• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Speed Saint seiya Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe saint seiya God tiers should be Mftl+, but rather infinite speed. Here’s why.

In Saint Seiya:Next Dimension, Saori describes the process of obtaining a god cloth as such. “ It is only revealed after it receives the goddess‘s blood and when the saint wearing it manages to burn his Cosmo to the infinite.“ Here, the Goddess of wisdom herself claims a God cloth requires Infinite cosmos in order to even obtain.
IMG_3500.png

Hades in Dark Wings, Along with Kronos in episode G are also said to possess infinite Cosmo. This shows that it is very consistent for god tier characters to have infinite cosmos. Hades has it. Kronos has it. The 5 god cloth protagonists have it. All Gods on their level would therefore have this.
IMG_3502.png
IMG_3505.webp

Here, it is described that an increase in cosmos, or burning it more, is directly linked to an increase in stats. Strength, speed, and even psychic ability all increase as cosmos does. And while it’s unknown how much cosmos increases speed, any increase no matter how small or large, done infinite times, will result in a total increase of infinity.
1B4FE470-AA1B-40D3-B979-63EA7A702E4C.jpg
IMG_3499.png
BBC7DD38-7315-4F84-8933-7D8AD99D1228.jpg

In addition, in Saint seiya episode g requiem, there is a character named Brontes, who possesses two attacks important to the topic here. “Infinite crimson way of light”, and “Infinite powerful fists”. Both names are incredibly literal. The first fires off crimson beams of energy that are stated to have “Multiplied Infinitely!” By seiya. This shows that Brontes has the literal capabilities to fire attacks infinitely, and this is not some naming fallacy.
IMG_3503.jpg

The second is thought to cause ”infinite and continuous attacks in all directions“ by shura. Shura then goes on to intercept all of these fists, Which notably fill the panels completely, by activating his 9th sense, granting him the power of a god, and allowing him to surpass the speed of light by some unknown amount. However, there is little reason to say this is only a ftl feat, as the context clearly contradicts this. Infinite speed is faster then light anyways.
IMG_3494.jpg
IMG_3495.jpg
IMG_3504.jpg

For further context, those with the 9th sense are basically gods, and far surpass 7th sense gold Saints in speed, gold Saints who are mftl+. So the statement doesn’t make any sense in the context of simple Ftl speeds.This is an infinite speed feat, where Shura intercepts infinite attacks.

In conclusion, God tiers such as God cloth seiya, 9th sense shura, and those who scale should be scaling to infinite speed. This due to having infinite cosmos, which would grant infinite speed, and because a character can perform infinite speed feats by using godly powers.

Agree: AlexZiggy, RizeXX, AnimesFreak, Tarta, Deathlems, Rabbit, TheUnshakeable, Maverick, kool, DarkDragon, TurtleGod, Gogeta, Toby, Lancelot, DarkGrath (15)

Disagree:Matthew (1)

Neutral: CrabWhale (1)

Last edited:
Obviously agree, there’s a couple of things I wanna add in just for consistency.

Guidebooks describe Seiya as “helpless” against Aiolia and his light speed, but once his Cosmo increased he was able to catch the trajectory. Showing speed and Cosmo relation.

In G, it’s directly stated that more you burn it via desire to fight the more potent it becomes. Showing strength and ap is tied with burning Cosmo.

In the Cosmo special it’s directly said that the hax abilities from the saints also happen because they burn Cosmo. Showing Cosmo and hax relation.

Aren't there some also supporting feats like some dude in Saint Seiya Omega moving in a time stopped Universe and such?

Aren't there some also supporting feats like some dude in Saint Seiya Omega moving in a time stopped Universe and such?
As explained above, that’s anime canon only, and I’m pretty sure it’s just resistance to time manip. Although it’s pretty damn good time resist for the god tiers

For what is worth, IMHO this seem pretty straightforward. Even without statements the Bronze Saints commonly managed to turn fights around by making their Cosmo burn more intensely. Infinite Speed also seems pretty straightforward.

Gotta say, it's pretty dope how badass Shura is in all the spinoffs.

Okay so prove it? Debunk every statement in the thread with your own scans lol. You can’t disagree and not give a good reason lol
I disagree for the same reasons that the golden ones take the speed of light blitz during the work, and the bronzeboys themselves have to overcome the speed of light via miracles, they don't have infinite speed because of the cosmos, Poseidon is described even if his energy will swallow the universe, should I consider saint seiya's infinite universe as well?

I disagree for the same reasons that the golden ones take the speed of light blitz during the work, and the bronzeboys themselves have to overcome the speed of light via miracles, they don't have infinite speed because of the cosmos, Poseidon is described even if his energy will swallow the universe, should I consider saint seiya's infinite universe as well?
I think you are misunderstanding. Gold Saints dont scale to this. Bronzes don’t scale to this. At least, not normally. Also, you do realize it’s quite impossible for 7th sense users to be exactly light speed? Think for a second about the logistics of trying to shoot someone with projectiles that move as fast as they run 💀 even dodging things like lightning plasma is a Ftl feat so that debunks SoL golds.

I think you are misunderstanding. Gold Saints dont scale to this. Bronzes don’t scale to this. At least, not normally. Also, you do realize it’s quite impossible for 7th sense users to be exactly light speed? Think for a second about the logistics of trying to shoot someone with projectiles that move as fast as they run 💀 even dodging things like lightning plasma is a Ftl feat so that debunks SoL golds.
If that doesn't scale to canonical verse I agree, as long as it only applies to EP G, where it was shown to have been done.

Yes, we could also show seiya blitzing Mach 16 lol

I got it wrong, I thought it was about the golden ones, my Google translator translated it as golden lol

Episode G stuff is considered canon to the classic right now Toby. so if it scales to episode G Gods, it has to scale to classic gods. Also, a lot of my evidence is not from episode G. I’ve used many classic and next dimension scans, and dark wings.

Literal word garbage, are you gonna debunk the scans in the post+what I posted? You disagreed with the op but never addressed any points. So either, respond to every scan Stek posted with your own because you disagreed and burden of proof is on you. Or simply stay neutral you’re adding absolutely nothing to the discussion and simply disagreeing.

I should also note, the current final edition of the classic series also supports the idea of cosmo being closely tied with your stats. Meaning Kuru in current times thought it to be fine with his current view of the classic series.

This does not scale to Gold Saints yes, so using them in any way to debunk the OP is fallacious. Aswell, Episode G is currently accepted as part of the same canon as classic and Next Dimension. If you disagree you need to make a CRT to seperate the two.

This does not scale to Gold Saints yes, so using them in any way to debunk the OP is fallacious. Aswell, Episode G is currently accepted as part of the same canon as classic and Next Dimension. If you disagree you need to make a CRT to seperate the two.
Coming soon to theaters near you a canoncity blog to do exactly just that

Literal word garbage, are you gonna debunk the scans in the post+what I posted? You disagreed with the op but never addressed any points. So either, respond to every scan Stek posted with your own because you disagreed and burden of proof is on you. Or simply stay neutral you’re adding absolutely nothing to the discussion and simply disagreeing.
Could you show a little respect and not be too arrogant?

Could you show a little respect and not be too arrogant?
No one’s being arrogant you’re just sensitive, so are you actually gonna address the op+it’s supporting evidence or?????

I have nothing against you boss man, I just want more than “I disagree sounds hyperbole” 👍🏽

You should put quote boxes around the pictures to make it a little bit easier to read

do
[ - Quote]
insert picture here
[- - /qoute]

without the hyphen and spaces inside the brackets

Since the main crux of the argument is the UES relationship between Speed, AP, SS, and Durability with Cosmo and infinite Cosmo boost should give infinite speed

This should also apply to miracles which grants infinite cosmo

anyways, I agree with infinite speed here, but there is other examples of infinite speed feats within the series that don't need the UES relationship to support it.

No one’s being arrogant you’re just sensitive, so are you actually gonna address the op+it’s supporting evidence or?????

I have nothing against you boss man, I just want more than “I disagree sounds hyperbole” 👍🏽
He was disagreeing because of a misunderstanding that happened. he thought this included gold saints but it doesn't

from what i saw in his above replies

If that doesn't scale to canonical verse I agree, as long as it only applies to EP G, where it was shown to have been done.

Yes, we could also show seiya blitzing Mach 16 lol

I got it wrong, I thought it was about the golden ones, my Google translator translated it as golden lol
So, do you agree or disagree

For further context, those with the 9th sense are basically gods, and far surpass 7th sense gold Saints in speed, gold Saints who are mftl+. So the statement doesn’t make any sense in the context of simple Ftl speeds.This is an infinite speed feat, where Shura intercepts infinite attacks.

in conclusion, God tiers such as God cloth seiya, 9th sense shura, and those who scale should be scaling to infinite speed.
The 9th sense does not exist in several of the series you name at the beginning of the topic. In Dark Wing, Saint Seiya, Next Dimension, Saintia Sho, The Lost Canvas, Rirese of Poseidon and any other series of this franchise, that sense does not exist, and only the 8th sense exists as the ultimate sense and a power that the gods do not master, because the gods in this franchise do not need to master any sense to acquire their powers and even the Specter and Marinas do not master any sense.

As for speed, it has been discussed before and it has been concluded that there is no evidence that the attack had infinite speed.

As for the power scale or power multiplications they do not work that way, Hades may have infinite cosmos, but this does not mean that his speed was infinite, for example Hyoga's temperature does not become infinitely colder than absolute zero, even when he acquired infinite cosmos with the God Cloth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back