• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the way we're going I think we should change things from "Ice Manipulation with Cerberus" to just "Ice Manipulation" for example. Or just list all of the weapons that have Ice Manipulation, although that would make things much more confusing.

Well we either repeat abilities, or we remove the "with X'. Because those two things don't really work that well together. It's not "Ice Manipulation with Cerberus" its "Ice Manipulation with Cerberus, King Cerberus, Frost Heart, etc" you get the point.

Because right now if someone goes on Dante's profile and he sees the DMC5 tab it says "Without Cerberus" and he would think "Oh so that means he doesn't have Ice Manipulation anymore".

Hmm... what would be the best approach here? Repeating abilities would make the profile seem a bit clogged, especially for mobile users. But removing the "with X" can make the origins of his abilities difficult to determine.

So guessing yes for the stone whatever thing that was sucking up Dante's soul up and him still resisting it? If no one doesn't mind it, I can add that real quick to the page.

Tony di bugalu said:
From where does the "As stamina decreases his Regenerationn becomes less efficient" comes from? I don't remember a single instance where that happened.
Can we get rid of that weakness please, I don't recall any moment where that thing was displayed.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
So guessing yes for the stone whatever thing that was sucking up Dante's soul up and him still resisting it? If no one doesn't mind it, I can add that real quick to the page.
I mean, the underworld thingy sounds more impressive and the soul eaters are a thing but nobody remembers them.

And that doesn't change anything, he was tired and got stabed and regenerated instantaneously like nothing happend, doesnt mean his Regenerationn becomes less eficient just that his stamina sucks.

That's why I barely talk here, my english sucks :´v

Also, where does this one comes from?

"As of Devil May Cry 2 he has had to place a limit on his power as he was getting too powerful."

I lost my game guide/manual when I was younger so I don't know if it comes from there but someone could tell me.

Unnecessary timeline retcon was unnecessary.

It makes so much more sense to have DMC2 come after DMC4 that I'm wondering whether we should legitimately disregard that statement for the sake of the profiles or not.

Tony di bugalu said:
And that doesn't change anything, he was tired and got stabed and regenerated instantaneously like nothing happend, doesnt mean his Regenerationn becomes less eficient just that his stamina sucks.
This was a thing since DMC 3, there is no reason to stop being a thing. Specially when his stamina sucks so much that his concept of healing his wounded and resting (by Vergil's words) is continuing going up in the Qliphoth Tree and fighting 3 considerably strong demons

I do not see any wound on Dante after wrekin Urizen nor do I see any injury after Vergil stabs him twice.

Vergil said that and what? He just went on and stalemated a full power healthy Vergil and didn't shown any wounds.

Also, this "thing" is contradicted by the very end of DMC3 where a weakened and tired Vergil got cut in half and regenerated like nothing happened.

@Kepekley

I'm actually curious why you think the timeline makes more sense before the retcon

Alright, got everything from my list done. As for Dienomite's list you guys can add in whatever Dark accepted.

Maybe my memory fails me, but I have absolutely no idea where the "limiter" thing comes from. The "won't kill humans" thing is kinda silly, too, when it comes to hypothetical vs debate scenarios. I'd cull out the weaknesses section entirely, unless you guys think that the regen depreciation really is a thing. I mean, Vergil was tired out in the cutscene following the final boos fight against him in DMC3, and he held himself together even after being cut through the midsection.

Also, Argosax should probably get some insanely good passive Mind Manipulation.

He had full, passive control over the Demon World's energy (as shown by the distortions and fusion between the worlds being undone by his death), which, as stated in the novels, guidebooks and even the series itself, warps people's minds just by being in it or even by its mere approach in DMC2

His literal name being "The Despair Embodied' isn't just for shows.

I mean, probably.

He'd probably also have some Space-Time Manipulation now that I think about it. Phantom is stated to have emerged on Mission 14 due to the "forces of darkness and time paradox", which is kept consistent inbetween the two mission descriptions we have. It is also stated that time is being either stopped or considerably slowed down, too.

So potentially another point for resistance to Time Manipulation for demons in general for being active during the Time buggery

I think it's more because most of his matches are stomps some way or another (IE in his favor or not)

Veloxt1r0kore said:
And tfw people say Dante is nothing in tier 3-A section, guess they need to retract their word
Having tired a few matches myself, the main problem I've found is that characters tend to get reaaaallly good regen around that tier (like, around Low-Godly) and Dante doesn't really have many ways to nullify that. If he did though, I honestly think Dante would be one of the stronger 3-A's on the wiki.

Also nobody uses Nero in his DMCV self, it's always his DMCIV self that gets used in matches

Theglassman12 said:
Alright, got everything from my list done. As for Dienomite's list you guys can add in whatever Dark accepted.
Forgot to mention this earlier, apparently I don't have permission to add to the profiles idk if it's just because I'm doing something wrong or I don't know how to edit but it wouldn't let me add to the profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back