressed the “exceeds” argument in a previous reply

One moment

I doesnt see anything
The argument is essentially that it’s being portrayed to be comparable to the speed of sound, not “Dozens of times faster!” If there had already been many hypersonic + feats prior inverse. There’s also the argument to be made for Viz Officiality

The same type of statement is used in these verses, and yet they are at speed levels extremely above the statement

Netero for exemple is described as "Above the speed of sound" at his prime. But Old Netero is 1000 times the speed of sound via calcs. It's the same thing in Jujutsu.

The "Above" is not specified. It can be 2, 3, 183919 times the speed of sound, what is needed are feats to discover

Last edited:
The same type of quote is used in these verses, and yet they are at speed levels extremely above the statement

Netero for exemple is described as "Above the speed of sound" at his prime.But even though he is old he is considered to be more than 1000 times the speed of sound via calcs
Ok. This doesn’t matter, because you haven’t present any calcs outside the maki one which I’ve already contested, and given that Viz has publication rights, we should take their translation, unless it totally strays from the meaning, which in this case it does not.

The same type of quote is used in these verses, and yet they are at speed levels extremely above the statement

Netero for exemple is described as "Above the speed of sound" at his prime.But even though he is old he is considered to be more than 1000 times the speed of sound via calcs
Also whatever happened to not wanting to argue??? If you have a problem with it, wait until you’re ready.

Just know that I disagree with this and consider it stupid
Also whatever happened to not wanting to argue??? If you have a problem with it, wait until you’re ready.
Argue is write an elaborate text, explaining why this ideia affects 300 verses on the site is saying the obvious

Just know that I disagree with this and consider it stupid

Argue is write an elaborate text, explaining why it affects Another 300 verses on the site is saying the obvious
You can disagree. That’s fine. I’ve already addressed why it wouldn’t affect other verses

If the raw says "exceed the speed of sound" than that just means it's the closest relevant natural phenomena to compare the speed to. I mean that's why Mach is used as a unit. A presumption that this feat has to have a marginal difference at best to mach 1 would be a pretty big assumption. I'd be pretty reasonable to say it'd be between lightning and sound speed since those are two commonly used natural scales of speed but even then we can't really prove what Gege had in mind so all we know is that it's > mach 1. If there are multiple calcs that are consistent with hypersonic+ I don't see a huge issue.

I mean someone like Lee can go from supersonic and having sound be a threat to him, to someone moving at high hypersonic speeds from taking his weights off. So even if the attack was speed of sound in raw, I don't think one statement would go against several feats.

If the raw says "exceed the speed of sound" than that just means it's the closest relevant natural phenomena to compare the speed to. I mean that's why Mach is used as a unit. A presumption that this feat has to have a marginal difference at best to mach 1 would be a pretty big assumption. I'd be pretty reasonable to say it'd be between lightning and sound speed since those are two commonly used natural scales of speed but even then we can't really prove what Gege had in mind so all we know is that it's > mach 1. If there are multiple calcs that are consistent with hypersonic+ I don't see a huge issue.

I mean someone like Lee can go from supersonic and having sound be a threat to him, to someone moving at high hypersonic speeds from taking his weights off. So even if the attack was speed of sound in raw, I don't think one statement would go against several feats.
Those haven’t been provided to me.

I mean, anything higher than Mach 1.1 is considered to be "supersonic" or can be said to "exced the speed of sound". Same thing with a FTL statement. "He surpass the speed of light" and has a MFTL calc. Still consistent I guess.

Those haven’t been provided to me.
I mean either way if the raw says "exceeds the speed of sound" then it technically just means > mach 1. If the result was like relativistic or light speed then I think it would def need more questioning but 2 dozen mach or thereabouts it's really a huge difference and fits right into the confines of the description.

That’s not what the viz says. And I’ve already made the argument as to why it’s being compared moreso the speed of sound. And if we have choso scaling far above maki, it doesn’t make sense for the feat to scale, especially considering we mai had rubber bullets at goodwill

I mean either way if the raw says "exceeds the speed of sound" then it technically just means > mach 1. If the result was like relativistic or light speed then I think it would def need more questioning but 2 dozen mach or thereabouts it's really a huge difference and fits right into the confines of the description.
I think the viz translation (the official one) is the one that should be used, due to the fact that reached, which doesn’t necessarily contradict exceed, is more of a direct comparison to the speed of sound, and DOZENS of times is a big difference when choso scales far higher over maki

The Raws say that it exceeds the speed of sound. RAWS > Viz.

Also wasn't the bullet Maki deflected there actually a real bullet in that feat? Like Mai specifically used her ability there to make a bullet (useless Mai, Miwa is better than you smh).

Well first Viz said supersonic speed (compared with sound)
And the speed also reduces with distance so yes I obvious agree with the OP

The Raws say that it exceeds the speed of sound. RAWS > Viz.

Also wasn't the bullet Maki deflected there actually a real bullet in that feat? Like Mai specifically used her ability there to make a bullet (useless Mai, Miwa is better than you smh).
No. Because Gege gave viz the rights to publish their work and their interpretation of their work. Plus, the raw version isn’t contradictory to the viz, but the viz moreso implies that it’s “reached” or is relative/just above the speed of sound, which is still far below Mach 27. There’s nothing to suggest it’s actually a real bullet, all we know is that she brings rubber bullets with her to the event. The other argument is that the students were not ordered to kill any student except for yuji so using a real bullet doesn’t make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back