• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alakabamm said:
@DontTalk
Do you think that if we figured out how far August moved (from at least camera distance away from Ajeel to within a certain camera distance in the next panel) and used the time the lightning would take to hit Ajeel (just 1000m/the speed for consistency sake), would that constitute a good way to find the new speed?
As KaenDragneel123 said he didn't really move. The whole one couldn't see him in one scene and in the next one could is also usually a bad assumption, as he could have stood anywhere not in the Field of view. So for example just slightly right of it etc.

To that comes the whole question about the lightning speed being consistent. Usually it isn't assumed that attacks or characters always move at the same speed in battle. Or in other words calc stacking is a problem here, if we don't reason that laxus lightning in those cases is actualy real natural lightning.

there have been situations where laxus created lightning explosions before yet no one claimed it to be cloud-to-ground lightninc because there were nothing to indicate a cloud was present. no one attempted a calc for it. why this feat no is different is beyond me to be honest

DontTalk said:
Alakabamm said:
@DontTalk
Do you think that if we figured out how far August moved (from at least camera distance away from Ajeel to within a certain camera distance in the next panel) and used the time the lightning would take to hit Ajeel (just 1000m/the speed for consistency sake), would that constitute a good way to find the new speed?
As KaenDragneel123 said he didn't really move. The whole one couldn't see him in one scene and in the next one could is also usually a bad assumption, as he could have stood anywhere not in the Field of view. So for example just slightly right of it etc.
To that comes the whole question about the lightning speed being consistent. Usually it isn't assumed that attacks or characters always move at the same speed in battle. Or in other words calc stacking is a problem here, if we don't reason that laxus lightning in those cases is actualy real natural lightning.
If that's the case then the only thing this feat scales to is Laxus' own attack speed.

It's basically moot.

@Alakabamm and DontTalk Okay, so should we close this thread then?

Well, if nothing else about this feat has to be discussed or someone has well reasoned objections, we can close it.

RavenSupreme said:
Alakabamm said:
Raven, I have already addressed the majority of those points and not received a response. I will not respond to the old arguments any further and let my words speak for themself.
However, if you are asking about whether or not the August feat came from the clouds, we do not know that but the similar reactions of Ajeel and Wahl seem to imply that it was at quite the same speed.
can you pinpoint me to or give me a quick overview how you have adressed these points? especially if or if not the attack originated from a cloud or not is actually all what is necessary to move a lot further in the discussion
its not clear wheter the august feat came from a cloud or not. and i have the same doubt here. also there is no link between a facial reaction/expression and a quantifiable speed to me
Here's a summary of what I have said thus far:

Does Laxus lightning sometimes come from the clouds? Yes, this , this , and the feat that was calc'ed all show lightning bolts leading up the sky. One was scaled to imply the cloud must have been at least 800m up. That's pretty far for a single blast to reach up towards, especially considering Natsu's flames don't do that.

Is there proof that the bolt August "reacted" to was the same speed? Yes, first, it is possible that this bolt came from a cloud as well considering that the bolt also seems to reach into the sky (see my corresponding pic above). Second, both Ajeel and Wahl were unable to react to said bolt fast enough, which implies that it was a very similar attack.

Did August show speed on a comparable level to the bolt? Not at all, he reacted to its formation in the sky (possibly) and stuck up a barrier which is potentially a motionless action.

So it doesn't scale but it looks like a legit calc.

Since this thread is about Laxus attack speed, we can still consider it for that matter. It seems like Raven contests that it can be used for attack speed, so the thread should be kept open until a decision occurs.

Well, we are striving for accuracy, not favouritism.

Shouldn't God Serena be High Hypersonic+ or at least High Hypersonic as he managed to completly crush Warrod with Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed? If we are seeking speed evidences here you got one.

Oh yeah, shouldn't God Serena scale to Warrod now? He is High Hypersonic+

and if God Serena does, then a ton more do.

Massively Hypersonic+ for that is not accepted here, Czuczian

Well i mispelled the mhs+ , i meant hh+, it was because earlier he was stated to be MHS. Anyways HH+ is enough to be powerscaed from, isn't it?

@Czuczian11, depends on if it is travel speed or not.

@LordAizenSama, I can do a calc right here. It's pretty easy. 2,000,000m/180 seconds = 11111.11m/s = Mach 32.4.

So a timespan of 3 minutes gets us a mach value of High Hypersonic.

It was counted as both tavel and attack, because this tree launched without passengers would act as pretty powerfull battering ram

EDIT: Sorry for double post, if it is possible , please mree it with my earlier one

It comes from here originally I believe.

It really is just that travel and attack speed don't scale to combat or reaction speed one gets for easily defeating an oponent (it also isn't the most solid feat).

Alakabamm said:
RavenSupreme said:
Alakabamm said:
Raven, I have already addressed the majority of those points and not received a response. I will not respond to the old arguments any further and let my words speak for themself.
However, if you are asking about whether or not the August feat came from the clouds, we do not know that but the similar reactions of Ajeel and Wahl seem to imply that it was at quite the same speed.
can you pinpoint me to or give me a quick overview how you have adressed these points? especially if or if not the attack originated from a cloud or not is actually all what is necessary to move a lot further in the discussion
its not clear wheter the august feat came from a cloud or not. and i have the same doubt here. also there is no link between a facial reaction/expression and a quantifiable speed to me
Here's a summary of what I have said thus far:
Does Laxus lightning sometimes come from the clouds? Yes, this , this , and the feat that was calc'ed all show lightning bolts leading up the sky. One was scaled to imply the cloud must have been at least 800m up. That's pretty far for a single blast to reach up towards, especially considering Natsu's flames don't do that.

Is there proof that the bolt August "reacted" to was the same speed? Yes, first, it is possible that this bolt came from a cloud as well considering that the bolt also seems to reach into the sky (see my corresponding pic above). Second, both Ajeel and Wahl were unable to react to said bolt fast enough, which implies that it was a very similar attack.

Did August show speed on a comparable level to the bolt? Not at all, he reacted to its formation in the sky (possibly) and stuck up a barrier which is potentially a motionless action.

So it doesn't scale but it looks like a legit calc.
alright thanks for pointing them out. let me give my concerns.

laxus lightning coming from clouds:

only the very first (hades) feat you brought up actually came from a clear visible cloud, making it a cloud-to-ground feat,

the second is the actual feat in contest with no clearance whether the lightning originated from the sky or not. only a blast is visible, it could also be from laxus own body and expelled towards the sky (and then it does not matter how far high it reaches since there is no generally accepted speed value for it), not striking down from it. the fact that there are no actual clouds visible in the entire scene does not help either

the third one (ajeel/august) is hard to quantify but you stated yourself you dont know if its clout-to-ground lightning.

so from the 3 cases shown only 1 is clear depicted as cloud-to-ground. all the other cases can be argued about since there is no visible prove of a cloud around or where the lightning originated from

---

regarding the august stuff - i have never talked about it. the calc is solely about laxus lightning during his fight with whal.

i do not contest how and if anything can scaled to another person. i contest the feat in itself - not because of wrong calculation approach, but because of an assumed valuable (the lightning originated from a cloud)

@Alaka where does the timeframe come from though? From the link DontTalk posted, Ribs Suggested 10 minutes, so it's not really impressive

Thebluedash said:
No idea how this thread is going but Rage asked me to paste this here http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=33963
i will just quote what he said regarding the cloud-to.ground stuff since this is my concern.

"The nature of Laxus' cloud lightning attacks always have clouds as seen when he used clouds in Tenrou. Your argument has been hammered out already in my blog."

thats especially my point

i only remember one instance where laxus lightning came visibly from a cloud. please link some scans except the hades incident where his lightning really originates from a visible cloud on some other cases (there may be a second but i am not sure about it.

Fair points Raven but the feat in which Laxus blasts Wahl stretches wayyyy too far into the sky to be a coincidence. Why wouldn't it just be a blast like his previous one with August? Looks way too similar to a lightning blast for me to believe it was not C-G.

Aizen, I just used the suggested timeframe. I personally don't recall the timeframe that the manga said it was or suggested it was. It may or may not be an unimpressive feat.

Alakabamm said:
Fair points Raven but the feat in which Laxus blasts Wahl stretches wayyyy too far into the sky to be a coincidence. Why wouldn't it just be a blast like his previous one with August? Looks way too similar to a lightning blast for me to believe it was not C-G.
Aizen, I just used the suggested timeframe. I personally don't recall the timeframe that the manga said it was or suggested it was. It may or may not be an unimpressive feat.
but does "looks similar" and "wouldnt it just be a blast like his previous one" (which we are also still uncertain if it really was actual c-g) qualifies enough to give a complete tier upgrade? whenever its not about minor upgrades there has to be as little doubt as possible...and here the doubts are legit.

however i will wait for the actual calculator to present similar c-g lightning feats, as he said "The nature of Laxus' cloud lightning attacks always have clouds " and therefore should be able to link me some more clear panels of prove

if i get presented a couple of legit c-g panels from laxus aside from hades i can accept it and brush it off as mere authors intent even without a visible cloud

is this a fair point?

Alakabamm said:
Actually, the manga didn't give any timeframe at all.

^yep, which is why im wondering why it was even listed as HighHypersonic+ in the first place when the timeframe was suggested to be 10 minutes.

RavenSupreme said:
why is he banned? aside from my concerns it looks like he knows what he was calcing?
I think he started creating sockpuppets when he was banned for the first time. Using sockpuppets gives you a ban here. But i have no idea why his original account was banned to begin with.

RavenSupreme said:
why is he banned? aside from my concerns it looks like he knows what he was calcing?
He plagiarized others calc from Narutforum and wanted to be part of calc team with the plagiarized calc

Banned for various reasons, including:

1) Plagiarization

2) Making three sockpuppets and changing various areas of the wiki (w/o discussion) almost immediately everytime

3) Wanking

Shanks of the red haired pirates We didn't want to block him, he upgraded a lot of Fairy Tail pages without proper reasoning, and plagiarized Iwandesu (not sure) calc and used it to request become a stuff member. After he was caught, he made excuses that he had Iwandesu's (once again, not sure) permission to copy. Wanting to be stuff member with plagiarized calc is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back