• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't matter, 23+ people agree with Warren and Zamasu anyway.
Tfw you don't realize that was about the downgrade from 3-B to tier 4 and the current discussion is about GoD 3-A thing.

Also the manga is a lot different in how the entire arc played out and the fights happened. We don't and can't use the anime argument here because if we did, they wouldn't be 3-B in the first place.

Yeah, agree with AKM and Ion that basing the Manga’s stats off the Anime is a poor idea.
I agree with that, but not downgrading characters to galaxy level. I mean, even if you think about the U6 VS U7 tournament, or the Goku Black arc, there were massive differences with how they were portrayed. I think we shouldn't scale manga stats off the anime.

It looks like the overwhelming majority is against downgrades. What else needs to be discussed, out of curiosity?

Yeah, no one’s disputing 3-B. SSJG Goku’s clash with Beerus being 4-A or 3-C wouldn’t make much sense.

Yeah, no one’s disputing 3-B. SSJG Goku’s clash with Beerus being 4-A or 3-C wouldn’t make much sense.
I know there are differences between the anime and manga, but from what I recall, isn't the cosmology similar between the two? If so, a Dragon Ball universe is a lot larger than our universe, so I could see the clash still being 3-B, especially with the aforementioned urgency given to it by Elder Kai (e.g. "At this rate...").

THKfbcD.jpg

No one is discussing the feat not being 3-B anymore, it clearly is. The issue ByAsura and AKM showed was with Champa's statement being 3-A, something I agreed on.

If you don’t wanna use the anime timeframe then there’s no problem with that at all. Regardless, in the manga the feat is still more impressive. Multiple shockwaves were generated from one punch and after that one punch Elder Kai said the universe would be destroyed at that rate. That implies the second punch could’ve destroyed the universe.

If you don’t wanna use the anime timeframe then there’s no problem with that at all.
Again, there's no problem with the Beerus and Goku feat, the issue is with Champa's statement. Can you not go over something that was already rejected? Thank you.

If you don’t wanna use the anime timeframe then there’s no problem with that at all. Regardless, in the manga the feat is still more impressive. Multiple shockwaves were generated from one punch and after that one punch Elder Kai said the universe would be destroyed at that rate. That implies the second punch could’ve destroyed the universe.
Idk about the second punch destroying it, but how exactly does a punch clash generate multiple shockwaves, shoudn't it be only one?

Idk about the second punch destroying it, but how exactly does a punch clash generate multiple shockwaves, shoudn't it be only one?
After one punch it’s shown that there are multiple shockwaves and the Elder Kai says the shockwaves (plural) are reaching here (the realm of the Kai).

I think Beerus is definitely 3-A for the following reasons:
  1. Goku Black killed the Gods of Destruction by killing their respective Supreme Kais. I went through all of the differences between the anime and manga, double checked it, and that was not one of the differences. Since GoDs with the exception of Beerus are comparable, and for the most part are portrayed as superior to characters from the Goku Black Arc, it would make sense that he killed them through killing their Supreme Kais.
  2. Beerus is superior to the other Gods of Destruction. This is pretty self-explanatory.
  3. A multi-galaxy level Vegeta got humiliated by Beerus after landing a single hit. Also pretty self-explanatory. It's also worth noting that Beerus says that even in millions of years Vegeta wouldn't be on his level. While that's likely hyperbole, it's still worth noting that there is a significant gap between the two if Beerus would make a statement like that after manhandling Vegeta.
This means that any character treated on a comparable level to Beerus (e.g. Jiren, UI Goku, some forms of Moro) would be comparable or 3-A

btw, I'm rusty with the DBS manga, so I could be wrong about a few of those things. Feel free to correct anything I got wrong.

Wait, is the CRT per verse rule lifted btw?

Because I am pretty sure there is another DB CRT about the Anime and the Movies.

Shouldn't that have been finished first?

I think Beerus is definitely 3-A for the following reasons:
  1. Goku Black killed the Gods of Destruction by killing their respective Supreme Kais. I went through all of the differences between the anime and manga, double checked it, and that was not one of the differences. Since GoDs with the exception of Beerus are comparable, and for the most part are portrayed as superior to characters from the Goku Black Arc, it would make sense that he killed them through killing their Supreme Kais.
  2. Beerus is superior to the other Gods of Destruction. This is pretty self-explanatory.
  3. A multi-galaxy level Vegeta got humiliated by Beerus after landing a single hit. Also pretty self-explanatory. It's also worth noting that Beerus says that even in millions of years Vegeta wouldn't be on his level. While that's likely hyperbole, it's still worth noting that there is a significant gap between the two if Beerus would make a statement like that after manhandling Vegeta.
This means that any character treated on a comparable level to Beerus (e.g. Jiren, UI Goku, some forms of Moro) would be comparable or 3-A

btw, I'm rusty with the DBS manga, so I could be wrong about a few of those things. Feel free to correct anything I got wrong.
None of this justify the 3-A rating, Beerus stomping a 3-B character mean only that he is at least 3-B nothing else, not only to mention that vegeta 3-B rating shouldn't even be far above baseline, nvm him not even being able to survive zamasu attack which was at best 1/4 of the Universe

When did Asura say anything about that?
I never did disagree, only call it shaky. Mainly, it was about Zamasu upscaling out of nowhere.

To be honest, I'm neutral on Universe level GoDs. However, even if those attacks were going to completely destroy all of the universe, you'd have to divide by 2. The viz translation of the claim seems to make it even less reliable.

Last edited:
There seems to be a massive difference between the lowest and highest bounds of 3-B, so is the gap between the 3-B characters and the GoDs high enough to warrant upscaling to 3-A?
image0.png

None of this justify the 3-A rating, Beerus stomping a 3-B character mean only that he is at least 3-B nothing else, not only to mention that vegeta 3-B rating shouldn't even be far above baseline, nvm him not even being able to survive zamasu attack which was at best 1/4 of the Universe
I can concede to the fact that my arguments may not have been enough to justify a 3-A Beerus, but I wouldn't say that Vegeta's 3-B is baseline, especially if he's superior to SSG Goku in the BoG arc of the manga who is 3-B for shaking a universe far larger in size than our own. A Vegeta in the Goku Black arc should be superior to that easily in God or Blue.

But hey, if he's still 3-B, I'm cool with "At least 3-B, possibly 3-A".

@Maverick Given how Goku and Beerus were credible threats to the universe within a short amount of time, they'd probably backscale from Universe level rather than scale above Multi-Galaxy level. Galaxy level+ was just the minimum for shaking the universe between two people (Goku and Beerus were actually at the edge, so the calculation is higher).

Edit: I messed up, it's only 4.38026479e67 J.

@Goji Here.

Last edited:
@Maverick Given how Goku and Beerus were credible threats to the universe within a short amount of time, they'd probably backscale from Universe level rather than scale above Multi-Galaxy level. Galaxy level+ was just the minimum for shaking the universe between two people (Goku and Beerus were actually at the edge, so the calculation is substantially higher).
Well dang.

@Maverick Given how Goku and Beerus were credible threats to the universe within a short amount of time, they'd probably backscale from Universe level rather than scale above Multi-Galaxy level. Galaxy level+ was just the minimum for shaking the universe between two people (Goku and Beerus were actually at the edge, so the calculation is higher).

Doing a rough calc with the diameter adjusted, the feat gets 8.76052957e67 J, or slightly over baseline Multi-Galaxy level.

@Goji Here.
Wait so multi galaxy for shaking???

Actually, that would be pretty interesting to calc: shaking Universe 7, but from Earth, which is at the border of the universe. It'll likely give some nice result.

I messed up on that calc. I forgot to divide by 2 again, so it's actually just slightly higher than the original (still Galaxy+).

However, even Super Saiyan God Goku is way stronger than this by the end of the Beerus fight.

Off Topic: You gotta hand it to Toyotaro, the dude can seriously draw some good Dragon Ball when he's not tracing, that is.

I messed up on that calc. I forgot to divide by 2 again, so it's actually just slightly higher than the original (still Galaxy+).

However, even Super Saiyan God Goku is way stronger than this by the end of the Beerus fight.
So even though the calc result was 3-C+, it could still be theoretically possible that SSG Goku would be 3-B from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back