• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Alright now with the PS2 trilogy of games done here. It's finally time to go over what the characters and even the demons can do.

DMC 1:

So I found more scans that shows proof of Mundus being capable of manipulating time on Mallet Island.

Dante would also get Invulnerability thanks to the Untouchable Star.

Dante has Holy Manipulation with Holy Water

Dante can resist illusions as when he went inside the Mirror dimension he was capable of seeing through an illusion of the watcher of time. On top of Mundus getting illusion creation for creating said illusions as Mallet island is basically his creation if his defeat causing the entire island to explode wasn't enough evidence.

Dante resists body puppetry for being capable of breaking out of the marionette's immobilization move, which basically strings him up like a puppet.

Dante can resist poison considering he's capable of withstanding the Nobody's toxic body without being poisoned himself.

Dante can withstand Nightmare's dimension which gives him his past trauma and can break out of it.

Dante also is able to get resistance to Absolute Zero based on tanking the Frost's claws, which has its surrounding air to be beyond absolute zero.

Now for Mundus, he should get Danmaku considering he's capable of rapid firing energy shots to overwhelm Dante and rain meteors down on him in their first fight.

DMC 2:

Lucia should be able to resist poisons due to cancelling out the poisonous effects with devil trigger and use the holy star to nullify it. As well as gain Non-Physical Interaction by harming souls.

Both Dante and Lucia should get Intangibility based off the Smell of Fear item.

Argosax should get water and poison manipulation by having giant tentacle monster as part of it, and said monster can manipulate both poison and water.

DMC 3:

Dante and Vergil should have magic as stated here that they're manipulating magic.

And I found some scans about a space time continuum shenanigan going on with DMC.

Holy Water again for Dante.

Homing attack thanks to the Arbiter, which can lock onto different targets when charged up.

Absorption and Soul Manipulation for Dante and Vergil as not just from this scan here, but also the fact that Dante can take in Geryon and the Doppleganger's soul as well as their powers.

Dante can resist acid manipulation thanks to the fact that with his devil trigger he can walk through the Leviathan's stomache acid without taking any damage.

Resistance to biological hax for Dante and Vergil as both can wield Force Edge without turning into a giant blob monster.

Resistance to Paralysis for Dante and likely Vergil.

now HERE is something juicy that I found. Essentially it's 3-A soul hax due to the outer crust of the demon world is already capable of soul screwing any souls into monsters. Which should scale to NOT ONLY Dante and Vergil as they can go to the Demon World without being messed up with their souls, but also every other demon out there as they can live in the demon world with no effort.

Arkham gets blood manipulation and magic due to the intro to these monsters was him essentially making them.

As for the demons I found a lot of scans for Possession for like plenty of different demons. It's honestly ridiculous.

I also found some scans regarding one of the enemies called Plasmas where they're "the embodiment of evil electricity". And there's this here from DMC 2 about the "avatar of savagery and greed". It could possibly lead to some abstract existance.

I agree with pretty much everything except AZ resistance, that was discussed and considered invalid but the Goat demons in DMC5 being able to freeze/halt you completely in air and you being able to break out of it might be AZ resistance. Reposting other things from past threads, feel free to add it to yours if you want:

DMC1 Dante/Anime

Vehical Mastery (air)

Explosion manipulation with Grenade launcher

Resistance to power absorption/power nullification (can't tell which one it is) from Beelzebub's blue vomit which is evil magic that prevents Dante's guns from shooting.

DMC2 Dante

Fear aura. Dante and Chen's aura clashed destroying the enviornment and causing "absolute fear" in everyone around.

Beryl's Anti-tank rifle.Towards the end of the novel Beryl gives Dante her rifle.Her rifle has custom made bullets which absorbs and destroys magic.These bullets also produce a magic/energy absorption aura which Dante notes and is shown when Beryl shoots one Ghost Knight protecting Chen causing all the nearby Ghost Knight's to instantly die.

Extra senses can sense auras which he can use to track and somewhat gauge power (sensed Chen's,Beastheads',Mundus' and Demon World's aura)

And Explosion manipulation and Homing attack with missle launcher (He has so many of these I'm still beginning to think it's pointless to add)

Nero and V

Light manipulation with Mega Buster for Nero

Resistance to poison from Agnus's containment room (For Nero) and various other sources like Nobodys.

Resistance to DT energy absorption from Nobodys (possibly reality warping)

Resistance to Blood manipulation Queen Empusa's

Vergil

Cross-Dimensional range and Memory Manipulation for Yamato (already accepted just needed to be added)

The resistance to energy absorption comes from knowledge of the novels.It is stated and shown that Dante would be almost completely human if ALL of his magical energy aka DT energy is sucked away from him and Dante can still perform magic and superhuman abilities after Leviathan seemingly sucks his "all" of his magical energy meaning either the novel is wrong or Dante resists his energy being sucked by Leviathan and Nobody, this is also backed up by Dante facing Nightmare and using the Nightmare weapon in DMC1 which absorbs DT energy .(This could scale to demon/human hybrids)

Armored Urizen should have the Yamato crystal as standard equipment and a description for the Yamato crystal going into detail on how it works and what he can do with it because if someone were to create a match up right now involving Armored Urizen they wouldn't be able to tell he has access to that.

This all seems pretty legit to me! I have discussed the potential of the space-time continuum scans to be indicative of a feat on my most recent thread, though it is currently receiving a mixture of both support and rejection. Other than that though, I'm pretty sure everything on here checks out!

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
We really need links to Dante's resistances so that I especially agree with.
The links to the ones I have? Or the others?

That plus I think some more that was posted by Tony in another thread I made questioning Dante's resistances.

Like...it's so bad for me to not see anything on the degree or reasoning of what Dante resists or what he can that I'm honestly pissed off about it. Most likely the most glaring thing I've ever seen on his page if anything.

Is this also possibly Abstract Existance?

Terreofinis: "The energy that controls this monster is their "ineffable terror"."

Mortfinis: "The energy that controls this monster is their "ruthless death"."

Personally the whole *same abilities in almost every tier* is what grinds my gears the most

@Dienomite that doesn't really suggest abstract. That just sounds like some higher demon is controlling them rather than said demons being an abstract version of whatever concept in reality is.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Would the soulhax also be resistance to transmutation and corruption?
I'm honestly unsure about that. At the very least it can give some potent soul resistance

Some of these are already in his profile

So...

So I found more scans that shows proof of Mundus being capable of manipulating time on Mallet Island.

Agree

Dante would also get Invulnerability thanks to the Untouchable Star.

Dante has Holy Manipulation with Holy Water

I'm unsure about consumable item based skills, they never had a Lore, never appeared on cutscenes or even were necessary in some point (like the Hearts in DMC2)

Dante can resist illusions as when he went inside the Mirror dimension he was capable of seeing through an illusion of the watcher of time. On top of Mundus getting illusion creation for creating said illusions as Mallet island is basically his creation if his defeat causing the entire island to explode wasn't enough evidence.

Agree

Dante resists body puppetry for being capable of breaking out of the marionette's immobilization move, which basically strings him up like a puppet.

Already in his profile, and I agree

Dante can resist poison considering he's capable of withstanding the Nobody's toxic body without being poisoned himself.

Already in his profile, and I agree

Dante can withstand Nightmare's dimension which gives him his past trauma and can break out of it.

Agree

Dante also is able to get resistance to Absolute Zero based on tanking the Frost's claws, which has its surrounding air to be beyond absolute zero.

So, I'm personally neutral with this one, we had a lot of discusions about it and it was rejected

Now for Mundus, he should get Danmaku considering he's capable of rapid firing energy shots to overwhelm Dante and rain meteors down on him in their first fight.

Agree

Lucia should be able to resist poisons due to cancelling out the poisonous effects with devil trigger and use the holy star to nullify it. As well as gain Non-Physical Interaction by harming souls.

Agree

Both Dante and Lucia should get Intangibility based off the Smell of Fear item.

Again, Consumable Item Based skill that never appeared on lore, cutscene and never was necessary on gameplay

Argosax should get water and poison manipulation by having giant tentacle monster as part of it, and said monster can manipulate both poison and water.

Agree

Dante and Vergil should have magic as stated here that they're manipulating magic.

Agree

And I found some scans about a space time continuum shenanigan going on with DMC.

We have some itens with very interesting abilities, but it doesn't scale to anyone

Homing attack thanks to the Arbiter, which can lock onto different targets when charged up.

Agree

Absorption and Soul Manipulation for Dante and Vergil as not just from this scan here, but also the fact that Dante can take in Geryon and the Doppleganger's soul and take in their powers.

This is actually wrong, they never steal souls or something, Before the Nightmare explains what truly happens:

"The process in which a Devil Arm is created was mentioned by Lucia in Devil May Cry 5: Before the Nightmare. According to Matier there are a two ways for Devil Arms to be created. A demon will turn into a weapon of overwhelming power if it has been defeated and becomes submissive, or a demon will change into a weapon if there is a strong emotional bond present. "

SO basically they don't absorp, transmute or manipulate souls, it should be removed from their profiles, yeah we have that scan, but apparently BTN just retconned this

Dante can resist acid manipulation thanks to the fact that with his devil trigger he can walk through the Leviathan's stomache acid without taking any damage.

Well, he have this Resistance in his Anime Tier, but seems fine to remove from there and add it to his DMC3

Resistance to biological hax for Dante and Vergil as both can wield Force Edge without turning into a giant blob monster.

That's the result of using something from Sparda without being his son, and Arkham wasn't even a Full Demon (like Sanctus after being revived, and even after he was rejected by the Sparda). Yes, the sword can biologically hax weak people who rejects their humanity, but Dante and Vergil don't get affected, not by resistance, but for their Blood Relation with their daddy

Resistance to Paralysis for Dante and likely Vergil.

Agree

now HERE is something juicy that I found. Essentially it's 3-A soul hax due to the outer crust of the demon world is already capable of soul screwing any souls into monsters. Which should scale to NOT ONLY Dante and Vergil as they can go to the Demon World without being messed up with their souls, but also every other demon out there as they can live in the demon world with no effort.

Agree, they already have resistance to Soul Manipulation in their DMC3, but still a feat and scales to some other people

Arkham gets blood manipulation and magic due to the intro to these monsters was him essentially making them.

Agree

As for the demons I found a lot of scans for possession for like plenty of different demons. It's honestly ridiculous.

Yeap, I agree

I also found some scans regarding one of the enemies called Plasmas where they're "the embodiment of evil electricity". And there's this here from DMC 2 about the "avatar of savagery and greed". It could possibly lead to some abstract existance.

Just like the "Despair Embodied", I'm neutral about this one, but maybe is just metaphorical language, since we probably need more proof for Abstract Existance than just a random statement

I remember that Noctis wasn't allowed to use a consumable item that gives him resistance to Petrification in a Vs Thread, that's why I said we can't use it, but if that's not true, then I'm fine with it

And well, DMC itens have some really good abilities

@Dante though for the bio hax, Vergil did state to Arkham that he cannot control the power of sparda. Considering Dante is capable of unlocking the true form of force edge, but go sparda devil trigger without transmutating, it should count for something.

I remember that it was stated in DMC5 that you need to be Strong of mind and body to wiled the Sparda Sword, this should possibly scale to the Force Edge since they are basically the same sword

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Dante, for example, doesn't get Bio Haxed for resisting the Force Edge, it's because he was accepted by the Sword and could control its power

Unsure if that still a Resistance

Dienomite22 said:
I agree with pretty much everything except AZ resistance, that was discussed and considered invalid but the Goat demons in DMC5 being able to freeze/halt you completely in air and you being able to break out of it might be AZ resistance. Reposting other things from past threads, feel free to add it to yours if you want:
DMC1 Dante/Anime

Vehical Mastery (air, Drove and did barrel rolls in an airplane while escaping and explosion despite not driving one previously)

Explosion manipulation with Grenade launcher

Resistance to power absorption/power nullification (can't tell which one it is) from Beelzebub's blue vomit which is evil magic that prevents Dante's guns from shooting.

DMC2 Dante

Fear aura. Dante and Chen's aura clashed destroying the enviornment and causing "absolute fear" in everyone around .

Beryl's Anti-tank rifle.Towards the end of the novel Beryl gives Dante her rifle.Her rifle has custom made bullets which absorbs and destroys magic.These bullets also produce a magic/energy absorption aura which Dante notes and is shown when Beryl shoots one Ghost Knight protecting Chen causing all the nearby Ghost Knight's to instantly die.

Extra senses can sense auras which he can use to track and somewhat gauge power (sensed Chen's,Beastheads',Mundus' and Demon World's aura)

And Explosion manipulation and Homing attack with missle launcher (He has so many of these I'm still beginning to think it's pointless to add)

Nero and V

Light manipulation with Mega Buster for Nero

Resistance to poison from Agnus's containment room (For Nero) and various other sources like Nobodys.

Resistance to DT energy absorption from Nobodys (possibly reality warping)

Resistance to Blood manipulation Queen Empusa's (I knew it! Where there's worker ants, there's gotta be a queen too.This big gal's got the armor to take a beating and the tools to dish one out. And when she's angry, she ain't picky about her targets- she'll scythe through her own demon buddies to get to you.If that ain't enough, she'll get fired up if she sucks enough blood. Watch out if her body turns red- that's your sign that it's go time.)

Vergil

Cross-Dimensional range and Memory Manipulation for Yamato (already accepted just needed to be added)

The resistance to energy absorption comes from knowledge of the novels.It is stated and shown that Dante would be almost completely human if ALL of his magical energy aka DT energy is sucked away from him and Dante can still perform magic and superhuman abilities after Leviathan seemingly sucks his "all" of his magical energy meaning either the novel is wrong or Dante resists his energy being sucked by Leviathan and Nobody, this is also backed up by Dante facing Nightmare and using the Nightmare weapon in DMC1 which absorbs DT energy .(This could scale to demon/human hybrids)

Armored Urizen should have the Yamato crystal as standard equipment and a description for the Yamato crystal going into detail on how it works and what he can do with it because if someone were to create a match up right now involving Armored Urizen they wouldn't be able to tell he has access to that.
Sorry for reposting with links instead of updating the original comment

Well he resists Hellfire thanks to not being affected by Ifrit's hellfire wrath when he wields the gauntlets.

Oh and I forgot one other thing. Dante should have interdimensional range due to Alastor sensing Nero Angelo when he was hiding in the mirror dimension.

Maaaaan, I remember Madara VS Dante, the Limbo Hax was a trouble because they are from another dimenson and people were saying that Alastor couldn't Precog them

They were wrong apparently, I agree

Well there is also the fact that he can see invisible things, like those giant birds in DMC 2. So there's that out of the way of surprising Dante.

It's been stated in DMC 5 ~Before The Nightmare~ that demons will turn into Devil Arms as long as the demon will either:

Lose a fight and become submissive or if there's a strong emotional bond present in him (probably regarding his oponent). Based on that I wouldnt give Dante Soul Manipulation... (since technically anyone can do it).

That being said... I dont think that DMC 5 ~BTN~ has ever mentioned anything about soul absorption and acquiring new styles from it... so maybe?

I agree with everything, but as Demon Killah has mentioned the soul absorption/transmutation should be removed as per the new novel revealing that it's a mechanic of the demons in the DMC verse not something they do themselves.

Beastheads grew Ducas wings but that isn't the only reason why Dante would have Biological manipulation resistance.The Beastheads assimilate the body and soul essentially taking the soul and biologically transforming the body into the Beastheads, this doesn't work on demons so naturally they would have resistance to it.

Jesterofgames said:
Wasn't absolute zero Frosts discussed about before and dismissed because they are weak to Ifrit?
Yes, although Ifrit affecting the Frosts isn't a proper reason to deny AZ and is misrepresenting the descriptions.The proper reason to deny AZ is the in-game showings not being enough to qualify it as AZ.

There is the comment right after that Absolute Zero line that says that anyone who get struck by the claws would die instantly without feeling any pain

Dienomite22 said:
Yes, although Ifrit affecting the Frosts isn't a proper reason to deny AZ and is misrepresenting the descriptions.The proper reason to deny AZ is the in-game showings not being enough to qualify it as AZ.
Doesn't Sub-Zero's ice have as much evidence of AZ as Frosts' ice does? That's pretty double standard-ish. And our standards on AZ aren't as strict as requirements for light to be accepted as legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back