• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Diavolo even touch Ghiaccio? I mean, this isn't including the fact that Diavolo probably already knows how White Album works.

I mean yeah, Diavolo should know about that, him being the boss and all. I see Diavolo taking this via erasing time and firing a bullet straight down Ghiaccio's neck.

I'm pretty sure King Crimson would be strong enough to break through White Album. Gold Experience was able to crack it and it's far weaker physically than King Crimson.

Did Diavolo ever do a Barrage of Punches like Giorno? Like, is 1 Punch enough to break through it before he gets his arm frozen off?

I mean Diavolo would know to avoid direct contact with White Album, so maybe he grabs a gun or something and shoots Ghiaccio in the neck.

If Diavolo can in fact break through White Album, there is the problem of not freezing his hand off.

Again, why are we assuming that he knows about his weak spot?

I'd be even worse if Gently Weeps(-210 ┬░C) is activated since he already froze Giorno's arm off without it(-100 ┬░C).

Hold on. Didn't Ghaccio realize that he can cover the air hole with frozen air and melt it when he needs more? I know he died afterwards but this is the ''strongest version'' of the characters.

The problem here is that, even if Diavolo has a very tough time hitting Ghaccio for meaningful damage, Ghaccio really can't do much to hurt Diavolo in the first place.

That's even if we assume Diavolo doesn't know about the weak spot. He'd Erase in, punch hard, maybe crack it a bit but not kill, back off, repeat. Either Diavolo figures out the weak spot, or simply breaks Ghaccio over time.

Vote Diavolo.

ThePixelKirby said:
The problem here is that, even if Diavolo has a very tough time hitting Ghaccio for meaningful damage, Ghaccio really can't do much to hurt Diavolo in the first place.
He can just freeze his limbs off? Diavolo can't heal himself, so he's ****** once that happens. Ghiaccio was already doing that on the car to Mista and Giorno, imagine if someone is near him when Gently Weeps is activated which is more than 2x worse.

How would Ghaccio even land a hit against precog + constant time skips? Diavolo could easily weave into close range, then back out of range, so passive freezing would have less of an effect as he'd have time to heat back up.

Diavolo can't attack during erased time, can he? So what will him looking into the future and erasing time to get near Ghiaccio bring, if contact will only result into him freezing his hands off?

Since KC fights with singular, strong punches rather than swarms of punches, his hands will freeze far slower than, say, when Giorno Muda'd Ghiaccio. Not to mention, KC's singular punch is quite a lot stronger than GE's stand rush.

Ghiaccio didn't seem bothered to immediately freeze Giorno's hands since his Armor would just take it. I'd also imagine that Giorno's Barrage would be more effective against Ghiaccio than just 1 punch by KC(Not saying that GE's punches are stronger). Since this is in character, Ghiaccio will immediately use Gently Weeps once he feels like he's in danger(Which he obviously will since it's the Boss). We never saw what effect Gently Weeps would do to a human body, but considering -100 ┬░C were enough to freeze Giorno's arms off, Diavolo will look into the future and not see anything since Ghiaccio is the only one who can see frozen air, try to attack Ghiaccio and die.

One KC punch can one-shot a stand, the same can't be said for Giorno's GE.

Unforgiven0815 said:
I have no reason to believe that 1 Punch will one shot White Album.
Maybe not one shot. But what about multiple hits? 3? 4?

I might be wrong, but isn't WA's range bigger than KC's? And if Ghiaccio knows he's fighting the boss, he'll probably immediately activate Gently Weeps. Which means that Diavolo might just not be able to get close enough to Ghiaccio to actually punch him without being frozen.

This is in character, so Diavolo will only give out 1 Punch in the first contact. Ghiaccio then freezes his hand off, and he's ******. If KC has a hand left, Ghiaccio will activate Gently Weeps cuz he noticed that the next 1 or 2 punch/es could break the armor and win by either killing Diavolo once he tries to get in contact again or Diavolo fleeing.

Gently Weeps uses a lot of stamina according to Ghiaccio himself so all Diavolo has to do is spam KC until Ghiaccio gets tired.

He used Gently Weeps several times against Mista, even after all the injuries he took. And the 1st time would already be his end cuz the -210 ┬░C would pretty much **** him up.

There's also the fact that Iceboy isn't gonna just sit there and wait for KC to punch a hole in him. While his attacks will just be timeskipped, timeskip drains Diavolo's stamina as well, I think.

Anyway, voting very angry ice man.

LordUrien935 said:
Time skip does not drain Diavolo's stamina. It was never shown or even implied to.
Huh, really? I just always kind of thought it did, but fine. Anyway, I don't see Diavolo attempting to tire out Ghiaccio in character, he usually goes for the kill immediately. Besides, if he realized Gently Weeps is tiring him too much, he can always turn it off. -100┬░ is still enough to seriously threaten Diavolo.

Fine, so Diavolo can't hit him. But could he throw things at Ghiaccio? I'd say Diavolo would find out White Album's weakness pretty early in the fight- I mean this is the guy who solved Chariot Requiem, and if Mista of all people can figure it out, so can Diavolo. Epitaph shows Diavolo that hitting him will freeze his arms off, so he gets something, time skips and repositions himself and aims for the hole.

Don't insult mista like that :(

Anyway, didn't Ghiaccio find a way to protect that hole?

EmperorDoom25 said:
Gently Weeps deflects projectiles, doesnt it?
Yes, but he can simply wait it out. I know Diavolo doesn't know about the stamina weakness but it's not like Diavolo's gonna try to do anything else since Epitaph shows him that attacking is a bad idea anyway.

Mista only saw White Album's weakness while underwater and cuz of the Sex Pistols. There is also still the thing that he can't see Gently Weeps, so Epitaph won't help him much in that case. Ghiaccio used Gently Weeps 3 times which was after he chased the car, used several ice attacks and took injuries. I'd imagine that 3 ain't even his limit.

This is a lot closer than I thought it'd be. I'm gonna do one of those in-depth analysis and provide my thoughts on how either character could win this. I'll give my own personal verdict at the end.

If Diavolo lands just one or two good hits, Ghiaccio is dead. Gold Experience could already crack White Album's armor, and King Crimson obliterated GE with ease. That being said, the real question is if he can get those hits in. One thing to note is that Ghiaccio's suit is absolutely not only -100 celsius, that's no where even close to being able to stop bullets and instantly freeze stuff. Something else worth mentioning is that Ghiaccio's weakspot on the back of his neck won't change things, as it's an incredibly tiny hole for one, and even then, Ghiaccio can seal it shut. I doubt Ghiaccio would activate Gently Weeps from the get go, considering how draining it is on his stamina. If Ghiaccio is too aggresive and gets within swinging range of King Crimson, he's dead. But I doubt Ghiaccio will do this, considering he's intelligent and has dealt with punch ghosts before. Epitaph and Time Erasure will allow Diavolo to stay two steps ahead of Ghiaccio's attacks, but if he screws up, he'll be left vulnerable to a killing blow. The two are essentially in a neutral state where neither can rush the opponent. King Crimson will donut Ghiaccio if he approaches Diavolo, but Diavolo can't approach as Ghiacchio will freeze him if he does. And since neither has ranged attacks, they're going to fighting very cautiously. Either one could win at this point if the other screws up, but Diavolo has a huge edge in this part of the fight thanks to Time Erasure, which would allow Diavolo to approach, dodge, and get ready to attack, while leaving Ghiaccio extremely confused, disoriented, scared, and vulnerable. Ghiaccio does have Gently Weeps, which he will likely use. This will keep Ghiaccio completely safe while it's active, but it's draining on his stamina. Ghiaccio needs to have Gently Weeps on for most of the fight to protect himself against Time Erasure, otherwise Diavolo could just show up right behind him at any given moment and kill him. Ghiaccio wouldn't have any way of deducing that Diavolo can erase time unless Diavolo screws up, which he likely won't. But even if he did, Ghiaccio's stamina will rapidly drain with Gently Weeps on, which will lead to Diavolo outlasting and eventually killing him. Because of this, I vote Diavolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back