• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Speed Saint seiya Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't mean anything when Requiem literally has Seiya needing to reach the 9th Sense to move Faster Than Light. Like, I'm not saying we should downgrade everything to under lightspeed, but it's pretty clear that Okada does not see the 9th Sense as an infinite increase in speed.
While he does say GS can’t move FTL, this isn’t consistent with the fact that that Golds literally react to ”Light speed” attacks all the time, and thus would be ftl by that. His statements are just dumb, that’s all

The authors intention are not the sole source for scaling either way, that’s the whole premise of death of the author. It’s why we can even have Mftl+ GS, despite statements of SoL. The same can be said for Infinite speed gods.

Again, how is this infinite speed? Doesn't seem to make much sense, the counterarguments are right above, and the same premise was refuted once
If by “right above” you mean your arguments about the androids, the speed statistics of the androids, mean nothing in a thread about an entirely different franchise, with different statements, feats, and energy system.

Okada also writes the kanji for Infinite during the Shura scene. It literally has the most common way of writing infinite (無限) there’s plenty of other ways to write infinite in Japanese and yet Okada uses the most common way in this scene to clearly empathize what he meant. Stop this tomfoolery

Wow no wonder there's confusion! The English scans are changing the script to wank!

In chapter 17 of Episode G Requiem, where the feat happens, Shura says that he needs to go faster than the Speed of Light to counter the "Infinite Fists". To do so he activates the 9th Sense and explicitly mentions Tachyons to move faster than light. The English Translation removes the mention of Tachyons and just refers to it as "Super Light Speed".

So now people are thinking that a FTL Anti-Feat is Infinite Speed.

I’m aware that shura said he needed to go FTL. It’s in my first message of the thread. I’m saying that despite this, it’s not FTL Due to the stuff I said before

Wow no wonder there's confusion! The English scans are changing the script to wank!

In chapter 17 of Episode G Requiem, where the feat happens, Shura says that he needs to go faster than the Speed of Light to counter the "Infinite Fists". To do so he activates the 9th Sense and explicitly mentions Tachyons to move faster than light. The English Translation removes the mention of Tachyons and just refers to it as "Super Light Speed".

exactly, and in the BR translation here the attack literally written as has no end, as if it were many attacks and nothing infinite.

This has been a problem for a while. Which is why it's taking me time to make blogs as I'm getting native Japanese speaking guys to help me verify what a scan says.

This issue exists in every language actually. BR, Spanish, Italian, French etc

Then the Br translation would be wrong. As the most common translation of the words used is infinite.

I do admit a ton of GA scans specifically can be pretty wanked the way they were translated.

pc.jpg

Here's the RAW.

This has been a problem for a while. Which is why it's taking me time to make blogs as I'm getting native Japanese speaking guys to help me verify what a scan says.

This issue exists in every language actually. BR, Spanish, Italian, French etc
I think this here should be closed and have the scans translated, there are several bad translations, this should not be accepted without a good quality translation.

Since Bontes feat and the stuff regarding that is a big part of the discussion can we address the raws? It’s mentioned twice that Bontes can create infinite attacks.

Once by Seiya here

And later by Shura here

Okda wrote the main Kanji for infinite(無限)

and could’ve written something like innumerable which would’ve been just a large amount of attacks but he clearly wrote infinite. Arguing that Okada didn’t mean infinite is rather stubborn especially when it’s blatantly written.

Like I said, I already knows he says it’s a FTL movement, but 1, that doesn’t make sense. If he can’t intercept “infinite fists” at SoL, then why would moving at somewhat faster speeds help any substantial amounts. And 2, we should know by now that speed statements in ss are always gonna be SoL, or vaguely ftl becuase of authorial intent. And it’s despite this that we have Mftl+ characters.

And finally, I understand you are all disagreeing on the premise of Shura going at infinite speeds, but I’m pretty sure the infinite cosmos stuff I had at the start of the thread is fairly solid, and is indeed the big chunk of the argument. And no, whatbouttisms are not a decent rebuttal.

there are several bad translations, this should not be accepted without a good quality translation.
Several? There was an omission in 1 scan so far. And this omission didn’t even change the meaning of the scan. Everybody who reads can clearly tell shura was talking about surpassing light speed. This isn’t remotely grounds to close the whole crt. Especially when the scan isn’t even critical to the crt.

Putting the word “Infinite” into Jisho shows you many many ways of writing the word, with the top one (無限) being the most common also the one uses by Okada in both instances. And doing so on other Japanese dictionaries does the exact same thing. So I ABSOLUTELY do not want to hear the hyperbole argument or the “He just meant a lot of attacks!” Argument at all its very clear what’s being shown. This also isn’t the full argument and only part of it so do not think responding to this is responding to ever scan brought up in this thread

Several? There was an omission in 1 scan so far. And this omission didn’t even change the meaning of the scan. Everybody who reads can clearly tell shura was talking about surpassing light speed. This isn’t remotely grounds to close the whole crt. Especially when the scan isn’t even critical to the crt.
this infinite cosmos thing doesn't work either, why did Seiya and several other characters who expanded his infinite cosmos get blitzed? it's the same thing as infinity¹+

Are you under some impression that nobody can be faster than infinite speed chars in Fiction?. If you really want an answer as to why Seiya got blitzed, it’s because he’s slower, irregardless of how fast you scale him.

Let's just have a human translator translate the Raws, that would determine if the "Infinite cosmos" statements are legit or not.

We have. The arguments Against the thread are claiming that it’s hyperbolic, not that it is an incorrect translation.
edit- oh infinite cosmos. Well nvm

There is different levels of infinite speed which can be speed scale chained
yes, yes, but are we going to wipe out a character who speedblitzed a possible infinite attack? (which are actually many attacks, where there is no way to translate) part of the manga refutes that the cosmos of infinite speed, it only takes a miracle to reach the speed of light and nothing else, more than that is a jerk, Shura himself is proof of this, where he had to exceed the speed of light to supposedly dodge an "infinite" attack and with infinite cosmos, as infinite is nothing more than a steroid for SS characters to achieve super light speed.

The Japanese text where the "Infinite cosmos" statements comes from and possibly the others. I know someone used DeepL, but it might be best if a human translator looked at it.

I agree "Faster than Light" is not an anti-feat but Infinite distance within a finite amount of time is still Infinite speed, but perhaps it rests on someone who can translate Japanese to English.

yes, yes, but are we going to wipe out a character who speedblitzed a possible infinite attack?
Yeah that’s totally within the realm of possibility, if that happens in the manga. Not that anybody has blitzed the shura who did this yet.

The Japanese text where the "Infinite cosmos" statements comes from and possibly the others. I know someone used DeepL, but it might be best if a human translator looked at it.

I agree "Faster than Light" is not an anti-feat but Infinite distance within a finite amount of time is still Infinite speed, but perhaps it rests on someone who can translate Japanese to English.
I’ve provided a translation for the DeepL translator someone reliable who helps translate manga from Japanese to English. That scan is regarding how Cosmo is closely linked to all your stats speed strength hax etc.

As for the the infinite attacks and distance part, both instances are shown to have the kanji for infinite something I addressed pretty recently.

yes, yes, but are we going to wipe out a character who speedblitzed a possible infinite attack? (which are actually many attacks, where there is no way to translate) part of the manga refutes that the cosmos of infinite speed, it only takes a miracle to reach the speed of light and nothing else, more than that is a jerk, Shura himself is proof of this, where he had to exceed the speed of light to supposedly dodge an "infinite" attack and with infinite cosmos, as infinite is nothing more than a steroid for SS characters to achieve super light speed.
I'm not actually sure you've read saint seiya if you're saying achieving light speed requires a miracle, it's the most casual feat done in the verse

I'm not actually sure you've read saint seiya if you're saying achieving light speed requires a miracle, it's the most casual feat done in the verse
I'm saying that surpassing the speed of light requires a miracle and not that they have to achieve a miracle to be of light.

Putting the word “Infinite” into Jisho shows you many many ways of writing the word, with the top one (無限) being the most common also the one uses by Okada in both instances. And doing so on other Japanese dictionaries does the exact same thing. So I ABSOLUTELY do not want to hear the hyperbole argument or the “He just meant a lot of attacks!” Argument at all its very clear what’s being shown. This also isn’t the full argument and only part of it so do not think responding to this is responding to ever scan brought up in this thread

Here’s part of it

Miracles aren’t automatically infinite cosmos, they vary immensely depending on what situation the guy receiving a miracle is in.
I'm saying that surpassing the speed of light requires a miracle and not that they have to achieve a miracle to be of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back