• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
At this point you should completely nuke literally like ANYTHING from Undertale and just replace it with just "Magic" at this point, which would be just ridiculous now.

Sans loses bone manipulation, as that's magic, Mettaton loses electricity manipulation, as that's magic, Woshua loses water manipulation, as that's magic, and so on.
That's not how powers and abilities work? In fact it would rather carry the fact these characters have these abilities since abilities are mostly magical.

What I only "nuked" is the lightning speed. The rest can stay, as my proposal shows.

That's not how powers and abilities work? In fact it would rather carry the fact these characters have these abilities since abilities are mostly magical.

What I only "nuked" is the lightning speed. The rest can stay, as my proposal shows.
You're not even being subtle about it, holy damn.

Nah man, you're going to go in account with these contradictions of yours. You're saying that the abilities aren't exact replicas of the real counterparts, so by your logic they wouldn't even qualify as these abilities as they're magic, hence they're not supposed to be comparable to the real thing.

You even said that a bark isn't even sound speed because it's magical in a prior comment, come on.

I don't understand the point of this. Is this a complaint about this Wiki not being strict enough on stuff...?

We don't need standards, we can just use what the verse tells us.
I guess it's because we need instructions or standards, yes.

Nah nah nah you ain't just dodging these two only because "they're not UT", because here the thing is exactly the same: small clouds that appear close to the ground and that shoot lightning.

Plus I'm still using appeal to reality because you're using irl statistics on a retro game.
My apologies, I had not understood the relation between the verses. Maybe I misformulated it so that's why you didn't understand, but it is rather an altitude issue than a "close to ground" issue. For example, montains: lightning-charged clouds can form close to them (aka close to the ground) because they have enough altitude.

Fourth time I am telling you I dismissed the Appeal to Reality, but it seems you didn't read.

I mean the standards were ass back then so huh...

But then again I remember Alien X having a discussion rule after a whole Yo-Yo of upgrades and downgrades in succession.

My apologies, I had not understood the relation between the verses. Maybe I misformulated it so that's why you didn't understand, but it is rather an altitude issue than a "close to ground" issue. For example, montains: lightning-charged clouds can form close to them (aka close to the ground) because they have enough altitude.
You still didn't explain why they fully function as actual clouds despite the low altitude.

Fourth time I am telling you I dismissed the Appeal to Reality, but it seems you didn't read.
I mean, just saying you're not doing it doesn't mean that it's true 🗿. People denying that they're using a fallacy doesn't stop that from happening, even involuntarily.

Nah man, you're going to go in account with these contradictions of yours. You're saying that the abilities aren't exact replicas of the real counterparts, so by your logic they wouldn't even qualify as these abilities as they're magic, hence they're not supposed to be comparable to the real thing.

You even said that a bark isn't even sound speed because it's magical in a prior comment, come on.
... So? That's not because the magical fire one manipulates isn't an exact replica of real fire that they don't have fire manipulation, for example.

We even have a power and ability called "Magic."

As for the bark, I showed you how it was rather an expression from the soul (I forgot my argument but you can scroll up and find it) than an actual bark, which we have no proof to be since we don't see the dog actually barking.

Once again, attacks in Undertale are magical and come from the soul, inspired on the environment around its users.

You still didn't explain why they fully function as actual clouds despite the low altitude
I don't know anything about the verses you gave me as examples so I don't even know about their altitude and stuff. Maybe I will check them if I get interested, but for now I have my eyes locked on Undertale, not Gravity Falls or Pizza Tower.

I mean, just saying you're not doing it doesn't mean that it's true 🗿. People denying that they're using a fallacy doesn't stop that from happening, even involuntarily.
I did not only do that, I also showed you the misconception you made regarding what Appeal to Reality was and refuted it.

I don't know anything about the verses you gave me as examples so I don't even know about their altitude and stuff. Maybe I will check them if I get interested, but for now I have my eyes locked on Undertale, not Gravity Falls or Pizza
Nah you're just being lazy, I've even posted the exact clips which are barely seconds long each, you're just avoiding anything that debunks your rebuttal.

Anyway, a last text as this is getting tiring.

The attacks being magical means literally nothing, as basically the assumptions we usually take is that attacks are assumed to be 1:1 to be on par with irl counterparts unless there are hard anti feats/massive contradictions against such. Like in many RPGs the characters use mana/magic for their elemental attacks, yet we just assume these are 1:1 with the real thing because they're visually displayed as such. Like ice attacks are assumed to behave like that due to them being, you know, ice and freezing stuff, despite these being casted with a spell, or your average fire spell, which is assumed to be actual fire due to it burning stuff and dealing fire damage.

As a result, it just makes sense that attacks, regardless of them being magical or not, would be mostly similar, if not outright the same as the irl versions, as otherwise we'd have to destroy almost every verse in existence with the "but it's not realistic because it comes from a character and it's not stated to 100% follow the properties of the irl thing!", due to their attacks coming from a supernatural source like not just magic, but also ki or whatever other energy system, other than authors also not bothering to write whole paragraphs on why the elemental attacks in question are the same with irl ones, as the goal is not to give a science lesson, but to write a cool elemental attack.

You'd have to give actual reasoning to explain why the magical nature of the attack is against it being like the irl counterpart, as I said, like serious contradictions that totally contradicts the nature of the element (that granted if the character doesn't manipulate the thing), or anti feats, as said above.

This is what I was trying to explain all the time.

I mean the standards were ass back then so huh...
Lightning Standards (2015). Almost the same as today. The topic of UT simply gets revisited throughout the years constantly.

I mean you're going to use only threads from late 2010s as evidence for the topic being spammed and rejected ngl.
To show the age of these arguments.

Alright, do I write something like this?
OK wow, I didn't expect that many threads. Yeah, I'm fine with a discussion thread then.
To show the age of these arguments.
Is the draft ok?

Last edited:
Do we? I mean Mettaton's electricity doesn't behave like it either on screen.
Yeah, that was one of the points in my CRT, that whole “monsters manipulate their magic and hence should be able to shape it in a more effective-combat way like shooting them in danmaku-style”.
I'll think of a way to include it.
Something like “Do not attempt to downgrade it due to the attacks not behaving in movement the way they’re supposed to either, as monsters can manipulate their magic so…” and yada-yada-yada.

Yeah, that was one of the points in my CRT, that whole “monsters manipulate their magic and hence should be able to shape it in a more effective-combat way like shooting them in danmaku-style”.

Something like “Do not attempt to downgrade it due to the attacks not behaving in movement the way they’re supposed to either, as monsters can manipulate their magic so…” and yada-yada-yada.
Tried this.

Last edited:
Isn't the "Monsters in Undertale have showcased to control their magic in order to generate bullet patterns, other than magical attacks having showcased to be comparable to their real-life counterparts" part enough? If not, how'd you edit it?
No, this is fine (although maybe add some examples like Toriel shaping her fire to use them like fireballs), what I meant is that you should just add this (added part in bold):
Do not attempt to downgrade the characters' speeds from their Massively Hypersonic+ ratings based on the argument that Vulkin's lightning attacks aren't as fast as actual lightning due to them seemingly not behaving as such in movement and shape, and monsters' attacks being magic. Monsters in Undertale have showcased to control their magic in order to generate bullet patterns, other than magical attacks having showcased to be comparable to their real-life counterparts, examples being Toriel's fire behaving as such, Papyrus' bones being actual ones, or also Mettaton using electricity from his core thanks to him being a robot, with said electricity also behaving as the real one. Multiple discussions regarding this topic have been made to the point that they've become repetitive and tiresome.
Because having “do not attempt to downgrade because they are not behaving as their irl counter-parts” and “they do behave as their irl counter-parts” at the same time looks bad, which is why I think we should specify that we are talking about movement and shape when talking about “not behaving as they should”. Small change but necessary imo.

No, this is fine (although maybe add some examples like Toriel shaping her fire to use them like fireballs), what I meant is that you should just add this (added part in bold):

Because having “do not attempt to downgrade because they are not behaving as their irl counter-parts” and “they do behave as their irl counter-parts” at the same time looks bad, which is why I think we should specify that we are talking about movement and shape when talking about “not behaving as they should”. Small change but necessary imo.
Ok, thanks. I fixed it.

Back