• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Efi That's fine if you don't care. The Rules Violations Reports thread does care, though, and I don't want to have to report anyone.

5 hours left, favoring DIO, 18-10 last time I checked.

Eficiente said:
Sixo Bullets said:
And uh, Diavolo isn't exactly a quiet person when he blinds people either. You see him screaming at Giorno during this and even after this. We only see him use this when something is a huge threat to him (Dio would be due to precog) and he is also loud as hell against extremely powerful people who can outright counter his ability directly.
Which is also wrong, he was screaming within erased time and causality, he never does so when surprise attacking someone. If anything others being unaware is representative of him.
@ThePixelKirby I disagree, and politely say that I don't care about you saying that.

Regardless, surprise attacking DIO is moot because of his enhanced senses.

"he never does so when surprise attacking someone." ignoring how he attacks and then goes on a tangent every time

I actually chuckle right now because surprise attacking DIO would be one hell of a feat to achieve unless if you're literally a god or some other supernatural being.

In addition to Sixo Bullet's point, he also has higher speed, and Diavolo's sneak attacks are rather predictable. It's not like a completely new sneak attack each time; it's simple King Crimson trying to land a punch.

King Crimson has near to no hope of winning CQC against The World, so he will have to rely on sneak attacks and tricks, which will be minimally effective at best.

Dragopentling said:
I actually chuckle right now because surprise attacking DIO would be one hell of a feat to achieve unless if you're literally a god or some other supernatural being.
Especially using the same surprise attack over and over, all while Time Erasing literally every time stop and blow ever. Diavolo, even if he manages to pull all of this off, will get really tired really quick.

@ThePixelKirby I'm not violating any rule, you just don't like my attitude, you can report me if you want but please don't miss evidence and context.

Also, sometime ago we as a wiki were trying to deal with vsthreads with many "FRA"s what are just, well, described not worst than anything I said so far. The matter was forgotten but will come back in the future. That being said, whatever similar problem a vsthread may have, trying to point it out is nothing but a belief, "practically" not supported by any of our rules. Can my attitude improve? It's not perfect, yes, but please take into consideration the context of this thread.

Sixo Bullets said:
Regardless, surprise attacking DIO is moot because of his enhanced senses.
They aren't particularly useful here taking into consideration the Joseph vs Straizo fight, even assuming they are active all the time which seems to contradict how DIO used them.

Additionally, DIO's senses are so great that he heard the slight twitch of Jotaro's fingers and responded by jumping back to protect himself while he also heard a car some meters away which he used as his escape route to Joseph's body some time later. DIO can hear a person's heartbeat too, but apparently has to put his ear to the ground to do so (whether that was PIS so Jotaro can have SP stop his heart in time or that's how DIO legit hears for that sort of stuff I'll never know).

But yeah after considering this, Diavolo surprising DIO with a punch through his stomach is not happening easily. Not impossible, but somewhat unlikely.

>Dio got surprise attacked by Polnareff near his weak spot and instantly time stopped (Polnareff is notably comparable to KC by some margin.)

>Was about to get shot by Hol Horse and simply acknowledged this without worry.

>Instantly time stopped after Jotaro surprise attacked him after playing dead.

I fail to see how surprise attacking is going to kill and incap somebody like Dio, who figures out tricks and ways of combat in mere seconds and time stops exactly afterwards consistently.

ThePixelKirby said:
Especially using the same surprise attack over and over, all while Time Erasing literally every time stop and blow ever. Diavolo, even if he manages to pull all of this off, will get really tired really quick.
You are saying this as if Diavolo were to not attack his head after seeing that his opponent is fine after being donut'd/karate chopped/ect the first time. A second or even a third attack would make him win, this will not be prolonged fight.

God, enough with the "Diavolo attacks the head argument."

DIO took two surprise attacks from both Jotaro and Polnareff and kept fighting, and each of those were aimed for the head and were successful attacks.

DIO got paralyzed and felt sick after being hit by Jotaro

and Polnareff would have killed DIO if he put a little bit more force and precision onto his attack

JooCipher said:
DIO got paralyzed and felt sick after being hit by Jotaro
and Polnareff would have killed DIO if he put a little bit more force and precision onto his attack
Jotaro obliterated his skull and affected deeper than Diavolo does. Diavolo merely cracks your head open.

And yes, but it's just to prove even characters with the correct knowledge on his weakness fail to surprise attack and kill him.

Sixo Bullets said:
I fail to see how surprise attacking is going to kill and incap somebody like Dio, who figures out tricks and ways of combat in mere seconds and time stops exactly afterwards consistently.
Diavolo would attack after his time stop, which has a cooldown, and can use time erases faster as we see when he kidnapped Trish and killed Narancia. "A couple of moments" is all he needs, which precog allows him to have.

The reason why Polnareff was successful in his surprise attack against DIO was because the latter was too busy relishing in his seemingly easy victory over Jotaro. I mean think about it, DIO considered Jotaro to be the only other threat to him (besides Jonathan) at the time since he could move in stopped time and beating him caused DIO to lower his guard and become tunnel visioned as he focused on chopping Jotaro's head off to put him at ease.

The same reasons can be said for how Jotaro was then able to surprise attack DIO and keep in mind too that SP's fist would've never landed since DIO stopped time at that instant, but because SP can move during stopped time, his attack was successful.

based on the anime scans that Sixo provided, DIO wasn't exactly in the best of shapes and he still proved to be a difficult opponent

Also, when are we concluding this? DIO has 15 points and a 4-5 point advantage at the moment, if I recall correctly. That's both of the minimums reached.

Sixo Bullets said:
Jotaro obliterated his skull and affected deeper than Diavolo does. Diavolo merely cracks your head open.
KC cracked open the head of a Stand with better durability than DIO's.

Sixo Bullets said:
Diavolo couldn't even survive a time stop in the first place. The second Dio stops time Diavolo gets gutted gg.
He erases it and others via seeing them coming, and attacks when he can, which he can due the cooldowns. He legit doesn't get killed via timestop.

Genericstickman said:
I don't remember Pol having better durability then DIO
If Pol had his head cracked open he would be dead. KC did that to GE, it's in his profile, his AP.

Ultimately scales to the same as The World. DIO got overwhelmed by SP in a way that GE doesn't when getting hit by others at that level, except KC, it scales to its AP as well.

Uh, no.

The World consistently tanked hits from a bloodlusted Star Platinum.

Bloodlusted SP > Non-Bloodlusted SP = Bloodlusted Silver Chariot < Diavolo.

Bloodlusted SP > Diavolo.

Simple.

It's far weaker. And SP being bloodlusted doesn't give it an insane amount of extra AP.

Eficiente, so far, none of your argument says anything that hasn't been said.

DIO has rather high durability, even compared to his Stand. While a full-on hit to his head might kill him, DIO could easily time stop in response, or use The World to block it, since The World is faster and similar in AP.

The World and Star Platinum are incredibly powerful, while King Crimson merely scales off of being more powerful than Sticky Fingers and Gold Experience- both of which are weaker than SP and Za Warudo.

Cooldowns, thank you for bringing them up. Diavolo time erases, time erase ends, DIO time stops instantly before the cooldown is over, GG. "But he'll erase the time stop!" Given that DIO will time stop in response to time erase, meaning, after time erase is over, even a 0.000001 second cooldown means DIO wins, since The World would be off cooldown.

ThePixelKirby said:
While a full-on hit to his head might kill him, DIO could easily time stop in response, or use The World to block it, since The World is faster and similar in AP.
Diavolo would just erase that time stop DIO responded with, as he sees it coming via precog. Also The World's not faster, and the confusion left by the time erase and Diavolo attacking by surprise mean that The World would not block that.

ThePixelKirby said:
Cooldowns, thank you for bringing them up. Diavolo time erases, time erase ends, DIO time stops instantly before the cooldown is over, GG. "But he'll erase the time stop!" Given that DIO will time stop in response to time erase, meaning, after time erase is over, even a 0.000001 second cooldown means DIO wins, since The World would be off cooldown.
Canonically DIO's time stop has a cooldown, Diavolo's time erase doesn't. What we saw him do with Trish and Narancia is a lapse of time of him using his power twice faster than DIO's cooldowns. Diavolo gets himself behind DIO after his time stop, by the time DIO's cooldown is over Diavolo already made his move and is able to use his time erase again to not die by a second time stop. Which he can as his precog, during his erase time, shows the situations that will happen after his time erase, if he would just dead after his time erase (which he will) he would just erase that.

How exactly would diavolo see a time stop coming with his precog

Like I said he would either see just the result and think dio can also erase time

Or he would see everything that occurred in the time stop saying simultaneously and at least be disoriented

Not a good approach. He is going to see himself suddenly damaged, so he's going to erase that and be behind DIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back