• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo vs The Nameless One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diavolo precog by itself doesn't show him the full process of why things happen. Doesn't stop Diavolo to just erase stuff.

That's not even what Paulo was referring to..

Except Cinnabar that Diavolo could still erase Dio's time stop even after the first time erase, and as stated above Dio could survive and outlast Diavolo unlike Caleb. This time nothing like that stops him from simply erasing again.

He can't though? It's already been covered and stated multiple times that Diavolo sees him being damaged/Caleb dodging after time erase and proceeds to time erase again as soon as the current one ends. Let me spell this out for you.

Diavolo:

-Sees what Caleb does after, aka dodging and harming Diavolo, during the first Time Erase

-Sets himself into the appropriate position

-Time Erase ends

-Him, knowing the future of Caleb getting out of danger, erases again.

Caleb:

-Has to dodge AND use time-hax after Time Erase, while Diavolo just simply Time Erases. Let me quote you for this again because you seem to ignore it.

"King Crimson's signature ability, which allows it to "erase" a period of time up to ten seconds in length. During this period, Diavolo can see all actions (human or otherwise) that would have taken place from its activation to the end superimposed onto the world around him. Whilst everyone is unable to change their fate, Diavolo can freely move around as he pleases, often putting himself in a better position based on the aforementioned actions (though, it's important to note that Diavolo not only never interacts with others, but is also exempt from attacks as well). Once the time is up, everyone else finds themselves where they would've been at the end of their actions, but with no memory of the time Diavolo "erased".

"Rather than the process of the events, Epitaph shows the final result, and whatever it forecasts cannot be avoided - it can, however, be dealt with using the knowledge it grants. By the end of Part V, during a Time Erasure, Epitaph directly shows what will happen after it, in that location being King Crimson successfully perforating his opponent with his arm, after events that reverted him back to before his Time Erasure, his forecasts still showed him what was meant to happen after his Time Erasure."

This is getting genuinely hilarious. You guys are not even trying at this point. What will be the next "This happens because I say so and nothing more!" joke?

Eficiente said:
This is getting genuinely hilarious. You guys are not even trying at this point. What will be the next "This happens because I say so and nothing more!" joke?
With that comment i think your not taking this battle seriously are you?

-Has to dodge AND use time-hax after Time Erase, while Diavolo just simply Time Erases. Let me quote you for this again because you seem to ignore it.

IR means he doesn't have to think about dodging so Caleb only has to Time Stop. If there's even a 0.00001 gap between him exiting Time Erase and strting the next one, Caleb stops him.

CinnabarManx421 said:
IR means he doesn't have to think about dodging so Caleb only has to Time Stop. If there's even a 0.00001 gap between him exiting Time Erase and strting the next one, Caleb stops him.
Don't worry pal i always get ignored ovo

Um, what. He still has to dodge even if he has IR, it's not IR means he doesn't have to dodge. Regardless, Diavolo would do it first if there's a 0.00001 gap because he has exactly prepared to see Caleb damaging him in the future and promptly erases that directly after. No cooldown.

Wait, even when he knew what was going to happen after his Time Erasure, as this scan shows, he still wasn't able to get another Time Erase off before he got attacked by Giorno, who would be much slower than Caleb's Time Stop, so how can you say he'd be able to do it here?

Is the IR even passive or something? Does it trigger when someone is going to hit him?

@CinnabarManx Out of context, he couldn't at the time due to GER.

Yes, it's passive. It even triggers sometimes when nothing is going to hit him.

Also, multiple people said in the last thread that overusing the Time Erasure makes him tired, so would he really spam it here? After all, all he'd see is himself getting hurt, he might not think it worth it to Erase again.

"It's passive"

"It even triggers sometimes"

??? Is it passive all the time or does it need to be triggered?

Also him getting tired by time erases is a headcanon. He even did some while having his stamina ruined by this guy.

I mean it's passive, sorry that was bad wording on my part. I just meant that one time it even happened when he wasn't being attacked.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I mean it's passive, sorry that was bad wording on my part. I just meant that one time it even happened when he wasn't being attacked.
Oh, it's not beating Diavolo then. If something must trigger it like something attacking him or just an action it's going to take him longer than Diavolo to erase still.

I read the thread and I disagreed with the counter points.

Edit: I checked Nameless' page and I do switch to Diavolo, because Nameless can't hurt KC, and has no way to get to Diavolo. All he can do is try to evade forever and hope to get lucky, whereas if Diavolo manages a single hit Nameless is done.

Paul Frank said:
But people want Caleb to win that badly don't read the actual thread and once someone fras a train starts
I read the thread and thought Caleb had a decent chance. At this point I'm not voting for Diavolo not because I really like Caleb (I'd never even heard of dude before he showed up and fought the Thing), but because of a preestablished and frankly well deserved baised against JoJo's in general. Count my vote or not I really don't care, Jotaro is a boring cardboard cutout and I wash my hands of this.

Diavolo has a five point advantage and has been winning by at least three since Iap voted iirc, and it's been 24 hours since grace was noted.

Does everyone suppose we can add this now?

That's how them rules work. 3 point lead for 24 hours. Unless someone voted and it was only 2 point lead or any less lead. If not. It should be added

Oh if that's the case then no. Here's the rules (to my understanding)

There has to be 7 votes for one of the character. The character has to have a 3 point advantage to enter grace. If they keep it for 24 hours. Grace is over and they win.

However if someone comes in and turned it into a 2 vote advantage. Grace period stops.

So if you refused it to 2 vote advantage. Then grace no longer was active and it came be added. Summary

Someone has to have a 3 point advantage for an entire 24 hours for it to be added

I still am not sure. I just thought the hacks and reasons I read for Caleb made sense. So I went with him. Those had been my reasons. So technically, the vote should have counted at the time. As the vote had reason with it

My reasonings again were based on the above things said and things I saw. So it is a fair vote. That's why it should have counted. Wether you disagree or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back