• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Information about upcoming advertisements in this forum

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Hello.

I just want to inform our members regarding that currently the running costs for this site are covered by my entrepeneur friend, but in order to financially support it in the long run, so the forum can sustain itself, we will have to start to host advertisements soon.

Nothing has been set in stone regarding exactly how this will be applied yet, but we will most likely begin to show advertisements sometime in January.

Last edited:

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Which sources will we accept advertisements from? And... will that affect any position of views in here?
Basically the most important thing to concern.
Like, will the sponsors be just happy to post periodic banners in our this forum and nothing more? Or will they start to "give opinions" on how the site and other profiles stand?

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
We will just use regular large and clean automatic advertisement services, and that's it. They will not make demands regarding our statistics.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I have been told that we will only use highly respectable sources, and if people have legitimate complaints, I will tell the people in charge of this about it, so there are adjustments.

Colonel_Krukov

VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Thread Moderator
Content Moderator
Image Helper
I'm curious to know how the adds are going to be placed. If they're just adds that don't overlap with the forum, that'll be okay, I just don't want things being metaphorically shoved in my face.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, it will be a bit distracting, but that is unavoidable. We have to get the forum to go around financially.

No, this thread is sponsored by Blue Apen, providing food for VS debaters.

I supprort for the decision. I can understand it.

Last edited:

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Now, this is interesting, because I literally had a different forum I'm on go through the process of introducing ads with most people accepting it. This is before the ads became a very huge annoyance to many people, especially because it got in the way of certain important features, and it was eventually agreed to be removed entirely.

Still, I hope the ads can be handled here better than they were over there.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Yes, and if there are any problems, we will have to tell Community Hired to adjust them according to our specifications.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
We have been told a suggestion that after enabling the advertisements, our members could have an option to pay a very small monthly fee to get rid of them.

We have already made clear that the advertisements should be from respectable sources and not so intrusive that they hamper our usual forum discussions.

However, for people who are easily bothered by ads, want them gone for a totally ad-free experience, or want to support the forum in a small way, they can use the aforementioned option of contributing a very small monthly amount.

Please note that this is merely a suggestion as of yet and nothing has been decided, so we would appreciate some constructive feedback.

Also, we do not want advertisements either, but we need to include them in order for the forum to survive in the long run, and ultimately I am not the one who am in a position to take this decision.

If anybody has some more good suggestions for how this forum can sustain its running costs, and Community Hired can cover their expenses for all of the great amount of work that they did when setting it up, they are encouraged to share them.

Last edited:
I'm just going to mention that Adblock could affect the usability of this, so some measure to punish it would be a good idea.
Don't worry, I'm immune to those measures anyways via the more obscure Pop-up Blocker

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I have been told that the people in charge of this are not sure how they will deal with advertisement blockers yet.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Hello.

I have received some new information.

In preparation for monetising the forum via ads, we need to change the number of posts from 100 to 50 per page soon.

In addition, we will likely get a GoFundMe donation button as soon as possible, so non-members who appreciate our work will be able to contribute.

I have also been told that the ads will be family-friendly, safe, non-political, and with no pop-up windows.

No political ad, no pop-up windows, good. I agree with DDM's view above:
Yeah, it's most appropriate if most of our adds consist of new video games, movies, cartoons, ect. But stuff like food product adds aren't bad either.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I have mentioned DDM's suggestion to one of the people in charge of this.