• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding our recent increase in advertisements

That more or less already happened in 2022. We experienced a good amount of support for the Patreon, but it isn't enough to prevent the large uptick in ads. If I had more to give, I would.

We will not migrate to Discord, but we do need quick help from the people who actually see the advertisements, both via mobile phones and desktop or tablet, as they need to take screenshots images of where and how the advertisements are being too intrusive, and then show and explain to us here.

We need more information to work with in order to improve the situation for all of you.

Ya it is my point as well, it's only if we got no alternative and this is the in the worst-case scenario.

So are any of you willing to help us out here with some analysis of our current ad placements please?

Going to say that demonizing people for using adblock is not the move.

On that note, maybe putting something on the main page (not an announcement) that shows whatever funds the site needs to stay up for the month would help, for as obtrusive as its been received by end users, see every time Wikipedia runs a donation drive.

Last edited:
We have already highlighted this thread near the top of our main forum page, and we are very likely not allowed to do so in our main wiki page.

Okay. I would greatly appreciate quick help from other members here as well.

I am quite confident that Xenforo possesses the capability to deter users from utilizing ad-blockers. My intent in mentioning this is not to exert pressure on users but rather to counsel them that circumventing advertisements goes against the fundamental purpose intended by the owner.

I used my Firebox browser and then visited the forums as a guest; there were about 9 ads in total and only a single video ad pop-up. You also receive an ad pop-up ad when clicking on pages as a guest though I'm not one hundred percent sure about other users since I was visiting the forums in a guest mode. The ad quantity doesn't seem to change after proceeding to another page, hence, with that said; a blue name user without an adblocker should receive up to 10 ads per click and one of them should be a video. We get far more active guests than users on a usual basis, so if they don't have an adblocker, the activity of all average active users and guests could potentially preserve our forums. Though, it's just my analysis since I'm unsure how much we actually get funded with advertisements.

Actually that's a great point, I can report from a different browser. Good idea.

Thank you for the information. Our forum system administrator just told me the following:

"Logged in users should see better ad placements now and they are very limited now.

For logged out, we are trying to set a mid goal, not max usage of ads."

I hope that you are all satisfied with this solution.

I want to make a complaint. I looked at the amount of checkboxes I would have to uncheck if I want to remove permissions for targeted ads, and I had to deselect 232 boxes and there's no option to choose "remove all".
I will mention it. Thank you for the information. 🙏

I received a reply from our forum system manager:

"Something built in coming directly from the Ad provider. I think this is because users must know what they are rejecting. I will ask them about this."

I will mention it to our forum system manager. I hope that he will be able to fix the problem. 🙏

Ads have gotten to the point you can't even see most of the wiki now, others have experienced similar problems plus even on desktop mode I've personally experienced lag while others have had other problems. I really hope this gets resolved soon, so I'm not forced to use ad block browsers again.

Can't view it saying I have no access. is it a private file in drive?

I will send another message to our forum system manager.

I apologise for the problems. 🙏

As others pointed out, ads on mobile are annoying - more than on PC. This is from @BlackeJan:

IMG_0029.png

The forum is unusable like this.

Last edited:
Our system manager has told me that he will remove the large ads for mobile users and fix other problems with our advertisements after he receives a go-ahead from the owner of this forum, and I asked the forum owner to talk with him, but the latter has been extremely busy lately.

Our forum system manager has now begun to replace our temporary badly functioning advertisement provider with another one that seems to work considerably better, and he has also included a feature that hopefully automatically sifts away all forms of immoral advertisements.

If this will bring us sufficient revenue combined with our new word censor settings, he will also switch to a faster server host for our forum.

Also, if anybody still encounters serious problems with advertisements, especially via mobile phones, please mention it here, so our forum system manager can hopefull fix the problems.

If this will bring us sufficient revenue combined with our new word censor settings, he will also switch to a faster server host for our forum.
And I was asking myself why the sudden slow response, it was not my internet connection after all. Thanks for the information.

lfIaOJY.png

Signed into my account, obviously with Patreon benefits (I presume?), I was getting ads earlier. I left the page and came back again to see if it happened again, sure did.

Yes, our system manager told me that he has not had the time to deactivate advertisements for everybody with a staff or supporter badge yet, but will handle it soon.

Back