• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Velox Cause why not?

@Dante I asked Dragon a while ago about items that functions differently than your typical healing item and he said that it's not really a problem if said character can use those items.

Well, some items have a little Lore behind them, usually their creation is through alchemy, and things like Red Orbs are actually canon with DMC5, since Nico created a DA that literally depends on Red Orbs

I'm fine with the itens tho

Unsure if Sparda, Dante, Vergil and Nero should all have the same resistance's, but they can have Underwater Breathing from DMC2 Dante.

I need to adress the other abilities, i have not checked if they were applied but i agree with them.

Only some of them were applied, actually

Also, I still believe that V should have a "Higher with cane", we can damage Cavaliere Angelo with B/Circle, which is, when the opponent is not glowing, a simple stab with the cane

I also have a minor change I would probably suggest with the V page. Currently, Nightmare is listed as being exactly as strong as Griffon and Nightmare, and technically I can certainly see why. Anything that Nightmare can kill, Griffon and Shadow can also kill. But then, the game does go out of its way to constantly depict Nightmare as still being notably stronger. From how he is only temporarily available, the fact that he can survive any attacks unscathed while Griffon and Shadow are put into stalemate after a few hits, and to top all that off in the Mallet Island Trio boss battle (I heard a YouTuber call it that, and I'm definitely always calling it that from here on out. XD) that Nightmare is the proper boss with the health bar while Griffon and Shadow are relatively normal enemies who will likely get killed multiple times throughout the battle. Quite simply, Nightmare has always been shown to be stronger, it's just vague how much stronger he is.

To resolve this, I would personally recommend the quote small change of simply changing his tier to "At least 7-B". That way, the knowledge of Nightmare being stronger is addressed while at the same time we are not making any baseless assumptions about tier jumps.

I agree with the abilities listed here.

Here's the abilities discussed in the other thread:

DMC5 Dante's abilities key should note that he doesn't have Yamato or regular Cerberus.

Fine.

DMC3 Dante should have resistance to Air, Light manipulation. Also he mentioned other elemental resistances.

Mentioned that adding said elemental resistance taking an elemental attack doesn't count as resistance. I agree with the resistances mentioned in this thread, for the other in the other thread only the ones that Dante or other char. can free themself from.

Nero and Dante should have resistance to Agnus's Life Absorbtion.

They have it.

Regenerationn negation for Dante argosax has mid Regenerationn listed on his page and he could regenerate from the damage Dante did.

Dante has it.

Power nullification for Dante and Vergil they could separate Arkham from sparda's power and Dante would later do the same with Sid.

I think they just destroyed their forms and reverted them to their base, like Urizen brought DT Dante into base.

Conceptual manipulation for Dante and Vergil could give the seven deadly sins their names back.

They have.

Homing attack for Vergil with summon swords.

Seems fine, same for Urizen.

Time stop for Vergil

Not sure, a trope seen in fiction is that a fast character with a sword does movements while everything around him is like stopped in time.

High-Mid regen for Argosax

Argosax first form is just a cocoon for its true form the Despair Embodiment, so no upgrade regen.

Absolute Zero Discussio

Kep and others are handling it.

Items and Optional Items

I'm fine with it.

Glyph creation as stated above from Air hike

They have it.

About resistance to space-cutting attacks

They have resistance to space already listed from the Beasthed

DMC1 Dante

Explosion manipulation with Grenade launcher

Ok.

DMC3 Dante

Homing Attack with Artemis and Spiral, Artemis locks-on and tracks enemies and Spiral tracks as well.

Vehicular mastery don't see how this one was missed. He's naturally gifted with driving planes, cars and motorcycles.

Also ok, novels implies he is a vehicular master.

DMC2 Dante

Fear aura, Dante and Chen's aura clashed destroying the enviornment and causing "absolute fear" in everyone around.

Explosion manipulation and Homing attack with missle launcher (He has so many of these I'm beginning to think it's pointless to add)

Beryl's Anti-tank rifle.Towards the end of the novel Beryl gives Dante her rifle.Her rifle has custom made bullets which absorbs and destroys magic.These bullets also produce a magic/energy absorption aura which Dante notes and is shown when Beryl shoots one Ghost Knight protecting Chen causing all the nearby Ghost Knight's to instantly die.

Extra senses can sense auras which he can use to track and somewhat gauge power (sensed Chen's,Beastheads',Mundus' and Demon World's aura)

Seems fine.

Light Manipulation with Mega Buster for Nero and Tomboy Breaker.

Said that i'm fine with optional items, for Tomboy it's limited statistics amplification since it amps his weapon for a limited period of time.

Vergil DT Healing

I think it's just his Regenerationn being applied in-game for the sake of being an hard boss via game mechanic.

Yamato and Sparda Sword Stuff

I'm fine with Yamato having Memory Manip. since it allowed Vergil to separate and move his bad memories to V, i mentioned that i'm fine with cross-universal via portals for Skilled Yamato Users that gets the stuff in this section [Sparda, Dante and Vergil. Nero used it for little time in IV and lost it in V]. Lastly it's possible that that Sparda's sword resusrrected Trish in 1.

Nightmare getting the at least

Not necessary since Nightmare is just in an higher grade of 7-B since those in this tier are in the low-end of it.

About V

Higher attack rating with his cane is fine since i recall him destroying weaker fruits in a cutscene.

There's one other question I have? Why does DMC 1 Dante have sealing when he wasn't the one who single handedly sealed Mundus?

The same scene were Trish was the one who channeled her power into him to seal Mundus?

I think it was like she was giving him the energy needed because he was depleted and he himself was doing the sealing. Like if he wasn't weakened by their fight and being in the human realm on top of it, he would be able to do it on his own like he did with Argosax, but that's just my headcano.

Hmm, then I guess it's alright. I'll add the stuff to the profiles when I get the time

Much better. Great work Glass ƒæìƒÅ╗

Even got Ebony and Ivory on there too! Found it odd and ironic that only the names are written down but don't have a pic and description for them on there for the longest time considering they're just as iconic as Dante's Rebellion. But whatever, they're on there too so that's what matters as well as the resistance scans :)

Gotta agree, you did a good job Glass! :D

From where does the "As stamina decreases his Regenerationn becomes less efficient" comes from? I don't remember a single instance where that happened.

Tony di bugalu said:
From where does the "As stamina decreases his Regenerationn becomes less efficient" comes from? I don't remember a single instance where that happened.
I'm honestly curious about that myself. I think it might have been based off of the first battle with Vergil, where he got stabbed through the chest and nearly died? But, in the case that is the only situation where it has happened, since that was before awakening to his Devil Trigger, it's possible he just didn't have his Regenerationn abilities yet. I've also thought it might be based off of gameplay, where the health bar is treated as his stamina? But that seems a bit presumptuous, especially given the ludonarrative dissonance of the series. If there is something I'm missing myself, I would like to know, since what I've seen so far doesn't quite cut it.

Dark649 said:
Dante actually easily shrugged off being stabbed at the start of 3.
So is that where the evidence for that weakness comes from? Since he was exhausted by the fight with Vergil, getting stabbed nearly killed him, while at the beginning of the game he was still fine and so wasn't affected?

By the way, I was wondering. Was Vergil's JCE in DMC5 considered a form of time stop/slow? I always interpreted it as such, since getting caught in it gives the screen almost the exact same greyscale tint that is usually used for any of the time slow/stop abilities (such as the bangle of time, chrono heart, quicksilver, key of cronos, etc). But I don't know if any official conclusions were made regarding Vergil's JCE specifically. I'd imagine it's the same myself, but I don't know what other people have said about the topic.

It does look like it and I do believe it is. But we don't know, so it's pure conjecture. I think we'll have to wait for the inevitable "Special Edition" when Vergil would be a playable character, and see if the flavor text for the abilities say something about it.

Or someone should ask Itsuno on twitter and hope that he answers. I guess that works as well.

Wait, there is a lot of stuff missing tho, Pandora, Frost and Electro Heart, Alastor's Electricity Manip

Just because Dante already have these skills with other weapons doesn't mean that we don't need to list them, it's important on VS Threads

DarkGrath said:
So is that where the evidence for that weakness comes from? Since he was exhausted by the fight with Vergil, getting stabbed nearly killed him, while at the beginning of the game he was still fine and so wasn't affected?
That's not the evidence, in fact is the opposite. Same thing with the manga where he loses a lot of blood and then is fine in the next panel.

I think we should get rid of such weakness if there is no proof of it's existence.

@Dante it's the same ability as his other Devil Arms. It's redundant to add what is essentially the same thing on his powers and abilities section

I'm not entirely sure how exactly we could accurately add abilities for Pandora. The in-game descriptions say that it has 666 different forms, yet Dante only ever uses 7 (I think?) in game. He'd have a metric ton of abilities that can't be accounted for, and I'm pretty sure every ability it has visibly demonstrated has already been done by other weapons.

@Glass: Should we also add this for Dante's Soul resistance from 3? This can give Dante another feat of resistance against soul stuff.

Might also be a stamina feat or some misc. feat considering he fought enemies while holding it and shortly after went on to fight Geryon(??) after putting it to that bridge or something in the video.

DarkGrath said:
I'm not entirely sure how exactly we could accurately add abilities for Pandora. The in-game descriptions say that it has 666 different forms, yet Dante only ever uses 7 (I think?) in game. He'd have a metric ton of abilities that can't be accounted for, and I'm pretty sure every ability it has visibly demonstrated has already been done by other weapons.
Explosion Manip, Homing Attack, Light Manip

We need to list on Dante's profile every weapon and what they can do (if the weapon have any power, obviously), in many VS threads I saw things like "if it's not on his profile, you can't use it" so he needs to be with Classic Cerberus to use Ice, but if he uses the Frost Heart, he can channel Ice powers into Rebellion, while using DT

It's a better combo that we can't use it because it's not on his profile

King Cerberus is the best choice to change between elementals without needing to use Agni & Rudra, Nevan and Classic Cerberus but... we can't use it because it's not on his abilities section

Having everything on his profile allow us and people who doesn't know him that much to scrutinize every option possible in a battle, that's why it's important

@Dante that's what his standard equipment is for. It lists off all the stuff he has in every game. Just put a brief description on every weapon and what it's capable of and you're good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back