• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo vs The Nameless One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, everyone should stop trying to explain what Diavolo does with examples, it ironically loses side of the true by just getting the results. No it's not (psudeo-)fate manip, causality gets altered to have something different in the end. No Diavolo has no acasuality, causality itself does nothing within erased time. No this is not a skip button, this ignores a lot of things.

People should read Diavolo's powers as they are. Memory Manip was also brought as a result of not doing that. And the thing is, this will keep happening if they don't.

Speaking of which, it is pretty clear Diavolo can interact with objects but not attack in erased time. Such as him cleaning up the body or the hotel room

@Eficiente Yes you are right, no fate manipulation, no Skip button, and... I misunderstood when you said "its causality erasure" and read It as "Its acasual" O O F

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Speaking of which, it is pretty clear Diavolo can interact with objects but not attack in erased time. Such as him cleaning up the body or the hotel room
Yes, idk why but this is usually brought as a weakness. That's prety much like saying "this characters needs to use his legs to walk".

I don't get why people keep acting as if my "skip button" explanation was supposed to be a full explanation when I literally said a bunch of times that it was as oversimplified as possible and only focusing on what other people see when he activates his power, and not on how the Stand itself works; maybe people just don't pay attention.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't get why people keep acting as if my "skip button" explanation was supposed to be a full explanation when I literally said a bunch of times that it was as oversimplified as possible and only focusing on what other people see when he activates his power, and not on how the Stand itself works; maybe people just don't pay attention.
Sometimes, oversimplify something can mess things up, there are concepts that are unsimplifiable without distorting the actual meaning and breaking It.

Kirby71 said:
Sometimes, oversimplify something can mess things up, there are concepts that are unsimplifiable without distorting the actual meaning and breaking It.
Yeah, and "what people around Diavolo see when King Crimson is activated" isn't one of them.

By the way,did we just randomly fill the thread with weird King crimson explanations until It transformed into spam that confused even more instead of clarifying It? O O F, we didnt do our best... (XD)

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Earl
How would Nameless deal with the passive fate manip? I guess he has plot manip
I don't think he can deal with passives, though. At least not probability and fate. It would be pretty nice to have that fight though. Nameless vs Nameless.

Buttersamuri said:
I ain't knowledges heavily on the verses. But looking on the page. Caleb is Way to Hacky AF.
So calebs
Looking at walls of hax to determine the winner may not be ideal. I mean if the size of the wall of hax or the number of hax were the determining factor, this guy would be the strongest character in the wiki.

Buttersamuri said:
I ain't knowledges heavily on the verses. But looking on the page. Caleb is Way to Hacky AF.
So calebs
Not that argument again, be like me, im a Kirby fan, and i dont use that "has more ways to win argument"

Ok, so I was just talking with my friend who's a big fan of JoJo, and he didn't seem to think Diavolo could actually win. His reasons were;

1) On the chance that they both activate their Time Powers at the same time, Diavolo wouldn't be able to do anything because once his Time Erasure ran out, he'd still be in Caleb's Time Stop so Caleb would get him there.

2) If Diavolo did get his Time Erasure off first, he still couldn't do much because he didn't think that Diavolo could actually see Caleb moving in stopped time so his precog wouldn't help there. And if he tried to donut him Caleb would just IR dodge and Time Stop again and since Diavolo apparently doesn't spam his Erasure IC, he'd get caught in it.

@CinnabarManx That was a complete lack of understanding of Diavolo's powers.

1) Diavolo's time erase is not going to ran out. He erases up to ten seconds of time, all the stopped time will be erased as nothing as it takes no time for Diavolo to be there...as time is stopped. Also why they would both activate their Time Powers at the same time?

2) Diavolo would not see him do anything within stopped time. That's like saying anyone can see the stuff that happens in the erased time even tho time is stopped. Diavolo sees the results of the time stop; Himself damaged. So he erased that. Diavolo sees the "IR dodge", time erases that tries again better.

CinnabarManx421 said:
The IR dodge would happen after the Erase though, so how could he see that?
...?
"By the end of Part V, during a Time Erasure, Epitaph directly shows what will happen after it, in that location being King Crimson successfully perforating his opponent with his arm, after events that reverted him back to before his Time Erasure, his forecasts still showed him what was meant to happen after his Time Erasure." - This profile

Also this was brought before within this thread, as in this very same part of the profile being quoted.

Dude, please, elaborate. I don't get what you are saying. "He wouldn't be able to interpret the Time Stop"? So, he wouldn't be able to interpret himself being killed/damaged? What? How?

I am missing something?

I was looking over the DIo vs. Diavolo thread and people kept saying that Diavolo wouldn't be able to see him moving in stopped time with his precog, which means he wouldn't be able to interperet that he's stoppoing time. The same principle seems to apply here.

Why is the Dio thread being used as a point? We covered he could still erase the portion of stopped time, but again Diavolo lost due to Dio's regenerative and vampiric abilities. Please stop bringing it up.

The same principle applies though, the main argument for Dio winning was after the Erase, Dio'd get donuted and Time Stop, and here Caleb could do a similar thing and IR dodge and Time stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back