• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about our recent forum server move

No what I experienced was different from that. It was similar to what ant experienced, I already know normal users wait around 18 seconds between posts but that’s not what it was.

Edit: to be fair, if only ant is experiencing this right now and no one else, it could be an issue on his end, specifically his ISP
Mind doing a video recording because I seems to not understand what you are trying to establish.

No what I experienced was different from that. It was similar to what ant experienced, I already know normal users wait around 18 seconds between posts but that’s not what it was.

Edit: to be fair, if only ant is experiencing this right now and no one else, it could be an issue on his end, specifically his ISP
But then why was it not a problem for me before our recent forum server move?

I don't where to post this . Umm, i am in a huge trouble here, i was dum when i set my username on fandom when I first created, so i thought of changing my username name on fandom, and i did but for some reason i happen to get blocked on vsbw wiki.
Screenshot_2023-10-07-22-10-24-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I am in a very tight situation rn, can anyone help me plz.

Your account is not blocked as far as I can see. You likely just use an IP address that has been blocled by Fandom right now.
1000049907.jpg

Yes. Your IP address probably changed.

Anyway, your account usernames need to be the same here and in our wiki. Is it fine if I update your forum username now?

Can somebody please elaborate/explain further regarding the problem here? I am very distracted by other work and real world duties right now. 🙏

Can somebody please elaborate/explain further regarding the problem here? I am very distracted by other work and real world duties right now. 🙏
Before the first forum move, threads were linked on the wiki using the form [[Thread:X|<TEXT>]]. After the forum move, all the threads were renumbered and changed to the format [[vsforum:threads/Y|TEXT]], with the old numbers redirecting to the new ones using the format [[vsforum:vsbattles/X|TEXT]]. The forum move seems to have broken this functionality.

Before the first forum move, threads were linked on the wiki using the form [[Thread:X|<TEXT>]]. After the forum move, all the threads were renumbered and changed to the format [[vsforum:threads/Y|TEXT]], with the old numbers redirecting to the new ones using the format [[vsforum:vsbattles/X|TEXT]]. The forum move seems to have broken this functionality.
Can confirm. Although for me the issue doesn’t appear on iOS, only Windows.

Oh, that is definitely not good at all. 🙁

I will immediately inform our forums system manager about this problem. 🙏

I need to test the bug myself to evaluate it properly.

Today would be worst option, so I will try it tomorrow.

In case someone don't know, I am from middle Europe. (timezone difference)

Ya, but what you listed (the two links) are both redirects. The former is invalid, and the latter is the valid one.

Based on? The latter already exist. Why is it important to have two redirects?

I would greatly appreciate solutions to this problem, as it isn't good at all if all of our wiki's links to versus threads from before our forum move late in 2020 stop working.

You first need to explain this problem in a manner that is much easier for him to understand.

Okay so... the search engine has broken.

When you search anything with any specification at all, it just comes up with nothing. Before, it worked like a charm, now, you can't even look for threads in your own profile

I have already informed our system administrator about this problem, and I think that it is likely caused by our server cache being gradually automatically updated after the switch to 40 posts per page in discussion threads.

The problems were caused by him rebuilding our server's cache, as I had guessed.

However, it would be very helpful if our community can help him to check if everything seems to be in working order as well, now that he has finished. 🙏

Last edited:
Back