• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Speed Saint seiya Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the word “Infinite” into Jisho shows you many many ways of writing the word, with the top one (無限) being the most common also the one uses by Okada in both instances. And doing so on other Japanese dictionaries does the exact same thing. So I ABSOLUTELY do not want to hear the hyperbole argument or the “He just meant a lot of attacks!” Argument at all its very clear what’s being shown. This also isn’t the full argument and only part of it so do not think responding to this is responding to ever scan brought up in this thread

“The attacks is referring to being a lot to dodge” @Toby020 stop using the same lame trash argument I’ve addressed why it’s infinite. If this was Dragon ball I guarantee you would’ve agreed it’s infinite.

Like, if I’m saying that a horse moved faster then a human, and someone else specifies how much faster, the second guy isn’t wrong.

also, I’m sorry if I didn’t make this clearer, I was asking if you had a rebuttal for my argument that infinite cosmos would lead to infinite stats.
It's ok, brother, but I think it should scale to a more plausible feat than this one, it doesn't make much sense to use this one, the context in other translations is different, about the cosmos being infinite indeed is True, but it's just an asteroid for a miracle that surpasses the speed of light

Let's use Poseidon as a base, he has a claim to swallow the whole universe with his cosmos (according to you 9th sense of the infinite tier and infinite speed), 9th sense was never presented in the main work, so we should disregard any means of infinite speed for canon, I agree with a probably infinite speed with episode G, but it should not mix with canon, the work Canon doesn't work the same .

Now let's go to Poseidon who would swallow the universe with his cosmos, should also assume that Saint Seiya's universe is infinite? Even because the verse only has a base for 2-C, as I'm going to believe that this scales the canon verse?that this scales the canon verse?

“The attacks is referring to being a lot to dodge” @Toby020 stop using the same lame trash argument I’ve addressed why it’s infinite. If this was Dragon ball I guarantee you would’ve agreed it’s infinite.
Translation is wrong, we should get an official translation to use as a base.

Now let's go to Poseidon who would swallow the universe with his cosmos, should also assume that Saint Seiya's universe is infinite?
This would only mean Poseidon can quickly envelop the universe. It wouldn’t have anything to do with the universes size.

Translation is wrong, we should get an official translation to use as a base.
Prove it’s wrong, there’s more evidence leaning to it being correct. So I’ll wait for adequate evidence but considering your main arguments consisting solely of “Sounds hyperbole” garbage I really doubt you will. Even staff seemingly agree it says infinite

If Dragon Ball were following the Same Thing you wouldn't be this Desperate. ☠️
I certainly disregard it, in Dragon Ball there are quotes like that and I'm not even jerking off, the problem is that an Ss fan doesn't read the whole context and already interpret it as everything literal.

I certainly disregard it, in Dragon Ball there are quotes like that and I'm not even jerking off, the problem is that an Ss fan doesn't read the whole context and already interpret it as everything literal.
don't generalise the whole fanbase, I haven't even agreed/disagreed with he thread yet, I just think your arguments are awful.

I’m surprised this thread has gone as long as it has, considering the overwhelming agrees. I can only imagine how long the thread for the big changes will be for the verse
you should have been there for the low 2-C upgrade thread

I’m surprised this thread has gone as long as it has, considering the overwhelming agrees. I can only imagine how long the thread for the big changes will be for the verse
You could just tally up the votes. I think I was initially against but I'm sticking to neutral now. Feel like I don't know enough here to swing either side.

You could just tally up the votes. I think I was initially against but I'm sticking to neutral now. Feel like I don't know enough here to swing either side.
Probably something like this.

Agree: AlexZiggy, RizeXX, AnimesFreak, Tarta, Deathlems, Rabbit, TheUnshakeable, Maverick, kool, DarkDragon, TurtleGod, Gogeta, Toby (13)

Disagree:Lancelot, Alonik, Matthew(3)

Neutral: Crabwhale (1)

Why exactly are you bumping? By my estimates, you've got enough votes, yes?

I trust Matthew's sense of judgement regarding this verse. If the text has been inaccurately translated, we should not use the false translations, and preferably also call our members who are able to read Japanese to evaluate the raw scans properly.

I trust Matthew's sense of judgement regarding this verse. If the text has been inaccurately translated, we should not use the false translations, and preferably also call our members who are able to read Japanese to evaluate the raw scans properly.
I think it makes sense, can you call on some of the team members to give their opinion as well?

Ant, the incorrect translation was from a very specific mention of Faster then light,
Shura says that he needs to go faster than the Speed of Light to counter the "Infinite Fists". To do so he activates the 9th Sense and explicitly mentions Tachyons to move faster than light. The English Translation removes the mention of Tachyons and just refers to it as "Super Light Speed".
To the exact same thing, but without the mention of tachyons. However, everyone knows that Shura is going faster than light, because he literally says he needs to Move faster than light speed. While yes it’s incorrectly translated, this translation removes literally 0 important information from the scan.
Everybody, will agree with me, on the subject of tachyons themselves not being important here. Even Matt. Because it’s a one time mention in order to drive home that he is surpassing light speed, when we already know that’s what he is doing.

Honestly, there was infinite speed feats that were excluded in the OP in this thread. Its possible the OP wasn't aware of them.

What other feats are there?
The verse has a 2-A Cosmology and Hades UW is accepted ont he wiki as its own Space-time continuum (3 at minium), therefore any feats of cross-universal stuff is a infinite speed feat

Thanatos sensing poseidon sending the gold cloths
Poseidon sending the gold cloths
Eris feats of other world stuff with the UW
etc

The verse has a 2-A Cosmology and Hades UW is accepted ont he wiki as its own Space-time continuum (3 at minium), therefore any feats of cross-universal stuff is a infinite speed feat

Thanatos sensing poseidon sending the gold cloths
Poseidon sending the gold cloths
Eris feats of other world stuff with the UW
etc
IIRC Physically traversing space-times via movement is Immeasurable, if there is proof it was done via pure speed.

I see. But then, Winged Seiya,Hyoga,and Ikki would be that fast in travel speed too. I guess those states don’t really matter tho, they only had it for like, half a chapter.

I see. But then, Winged Seiya,Hyoga,and Ikki would be that fast in travel speed too. I guess those states don’t really matter tho, they only had it for like, half a chapter.
Well if you consider the SDS and its unique properties. it would make sense but it would only before those keys

Traveling to other universes/timelines is not Immeasurable. However, there as been a case by case analysis where traveling through an infinite number of universes is infinite. If they physically traveled to each and every single universe one by one within a finite amount of time, that's like an even better Infinite speed. It was also agreed that traveling from Universe A to Universe B doesn't quite equate to traveling to the edge of the universe so simply traveling to other universes isn't quite infinite either unless it's that example I mentioned. Though, "Traveling through infinite cosmos" would also equate to traveling infinite distance within a finite amount of time.

Also, we have human translators who translated the raws to get the infinite speed statements, so they aren't fake translations. The only counter argument I can see is if the feats are outliers which I'm not going to debate. But I personally still leans towards Infinite being fine.

Traveling to other universes/timelines is not Immeasurable. However, there as been a case by case analysis where traveling through an infinite number of universes is infinite. If they physically traveled to each and every single universe one by one within a finite amount of time, that's like an even better Infinite speed. It was also agreed that traveling from Universe A to Universe B doesn't quite equate to traveling to the edge of the universe so simply traveling to other universes isn't quite infinite either unless it's that example I mentioned. Though, "Traveling through infinite cosmos" would also equate to traveling infinite distance within a finite amount of time.

Also, we have human translators who translated the raws to get the infinite speed statements, so they aren't fake translations. The only counter argument I can see is if the feats are outliers which I'm not going to debate. But I personally still leans towards Infinite being fine.
The examples i mentioned it explicitly shows physcially traveling through the worlds. through several actually without the use of any portals

it wasn't physically it was gold armor lol
The gold armors were physically transported across such distances. It would only be not “physically” in this context if they were teleported, or dimensional hax were used, or something like that. Poseidon basically threw the gold cloths like baseballs except with his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back