• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku couldn't teleport to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber because it was in a different dimension during the Buu Saga, but he could teleport to the Otherworld during cell Saga.
This is strange because Zenos 2-C justification conflicts with this.

But I’ll have to make a separate thread about this later on.

Guess i'll agree with warren and zam- oh wait i alteady did it.

Is there anything left to do here? It seems unanimous that nothin happens other than "at least 3-B likely 3-A"

I agree with this
The "universal" statements are mostly vague and the multiple low galaxy tier showings clearly show that the series's intention isn't to have Goku on a "Slaps universes for breakfast" level

I agree with Warren on not downgrading 3-B characters. For the Gods of Destruction and any relevant characters, 3-B, possibly 3-A should work for them.

Following...

b780497c9b60a939632a931500572999.jpg

First one blatantly confirms Zamasu was weakened "he's still got that much power left!" which makes sense since he just had a death match with Goku, who was his equal, and Vegito, with his immortality beginning to fail. So galaxy isn't the cap of his power anyway.

MUI one is contradicted by Merus swapping out universe and galaxy multiple times along with the fact the Super Dragon Balls are supposedly contained in the galaxy. Most likely a mistranslation with this one.

here's an input

Elder Kai being worried over universe being heavily damaged as the word "jeopardy" is used over the clashes does show that they are at 3-B level otherwise Elder Kai being worried over universe 7 being destroyed over long time but not being worried when SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu were fighting in Atleast FTL+ speed makes no sense.Elder Kai urgency does imply that time frame isn't too long just like his reaction with Omega negative energy ball

Champa saying I dont care what happens to the universe along with clash by Beerus does imply that universe 7 is going to be destroyed especially when they massively scale above 3-B SSG Goku and suppressed Beerus

Merged Zamasu example is bad because AP of his attacks could be 3-B while range is still specific to galaxy level range.Same with Moro where Whis is only talking about range of the said attack not overall AP output of the attack

So in short I disagree with the downgrades

Didn't read the entire thread so many of these points might be redundant now but...

You might object and say "Well, Elder Kai said that at the rate they were going, the universe would be destroyed, so it couldn't possibly be a long time," but the thing is, these characters are way, way beyond the speed of light, so it isn't much of a stretch to claim that they could destroy Universe 7 over a short period of time by attacking each other really fast. Arguably, even Super Perfect Cell could have done so with the power and speed he has.
It was a shockwave that originated from a single punch. And it wasn't even meant for the universe, it was just collateral damage. And that alone endangered the entirety of Universe 7 which is much bigger than a regular observable universe. So obviously it wouldn't take that many hits for them to destroy U7. And even with their speed, they'd still have taken a lot of time to destroy trillions of galaxies, especially when they were not even targeting those galaxies, and only fighting on the outskirts of U7.

The Cell comparison is bad because while he could be a universal threat, his way of causing destruction would be totally different. He is able to live without food and water for hundreds of years and can roam around in space destroying all solar systems in god knows how many years.

The second scan is somehow even less clear. All that Champa says is that he doesn't care about what happens to the universe he and Beerus are fighting in while they prepare their attacks, which doesn't necessarily indicate that they were going to destroy it all at once. I just don't see how people can get 3-A based on such a vague statement.
I agree with you there. It is a vague statement. Him saying he doesn't care about the universe =/= him having the power to destroy the universe. Even if he destroys half of it, it still causes plenty of damage to the universe, enough to be considered as him not caring. Essentially the universe is ****** even if you destroy a large part of it. It is similar to me going "I don't care about this country" and proceed to destroy half of it or a large part of it. Country is still ******.

Basically, it's made clear by these two scans that Fused Zamasu, someone who is objectively leagues beyond the Goku that did the alleged feat, is only capable of blowing up one galaxy at best, as well as that Goku probably cannot survive such an attack.
IIRC Zamasu was pretty beat up and it would have killed Goku and Co. because they cannot survive in space. But even ignoring that, just because someone said that they can destroy a galaxy doesn't mean that is their limit when earlier showings put the character at a higher level. If current Freeza or Beerus got mad and screamed "I WILL DESTROY THIS ENTIRE PLANET ALONG WITH YOU", you wouldn't say they are planet level at max because they have got higher showings. Sure, it would have worked if they did not have any higher showings earlier. But I get that you were trying to say that the earlier higher showing in this scenario doesn't count, but I already covered that.

Yet, despite obviously being more powerful than someone who can apparently destroy an entire universe with ease, he doesn't seem to be capable of destroying more than one galaxy, either.
Same case as Zamasu. I haven't read that chapter yet but something tells me it's about AoE of the explosion, not AP. Again, this would have worked if there was no higher showing.

Post-healing Goku Black should not scale to Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. Both Goku and Vegeta make it a point that neither of them can sustain the full power of Super Saiyan Blue for long, and this is even the entire point behind Vegeta later learning to conserve that power by mainly using Super Saiyan God, then quickly activating Super Saiyan Blue when he attacks.
I am neutral regarding this point. Not being able to sustain the form for long doesn't matter when you are still going toe to toe when the form is still active. I guess you're trying to say that Vegeta got weaker due to stamina issues, and while that would explain how he later easily beat Black without assuming a ridiculous power jump and gap between Goku and him, which was rejected in an earlier CRT so it makes more sense, but I don't think it was explicitly pointed out that Vegeta was getting weaker. Neutral on this one.

Completed Super Saiyan Blue should not be separated from regular Super Saiyan Blue for indexing purposes. It's explicitly a perfection of Super Saiyan Blue that enables the user to fight with its full power at all times. Nothing suggests that it's magically more powerful than Super Saiyan Blue altogether.
It is demonstrably more powerful than vanilla Blue as seen in the fight between Goku and Zamasu. IIRC Goku never stood a chance against Zamasu for a simgle moment, full power or not, while in vanilla Blue (might have to check it though), but he was certainly demonstrated in the same ballpark as Zamasu after CSSB.

Not knowledgeable on DB, hell, I don't even remotely like it, but the arguments in the OP are kinda weird, none of the statements are about them being ONLY capable of busting a galaxy, they don't necessarily denote a limit for the characters, it's akin to a situation in which the Flash says "I'm going to outrun that bullet", it doesn't mean that that's Flash's max.
It's also worth pointing out that the Galaxy is sort of the "main hub" for the z fighters and DB as a whole, it makes sense that the villains would only threaten to bust it rather than the whole universe

I also disagree with the OP to an extent.

Firstly, shaking the whole universe was recalculated to Galaxy level+, which is far more consistent with the shockwaves actually being a viable threat to the entire universe. This calculation was accepted on numerous occasions by multiple staff and calc group members over the previous Multi-Solar System level version.

Secondly, Fusion Zamasu's statement holds no more weight than those other claims about Goku threatening the universe over time. Zamasu was in a massive fit of rage, had taken enormous injuries, and heavily implied that he would destroy the cosmos as well. It's hardly a credible limit to his power. On the other hand, Whis' claim about Moro's explosion potentially destroying the galaxy is more substantial, but hardly contradicts current ratings.

However, I will agree that the God of Destruction stuff is shaky. I'm also not a fan of upscaling characters like Zamasu to Multi-Galaxy level+, since the gap between him and Beerus is unknown.

Last edited:
Firstly, shaking the whole universe was recalculated to Galaxy level+, which is far more consistent with the shockwaves actually being a viable threat to the entire universe. This calculation was accepted on numerous occasions by multiple staff and calc group members over the previous Multi-Solar System level version.
Wait it is? Then I’m assuming all 4-A shaking universe feats will be upgraded to 3-C?

As for the "Galaxy statements", it is possible, and even likely, that by "galaxy", they are referring to the North Galaxy aka, the Northern Quadrant of the Universe, which is a consistent thing in the entirety of Dragon Ball (I don't have to mention the old "DB universe is only four galaxies wide" mentality, right? Because its the same logic). And so, would be a 3-B feat then, and would be consistent with other feats.
This is pure speculation on your part.

The Zamasu statement is very obviously talking about literal galaxies.

So, if there isn't going to be any changes, then this thread needs to be closed, there is No point of debating a scaling with a accurate Calc that puts Chou BOG SSG Goku on the 3-B tier.
It's been debated multiple times.

Also, the 3-A rating on top tiers is fine, the "Galactic Statements" don't contradict It.
There isn't any Anti feat for the 3-A's so...
Beerus and champa are able to bust a Universe individually, also, DB universes are bigger than our.

Literally, the moment where Beerus was breakdancing through the attacks of 11 Gods of destruction kinda proves my point.

Last edited:
I agree with AKM. 3-A based on THAT is very wrong, so anyone who scales to 3-A should be downgraded accordingly.

Actually. The agreement is about not downgrading the 3-B based on galaxy level statements. The GoD 3-A stuff is completely unrelated and I don't think that was even discussed here. But I guess that would require a separate thread.

Actually. The agreement is about not downgrading the 3-B based on galaxy level statements. The GoD 3-A stuff is completely unrelated and I don't think that was even discussed here. But I guess that would require a separate thread.
There are lots of Calcs which results in the 3-B rating, and most of them are accurate.

No, the 3-C feat is specifically because Universe 7 is far bigger than the real universe, regular universe shaking remains 4-A.
Not only that, even if it were the same size as our universe, DB's Earth is situated at the far edge of the universe and thus inverse square law would dictate that the punches would need to be even more powerful if it wants to cover the entire universe from the literal edge. Normal 4-A Universe shaking assumes the shaking to occur in the dead center, though Goku did it at the far edges.

The feats aren't remotively alike, this is the reason the manga feat isn't 3-A now, it lacks the massive amount of context and showings the anime has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back