• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All that says is that both combatants will use their one shots right off the bat. If anything, this looks inconclusive.

Literally stated my reason above. No one before Redgrave wanted to answer my question, so I assumed what I knew about Goku. Now that you tell me he starts off with sealing, both of them one-shot from the beginning.

Based on how this thread will go, I may or may not change my vote.

Sir Ovens said:
If no one wants to answer the question, I'm going go assume in character Goku is going to fight physically, as we've never seen him do anything else unless he really had to.

Jotaro on the other hand won't hesitate to just overwrite him. Once he knows he's outclassed, he'll erase Goku.
Xeno Goku has been shown to start off fights with Ki blasts repeatedly almost to the point its his main way of starting a fight

Jotaro voters answer me this.

What exactly stops Goku from casting his dimension and slowing Jotaro down, sealing him or punching him to death.

He can wish the nullification away and even if he stops time, Goku resists it.

Its a no brainer to me to see how Goku wins.

DMUA said:
If he uses Shenron mode, he'll find out just how outclassed he is in reality warping capabilities, and in fact get reverse reality warped into nothingness.

Goku can slow him down? Jotaro can bring him and the entirety of time to a halt.

Goku can seal him? Not if the Mafuba no longer exists.
Goku has resistance to his timestop

His sealing is not mafuba

Not good enough resistance for Jotaro's capabilities.

Marco Shark said:
What exactly stops Goku from casting his dimension and slowing Jotaro down, sealing him or punching him to death.

Being in character.

No he can't. 2-B reality warping doesn't beat 2-A.

@Brown

A. This is now irrelevant thanks to Blue revealing the Towa feat

B. Timestop with no power source >/> timestop with power source range or no

C. Because he's done so repeatedly and Xeno Goku is shown to be more pragmatic

D. Reasonbly Holding Back =/= Ridiculous Nerf

I could find more of the former than thw later in both Heroes and Canon

> Goku vs Nappa

> Goku vs Ginyu Force

> Goku vs Demigra

> Goku and Beat vs Chamel

> Goku vs Gohan and Goten

And much more

Name one moment where he ever held back to such a ridiculous amount, he holds back to not kill his opponent not simply because its fun and even then he'll accidently one shot Jotaro

"Name one moment where he ever held back to such a ridiculous amount, he holds back to not kill his opponent not simply because its fun and even then he'll accidently one shot Jotaro"

>Goku vs Roshi

>Goku vs Krillin

>Goku vs Ganos

>Goku vs Frost

DMUA said:
Not good enough resistance for Jotaro's capabilities.
Jotaro has Universal range and an unknown potency(Since barely anyone resists it even Jotaro barely)....so?

Goku resisted timestop that was across the multiverse

And about that Jotaro has no resistance to counter reality warping, he can still get reality warped by Goku

Everyone is missing the point that it doesn't matter what Goku has in his arsenal, if he doesn't use it right off the bat, he's not touching someone who does use hax right off the bat.

It's like Reinhard can end almost every match with the spear, but he doesn't throw it right off the bat.

Xeno Goku literally one shots the moment the first starts.

Have you been reading the thread?

Maybe you are just too overheated to understand, Sir Oven.

He is a glass cannon with High 8-C durability. So if Goku can find a way to get around his hax then he would one-shot.

PaChi2 said:
"Name one moment where he ever held back to such a ridiculous amount, he holds back to not kill his opponent not simply because its fun and even then he'll accidently one shot Jotaro"

>Goku vs Roshi

>Goku vs Krillin

>Goku vs Ganos

>Goku vs Frost
So that warrants him lowering himself a whole 6 tiers? Plus all of those were either in a tournament or a restriction of some sort

>Goku vs Roshi: Did not want to Hurt Roshi

>Goku vs Krillin:Tournament Recruitment

>Goku vs Ganos:Tournament Fight and has to reserve stamina

>Goku vs Frost:Supposedly Friendly Tournament Fight

Goku literally one shots.

Once he slows time down (Mind that Jotaro only has resistance to time stop, not all time manipulation.

Then Goku throws little ki blasts or seals jotaro.

Sir Ovens said:
Everyone is missing the point that it doesn't matter what Goku has in his arsenal, if he doesn't use it right off the bat, he's not touching someone who does use hax right off the bat.

It's like Reinhard can end almost every match with the spear, but he doesn't throw it right off the bat.
He starts off with ki blasts in plently of his appearances, most he doesn't have to

You guys are missing the point. Goku in character does not go for the kill unless he has a reason to. Jotaro can't give less of a care if he does kill someone, a fight is a fight.

So one person with a high sense of respect for martial arts and a fair fight is going against someone who would beat up a man begging for his life.

Jotaro's fists will touch Goku. Unless someone wants to tell me Goku starts off with hax and has the evidence to back it up, my point is not invalid.

How? Xeno Goku starts off with Ki blasts more often than just charging in with a physical attack most of the time

Combine it with IT(which he has used multiple times against Beerus, Copy Vegeta, and Demigra)

He one shots

Marco Shark said:
Jotaro voters answer me this.

Because Goku never opens up with quick finishing moves such as that, nor does he make a wish for immunity to whatever ability he's up against right off the bat like he's a vs battle commenter with meta knowledge of his opponent. As for punching, again, in character he's not going to start off right off the bat hitting with full force unless he's specifically stated to be bloodlusted/going for the kill immeditly, he's going to spar it out for "fun" and esclate as the enemy does, by which time Jorato realises his standard punches aren't gonna do jack and switches to timestop and/or reality override. Jotaro in character doesn't job or fight for the thrill of it, he's a smart fighter that aims to end things as fast as possible, once he realises he's severly outclassed he's gonna amp it up, Goku on the other hand has no reason to go all out innitially on a human that doesn't hit much harder than he did as a teenager.

Goku's never dealt with something on the scale or power of halting all motion in the universe. Hit's abilities are based on his own power, and as clearly shown, when someone's stronger than him at that moment, they can ignore it, not because they're "faster than time" but because they're stronger than Hit. One activly requires the user's energy to trap people, the other is simply halting one of the universes fundimental forces without any further imput, and the only workaround shown is to have access to similar universal scale time/gravity altering powers. Or to break it down further, Hit has to activly restrict the movement of gears to stop time, Jorato just removes the gears outright for several seconds.

And even, EVEN if we were to say that he can indeed resist any form of timestop for no other reason than "it shares the same name, therefore it's applications are universal", remember that key word, resist, that doesn't mean he's outright immune to it, he'll still be frozen for a couple of seconds, more than long enouh for Jorato to get a reality overide hit in.

Ki blasts are not hax. Besides, Jotaro can just erase them as they come towards him. Hell, canon Jotaro could punch away knives being thrown at him within stopped time at all angles.

And if you say that he seals right off the bat as Redgrave mentioned, then it is a whomever hit first wins situation, in which case is going to be inconclusive.

You're free to believe that Goku wins. But I'm free to believe Jotaro wins. Unless my points are invalid, my vote still counts.

At this point, I may just not vote at all.

>Goku vs Roshi: Did not want to Hurt Roshi

...? That's the point of holding back? He had fun fighting Roshi but had to finish it because time running out. He fought Roshi, when he could have knocked him down right away (which was the sensible thing in the situation), like, say, Whis with Beerus. And Im not voting here, btw.

SirBrownBear said:
<div class= Because Goku never opens up with quick finishing moves such as that, nor does he make a wish for immunity to whatever ability he's up against right off the bat like he's a vs battle commenter with meta knowledge of his opponent. As for punching, again, in character he's not going to start off right off the bat hitting with full force unless he's specifically stated to be bloodlusted/going for the kill immeditly, he's going to spar it out for "fun" and esclate as the enemy does, by which time Jorato realises his standard punches aren't gonna do jack and switches to timestop and/or reality override. Jotaro in character doesn't job or fight for the thrill of it, he's a smart fighter that aims to end things as fast as possible, once he realises he's severly outclassed he's gonna amp it up, Goku on the other hand has no reason to go all out innitially on a human that doesn't hit much harder than he did as a teenager.

Goku's never dealt with something on the scale or power of halting all motion in the universe. Hit's abilities are based on his own power, and as clearly shown, when someone's stronger than him at that moment, they can ignore it, not because they're "faster than time" but because they're stronger than Hit. One activly requires the user's energy to trap people, the other is simply halting one of the universes fundimental forces without any further imput, and the only workaround shown is to have access to similar universal scale time/gravity altering powers.

And even, EVEN if we were to say that he can indeed resist any form of timestop for no other reason than "it shares the same name, therefore it's applications are universal", remember that key word, resist, that doesn't mean he's outright immune to it, he'll still be frozen for a couple of seconds, more than long enouh for Jorato to get a reality overide hit in.
So you're going to completely ignore the Towa stoping the multiverse feat?

Plus you're whole argument is based on whether Goku will fight normally or nerf himself, you forget this XENO Goku

Xeno Goku fights at the most pragmatic level and has not been shown otherwise

Vs Demigra: Uses base to SSJ

Vs Cell X and Gravy: Immediately jumps to SSJ3

Vs Broly Dark: Immediately jumps to SSJ4

Vs himself: Immediately jumps to SSJ4

He's not going to nerf himself to hell for fun.

And so you're trying to say even though Goku notices Jotaro's buffs amd has a way to counter it, he's not going to use it because he doesn't know what it is? What?

Hst master said:
So you're going to completely ignore the Towa stoping the multiverse feat?

Plus you're whole argument is based on whether Goku will fight normally or nerf himself, you forget this XENO Goku

Xeno Goku fights at the most pragmatic level and has not been shown otherwise

Vs Demigra: Uses base to SSJ

Vs Cell X and Gravy: Immediately jumps to SSJ3

Vs Broly Dark: Immediately jumps to SSJ4

Vs himself: Immediately jumps to SSJ4

He's not going to nerf himself to hell for fun.

And so you're trying to say even though Goku notices Jotaro's buffs amd has a way to counter it, he's not going to use it because he doesn't know what it is? What?
Or maybe I started writing that before that post was made/I noticed, you know what they say about assuming. Anyways, I hear mentions, but no evidence of said feat, so I'll need some sources.

Again, that's his character, regardless of what itteration it is, unless he already knows what he's up against from previous fights or is player controlled. And notice how all those enemies weren't a normal looking human teenager lacking an explosion of ki, it's almost as if they're already powered up and he'd have no reason to start out weaker to match/test them.

Jotaro doesn't have some power up moment, aura flash, or transformation to indicate he's activating a power, he just decides to use it, there's no bells or whistles, so there's no way Goku would know reality overide is about to be used, nor timestop (until it's over with).

So Goku goes full power immediately.

Will he use hax immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back