• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 4: the slow death (aka thread 15)

"Well well, Mr. Boris, I'll be with you shortly ... first I have to get to Miss Destiny's emotional core before the inevitable happens ... the complete nullification of her feelings into a total cosmic mass of soulless emptiness and without empathy "I say.

"Or that or split personality, I don't know much about these things ... I am a psychiatrist not a professor of mumbo jumbo metaphysics"

"You certainly seem to be blowing things out of proportions," she muttered as she rolled her eyes, glancing off into the distance. "Boris is my friend, Koth is my friend, Link is my friend. I have a family but they aren't here now. Boris is the closest thing I have to that."

"Aww, what sweetness, then you are not so soulless ... even if at this moment you have too many"

"And in this regard, why do you have all those souls?"

@ Overlord775, Paul

"Uh la la ... what a delightful throne, a pity that is a bit 'bad with the chair" I say, eyeing the two people while suspended above them.

Paul Frank said:
Eden smiles back
"Well then have fun getting more powerful. Maybe you can use it to regain your lost strength." He says
"I'll try do to later, but first want to try something else.

Also, we could have fun getting stronger togheter if you want."

Marta responds ot Eden

Meanwhile, Lucina has put Marchen in imaginary space and start experienting with it, tring to use a combination of her reactive evo and a bit of conceptual thinkering to make the NP able to be used by her master.

Then, someone [@Faruel] suddenly happears in the throne room.

Marta looks towards him.

"Uhm, hello there, what'cha doing here ?"

He looks like Aranil, but he feels completly different.

Eden sees someone appear above him

He looks exactly like Aranil, although upon closer inspection it seems it isn't him

"You there, who are you?" He asks skeptically

Faruel1998 said:
"Aww, what sweetness, then you are not so soulless ... even if at this moment you have too many"
"And in this regard, why do you have all those souls?"
"Uh...a personal project. Does it matter much to you?"

@ Overlord775, Paul

"Lord Maverik at your service, I am a Guardian of the Multiverse and currently ... I am also on vacation" I say with a smile, appearing in front of them.

@Jacky

"Everything you do matters, every action of yours comes from a reason rooted in your subconscious, for example those souls ... you absorbed them for a deeper reason, perhaps ... did you want to feel less alone?Become a part of something bigger?"

"If you are a guardian of the multiverse who is going to guard the multiverse while you are on vacation?" Eden asks

"Oh, you mean the multiverse in general ... I am referring to my multiverse, I also have seven other capable members of my team ... six actually, one is on a honeymoon with a Guardian of another multiverse"

"Furthermore, time passes differently from universe to universe, so for as long as I spend it, only a second may have passed"

"I see, well then what made you choose to come over here to the two of us in particular?" Eden asks

"There are surely more interesting things going on in this reality." He says

Monarch Laciel said:
The shoggoth scratches its head with a tentacle.

"Ask the birb lady who let me in?"
"What? Are you talking about the one who was watching us in California? Actually, where are we? I know we're in one of the realities inside of a giant robot but where is that robot?"

"Ah, I just wanted to meet people who don't need psychological therapy, before I met a little girl ... Destiny, she took me for a guy called Aranil ... and from the way she talked about her she seemed a little disappointing as a person ... .and I mean a real failure "

"Besides, a copy of mine is giving her a psychiatric session."

"I did it to be stronger, that's all." She said as she crossed her arms once more. "Though at this point I don't think it's working..."

"He was a weird guy, often doing irritating stuff, but had goodish intentions.

Kinda miss him, kinda not."

Marta responds to Meverik

@Jacky

"Ah, to grow stronger ... the most stupid desire ever conceived by every sentient being" I say.

"Strength will give you nothing, since nothing will remain at the end of existence," I explain.

"Listen ... I know that this is probably something Aranil would say ... or even by someone with common sense, but I think you should free those souls, not because it is immoral ... even if it is" I continue.

"Those souls ... belong to people who had dreams, hopes ... people they loved ... and you deliberately took away"

"Don't you feel any sadness? Their sadness?"

@ Overlord775

"Aww ... it seems like me ... and I could know why Destiny hates him, of course ... I heard the reason from herself, but I think her emotions slightly cloud her judgment"

"Don't you talk down to me! Don't you think I understand my own emotions! I will release the souls, given time. I have much more I need to do first..."

"Hehehe." He laughed. "If ya wanted more power, why didn't ya ask?" He then spoke to himself, trying not to make that audible.

@Jacky

"Stay calm Destiny, I'm not accusing you ... I'm just trying to understand, to know and maybe ... even to help you, I feel mixed emotions in you ... and I'm afraid you can explode and hurt someone ... probably ... you didn't want to kill him "I explain in a very calm tone.

"I didn't want to kill who? Aranil? Please. I've been wanting him dead since day one. Ever since he got in the way. The first time he denied my actions, the first time he denied me of fighting him. I've been wanting him to grovel at my feet ever since. He's gone now, good riddance, but unfortunately that won't happen..." she glanced to Boris and raised an eyebrow. "did you say something?"

"Mr Boris, I would like you to not interrupt the session," I say, and then turn to Destiny.

"So tell me, how did you feel when you killed him?"

"I don't need to speak to you about this," destiny said with a hostile tone as she took a sitting position in midair. "I don't care enough for some stupid therapy session. I don't need it. My mind is fine."

"Nothing at all! It's just that..." He then starts to whisper, sounding a bit aggressive. "I could give you anything."

@faruel

Eden looks at Maverik

"Yes I knew Aranil, I hung around with him for a while. Not long after he made himself a universe and a planet Destiny grabbed him and brought him to another realm and killed him." He says thinking back

"Aranil had good intentions, however if anything he was too good, he refused to fight Destiny before which helped lead to his death"

@Jacky

"Destiny, I'll be honest with you ... you risk hurting your loved ones if you don't realize your problem, you don't want to hurt Boris, do you?"

@Paul

"Ah, he probably wouldn't have had the courage to kill a little girl ... at the end, who can blame him?"

"I'd never hurt Boris. Never have, never will. I don't care how far off the deep end I go. I'm not hurting him."

"Destiny ... there are times when we can't escape our actions ... and you will come to a time when you will regret not being able to go back to repair things, but now you are here ... right now where you can stop yourself ... because only you can do it "I say.

"Do it for those you love and care for, do it for Boris ... you care about him, don't you?"

"I suppose you're right. But if a child showed a pretty clear desire to kill you, you should probably fight them." He says

@Faruel

"Right, so now that your question have anwered, you will leave, right ?"

Marta asks, hoping he that responds yes.

Back