• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permanent timestop + Overwrite.

I don't see Goku doing anything here.

Not sure it's the case. Jotaro gained and surpassed Dio's power so I'm not sure if that would be the case.

Jotaro needs to hit to use reality overwrite and his profile says that his time stop is about 5 seconds

Question is: Is Goku's resistance to Time Stop high enough?

Both can essentially one shot the other

We never know if Jotaro's time stop goes to the lengths of TWOH, just that he has the Reality Overwrite capabilities.

It depends on who strikes first, so I guess it's who's more likely to strike first?

Considering that he eventually overpowered TWOH, I'd think it's safe to say he could do it for an equivalent amount of time.

Because.... He obtained and surpassed Dio's power. So he should have abilities like perpetual timestop.

Arigarmy said:
He never surpassed all of his powers, just Reality Overwrite by overwriting Dio's Reality Overwrite.
Why do I feel like this sentence is broken?

I'm not voting at the moment until we get some mirco-argumments set up, but I'll follow this and search for some battle music because I'm making sure all threads have battle music.

Star Platinum touches Goku and writes him out of existence.

See how easy that is?

They both literally breathe and one shot each other. I'm going inconclusive.

Yeah but I mean if he resists he can:

Shoot a ki blast

Use his power pole

Use Shenron Mode and shoot a Dragon Kamehameha or just get a Wish

Dragon Fist

Or basically any long range attack

The thing I'm stuck on is will he be able to resist SPOH's time stop

Yes but

>punch pole pole stops existing

>punch kamehameha kamehameha stops existing

Just because he can only use his fists to rewrite doesn't mean he can't use it defensively like that.

Any projectile Goku sends would get neged.

Goku gets up close and Jotaro can overwrite him.

Voting Jotaro.

@Arigarmy

Coupling with IT spam?(Which he does in character)

All it would take is one hit, as soon as Goku sees him neg an attack he'd essentially jump to this

My guy you just said the problem relies on Goku resisting the Time Stop or not, would there even be time to jump to anything else.

IF he can resist the time stop? Then yes considering he'd be able to move freely.

The thing Im concerned about is, is SPOH's TS good enough in the 1st place?

It's surpassed the timestop of a guy who could timestop Jotaro, who resists timestop.

In their profiles(both Game and Canon) it says they have minor resistance for being able think and see within the timestops and moving briefly for Jotaro

Well, according to the profiles of every single character that can use Time Stop in the verse, yeah, Time Stop in JoJo is in fact universal in range.

Jotaro wins via a much, MUCH more potent and powerful timestop than Goku's ever tackled and reality overide punches. Saying Goku negates Jotaro's (universal spanning mind you) timestop because he resisted Hit's much weaker (in both power and range) version of timestop is like saying anyone that could live through Kid Goku's beam blasts can survive any version after cause they're all the same "beam attack".

In character Goku is going to start out the fight fighting for the sport of it, for fun, so there's no "blitz instantly" or "IT behind Jotaro and superultrakahamahama point blank" he'll start small to match his opponent and build it up over time when needed. In character Jotaro's not gonna duke it out to have fun, however, he's gonna end the fight as quick as he can, so after he figures out normal blows won't cut it he'll resort to timestop and/or override to put Goku down, who wouldn't have a need to leave base form against (hax aside) would be a standard star platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back