• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about upcoming advertisements in this forum

My friend told me that he has changed the Adsense settings so dating ads should be blocked now, and asked our system manager to remove the double ads, and change the placements of some of them so they turn less intrusive. The last part has not been done yet though.

I think that there will currently still be 3 or 4 advertisements per page though, but if the rest of you find that unacceptable, the number will later be reduced to 2 ads per page for logged in members.

My friend told me that he has changed the Adsense settings so dating ads should be blocked now, and asked our system manager to remove the double ads, and change the placements of some of them so they turn less intrusive. The last part has not been done yet though.

I think that there will currently still be 3 or 4 advertisements per page though, but if the rest of you find that unacceptable, the number will later be reduced to 2 ads per page for logged in members.
As long as they don't clog up the screen 4 ads is totally fine.

4 is fine, I just believe that the one between the last message of the thread and the message box should go below the message box.

I didn't read the whole message, but thank you. That should help out quite a lot.

Maybe Firefox uses Adblock Pro or uBlock Origin as standard features nowadays?

Ah, I played around in my settings a bit and it seems to be because I have set my tracking protection options set to "strict".
This isn't usually intended to block ads, and usually doesn't do so, but I suppose there are exceptions.

So, it looks like they've removed the ad after the last post in a thread. The one after the OP still remains, so it does look like they're working on it.

So, it looks like they've removed the ad after the last post in a thread. The one after the OP still remains, so it does look like they're working on it.
What was the best suggestion for where to place that advertisement instead above?

Firefox does have built-in adblock for advertisements it deems "intrusive," or a privacy concern.
The reason it is blocking the ads here is because they're tracking you.
For example, I've gotten a few ads which refer to my specific location. This is something Firefox automatically blocks.

Below the message box preferably. Having one at the very top of the page, one below the comment box, and another at the very bottom is okay in my opinion, just having any ads that are in the thread itself are intrusive.
Okay. I will mention that then.
Firefox does have built-in adblock for advertisements it deems "intrusive," or a privacy concern.
The reason it is blocking the ads here is because they're tracking you.
For example, I've gotten a few ads which refer to my specific location. This is something Firefox automatically blocks.
Okay. These are just regular Google advertisements, but Google does obviously have a history of systematic tracking/surveillance. My apologies about that, but there isn't anything that I can do about it.

Dunno if this was clarified already but what about users who uses ad block (like me)? Should we disable it or not?

Dunno if this was clarified already but what about users who uses ad block (like me)? Should we disable it or not?
Well, it depends on if you find it endurable to have a few advertisements per page or not.

I can't make this shit up. Look at the ad I just got on my Alerts page.

20210928_231354.jpg

unknown.png

I aint complaining but why the nsfw ads showing up now?
I mean, that's just women's clothing which isn't necessarily NSFW. Granted, it is women's underwear which is a bit inappropriate if you're not a woman.

Still, I think the ads should just be media related like: Anime, Gaming, T.V and movies seeing as that's primarily what this site is related to.

Now I'm getting shirts with animal faces on them.

ngl, there's one where it looks like a squirrel is climbing your shirt before turning and chucking deuces to whoever sees it, and it's kind of cool.

Hmm. It seems hard to filter out everything then. My friend is also constantly very busy with work IRL, so he doesn't have much time to micromanage the advertisements settings. Meaning that this could take a while.

It looks like not all of the NSFW stuff was removed. Pretty much all of the ads I got were normal stuff, and then I got... this.
Screenshot_20210930-110042_Chrome.jpg

From what I've seen, it's some explicit game where you shoot a watergun at girls wearing provocative clothes...?
Weird stuff all around.

Back