• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about our recent forum server move

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

As you have probably noticed, our forum has often been extremely laggy recently, due to that its activity is getting closer to maximum capacity.

To do something about this, our forum system administrator has been preparing to move our forum to a new and considerably higher capacity server for some time, which we are now able to afford thanks to finally getting our advertisement system seemingly properly in order with a better provider and Google not strangling our revenue due to pages with swear words (since they are now automatically filtered/hidden/censored).

Anyway, later today, likely around 8 to 9 hours from now, he will begin to transfer our forum to the new and better server, which will likely make it inaccessible for 1 to 2 hours, just so most of you are prepared that this will happen, and do not start to worry.

That is all for now. Please take care of yourselves. 🙂🙏💖

Last edited:
Hello.

As you have probably noticed, our forum has often been extremely laggy recently, due to that its activity is getting closer to maximum capacity.

To do something about this, our forum system administrator has been preparing to move our forum to a new and considerably higher capacity server for some time, which we are now able to afford thanks to finally getting our advertisement system seemingly properly in order with a better provider and Google not strangling our revenue due to pages with swear words (since they are now filtered).

Anyway, later today, likely around 8 to 9 hours from now, he will begin to transfer our forum to the new and better server, which will likely make it inaccessible for 1 to 2 hours, just so most of you are prepared that this will happen, and do not start to worry.

That is all for now. Please take care of yourselves. 🙂🙏💖
Which swear words are currently censored?

Lots of them that were automatically listed as causes for strangling our advertisement revenue. Google seems to be really picky about that kind of thing, but let's not derail here please.

That seems extremely unlikely. Our forum will just be hosted by another, more high-capacity, server.

which will likely make it inaccessible for 1 to 2 hours
Average vsb user be like:
c96508923879853168fa1cdca268ad4093b97431b81ee0796b487c5dc1ca6da5.jpg

our forum system administrator has been preparing to move our forum to a new and considerably higher capacity server for some time, which we are now able to afford thanks to finally getting our advertisement system seemingly properly in order with a better provider and Google not strangling our revenue due to pages with swear words (since they are now automatically filtered/hidden/censored).
How much more does this new server cost by comparison (I don't need exact numbers.) and how sustainable is the upkeep?

Sometimes I spent like 2 minutes f5'ing through a 404 error page on everything, but ig it wasn't just my sh* hardware(s)

Anyway, 3 things (1 sentences and 2 nice questions):
-big w for us : )

-am I the only one who usually doesn't use (and like) emojis but find cute/wholesome/nice+++++ seeing Ant using it? Idk I think I like everything this guys does taking care of us

-Ant, will the link(s) still be the same (I wish to still bump some threads, will that be possible)?

How much more does this new server cost by comparison (I don't need exact numbers.) and how sustainable is the upkeep?
I would rather not mention the costs in public, but I will ask our forum system manager about the upkeep.

-am I the only one who usually doesn't use (and like) emojis but find cute/wholesome/nice+++++ seeing Ant using it? Idk I think I like everything this guys does taking care of us
Thank you, and no problem. 🙂🙏
-Ant, will the link(s) still be the same (I wish to still bump some threads, will that be possible)?
Yes. It would be extremely strange otherwise.

So Joined dates will be erased right? Everyone gets October, 3 2023 as a joined date like last time?
What? No. That also seems strange. We will just get a new and better server to process all of the traffic to this forum.

Back