• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Passives: Chariot Requiem vs Xeno Goku (GRACE)

would he still able to keep his abilities? because i think he absorbed god chi into his soul in BoG
Various after effects include being put into a passive state where you don't do anything because you're losing your mind, having your soul fused and your body distorted and becoming a new creature entirely, your mind fused with something else, your mind slowly corroding and losing your sense of self, etc.

The soul swap isn't the issue, it's the fact you slowly become something else and lose who you are.

Various after effects include being put into a passive state where you don't do anything because you're losing your mind, having your soul fused and your body distorted and becoming a new creature entirely, your mind fused with something else, your mind slowly corroding and losing your sense of self, etc.

The soul swap isn't the issue, it's the fact you slowly become something else and lose who you are.
The mind hax resistance will help with that

The mind hax resistance will help with that
Not all mind hax res helps with the same thing, resisting say, mind hax from someone like Mewtwo or Xavier wouldn't help with mind hax that rewrites the brain physically for example. And vice versa.

What is Goku's mind hax res derived from? And does it cover the mind hax that Chariot causes?

Not all mind hax res helps with the same thing, resisting say, mind hax from someone like Mewtwo or Xavier wouldn't help with mind hax that rewrites the brain physically for example. And vice versa.

What is Goku's mind hax res derived from? And does it cover the mind hax that Chariot causes?
i think chariots "mind hax" is actually memory manipulation

His mind hax resistance comes from demigra trying to mind hax him and demigra mind haxed an timeline

i think chariots "mind hax" is actually memory manipulation
It isn't, not even remotely.
His mind hax resistance comes from demigra trying to mind hax him and demigra mind haxed an timeline
I'm not asking for potency, I'm asking what his mind hax res actually covers. Someone can have a mind hax res that is in the noctillions, but get mind haxed by simply having their brain rewritten physically, by a dude who takes ten hours to just do one person at a time, simply because the res doesn't help against the method done.

I'm gonna switch back to incon then since Goku's too close, but I think it might be possible to ki blast as he's falling asleep though

What he means I think that you just resisting a type of mind hax won't help you vs other uses like for example Character X resist to being mind controlled but he won't resist having Character Y rewrite his memories.

More saying that while the end results tend to be similar, lots of mind hax are very, very different mechanically.
Chariot's mind hax is done by, fusing the souls and minds together with "something else" (this even effects the biology of the target, effectively overwriting earth's billions of years of evolution), it isn't run of the mill, the mechanics behind it are a bit weird.

If I had to compare, it's like when Goku and Vegeta fuse, they become one being, though in this case, it's less beneficial and more downright detrimental.

I'm not asking for potency, I'm asking what his mind hax res actually covers. Someone can have a mind hax res that is in the noctillions, but get mind haxed by simply having their brain rewritten physically, by a dude who takes ten hours to just do one person at a time, simply because the res doesn't help against the method done.
i dont see no types. im confused as hell

i dont see no types. im confused as hell
Just common sense, it's why sometimes characters can get things like "unconventional resistance", mechanics behind abilities don't always have to be the same, and the same goes for resistances.
Mind Hax is notably, if not the most notable, example of an ability potentially having like a billion different methods behind it. Chariot's mechanics are more rooted in soul hax, but someone like Mewtwo is more psychic and conventional or someone like Ragyo is more physical.

Chariot's mind hax is a byproduct of fusionism and soul hax in this instance. Not a conventional method.

Just common sense, it's why sometimes characters can get things like "unconventional resistance", mechanics behind abilities don't always have to be the same, and the same goes for resistances.
Mind Hax is notably, if not the most notable, example of an ability potentially having like a billion different methods behind it. Chariot's mechanics are more rooted in soul hax, but someone like Mewtwo is more psychic and conventional or someone like Ragyo is more physical.
damn then idk

Chariot's mind hax is a byproduct of fusionism and soul hax in this instance. Not a conventional method.
Demigra mind haxes via magic so it's I guess psychic based but the resistance being 4d should give him some leverage

Demigra mind haxes via magic so it's I guess psychic based but the resistance being 4d should give him some leverage
Not really so sure on that, I mean, if Goku doesn't keep his mind 100% intact when he becomes someone like Vegito, it wouldn't be any different here.

Chariot's "mind" hax comes from the fact that Goku's soul is being "replaced" with "something else", fused together, into some weird monster abomination, taking away his sense of self, and the like, because his sense of self basically got overwritten with the soul of another being.

It effects Goku's mind via fusionism and soul hax. Goku doesn't need mind hax resistance here to resist it, he'd be better off having soul res (would honestly shut down 99% of what Requiem can do) or fusionism (would also stop this at the source entirely as the very reason the biomanip and mind manip happens is due to the fusionism).

Really shouldn't be saying "incon fra" when we still don't know how Goku would deal with the after effects I mentioned.

Well.... It's seems like this will remain as Incon FRA

Back