• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about our recent forum server move

Hey I just noticed, instead of getting e-mail notification of my following thread, i am getting push-notification , is this also new addition?

He told me that it is to compensate for that our automated email notifications are not working properly yet, so this is a more modern alternative.

You can all also easily disable them via your personal user settings:

1000049781.png

Hello.

A personal request please.

I currently have a major problem that does not seem to affect most other members.

Whenever I make a new post in our public forum I have to wait between 27 and 55 seconds until our forum finishes processing the request, which is incredibly frustrating for me given my sheer extreme workload and that it severely interrupts my work flow.

However, I do not seem to have this problem when posting private messages, on forum message walls, or when I simply edit a preexisting forum post.

Our forum system manager has as of yet been unable to find the reason or reasons for this, and I did not experience these problems when I temporarily logged in and posted with a test account earlier today.

Do any of you currently experience similar problems or have any advice for what we can do to solve the issue please? Any useful help would be extremely appreciated.

🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏

Hello.

I currently have a major problem that does not seem to affect most other members.

Whenever I make a new post in our public forum I have to wait between 27 and 55 seconds until our forum finishes processing the request, which is incredibly frustrating for me given my sheer extreme workload and that it severely interrupts my work flow.

However, I do not seem to have this problem when posting private messages, on forum message walls, or when I simply edit a preexisting forum post.

Our forum system manager has as of yet been unable to find the reason or reasons for this, and I did not experience these problems when I temporarily logged in and posted with a test account earlier today.

Do any of you currently experience similar problems or have any advice for what we can do to solve the issue please? Any useful help would be extremely appreciated.

🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
@ImmortalDread

For me it is 23 seconds delay. (it should be 25 seconds default) which is a complete normal delay (to prevent spam).

55 seconds.... I need to do some tests on why it's occurring.

For me it is 23 seconds delay. (it should be 25 seconds default) which is a complete normal delay (to prevent spam).

55 seconds.... I need to do some tests on why it's occurring.
The posts were near instant when I used the test account to post in its sandbox.

Hello.

🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
does the forum have a system to mark spammy accounts? you could be throttled because of that, i know thats how it works on reddit at least.

Well, I do have the greatest amount of posts in this forum of course, so I thought something similar earlier, but our forum system manager could not find any displayed information about this.

Do you know any technical information about my problem here, or where and how we can best inquire about it, @ImmortalDread ?

The posts were near instant when I used the test account to post in its sandbox.
Really? For everyone here, 25 seconds is a default delay.
Do you know any technical information about my problem here, or where and how we can best inquire about it, @ImmortalDread ?
Well, hearing that you experienced near-instant, delay-free time between posts, it seems there were options for the role you had to be whitelisted from the delay.

I will check where you can enable this when I am at my PC

Okay. Thanks a lot for your help. 🙏

Click the following symbol please:

[ ]

That should solve your problem.

Okay. Thank you for the information. 🙏

I am using Dark Mode since the creation, never occurred any significant slowing since the migration.
Yes. Our forum system administrator also told me that he has not npticed any problem with this.

I found the solution @Antvasima, but I am required to know if it is only you as individual or AKM and DT as well.
I do not know honestly. AKM and especially DontTalk are not responding regularly to my Discord messages to them.

But I will ask again. 🙏

Hello.

🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
🙏
I had a similar issue when I tried to make that long Q/A post about dimensionality, but I swept it under the rug as merely latency delay. Any reason to believe it could be anything else?

I had a similar issue when I tried to make that long Q/A post about dimensionality, but I swept it under the rug as merely latency delay. Any reason to believe it could be anything else?
It happens consistently to me every single time I try to post in public discussion threads, but not when I do so in private discussions or via personal forum message walls.

You should have delay between posts as a regular user. It is not an issue, it is a global setting.

And I don't think we really should consider deactivating it as it would result in spams.

Hello.

This is a community notice that yesterday our forum system manager had to rebuild the code of our notification bell plugin to fix a problem with a recent update to it, which caused the notification alerts for our members to be automatically marked as read.

Please use the following page to keep track of unread messages in the meantime:

The discussion titles in bold text contain unread messages

I greatly apologise for the inconvenience. 🙏

Last edited:
You should have delay between posts as a regular user. It is not an issue, it is a global setting.

And I don't think we really should consider deactivating it as it would result in spams.
No what I experienced was different from that. It was similar to what ant experienced, I already know normal users wait around 18 seconds between posts but that’s not what it was.

Edit: to be fair, if only ant is experiencing this right now and no one else, it could be an issue on his end, specifically his ISP

Back