• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Come, gather and bear witness to my opera, now in the making. Its script is the height of cliché, I am forced to admit. And yet… Its actors are of the finest fold; beyond exquisite. Thus, I believe you will find it enthralling.”

Welcome everyone to this thread where I'm gonna give it to you how DMC PoC is going so far and what we concluded, all straight and hard deep into your souls.

So as many of you may or may not know Peak of Combat (previously Pinnacle of Combat) is a chinese mobile DMC game which story takes place between 3 and 1, game is being developed by Nebula Joy and currently has released it's global 2.0 beta version of the game which has changed a lot of things from the 1.0 (most notably the gameplay).

In this last beta we came across a situation, we noticed that 4 big problems:

1) the beta is hard locked by levels and as such its almost impossible for us to go through everything to verify if the scans we use are still there or were deleted

2) the scans we currently use can't be found anywhere and we have no idea if it is because of the hard level lock or if they were deleted out of the game along with some game modes

3) the game is still in beta and the story is being reworked, as an example in this last test they deleted around 3 missions and a lot of side content

4) 2.0 is a big change for the game to the point it doesn't share much with the 1.0 version beyond some game modes, some of the story and the characters. The gameplay system is far from a DMC game like 1.0 was, characters with lore details were deleted, dialogues don't show up and we have word of one of the translators/discord staff that deleted stuff won't be coming back.

With all that in mind we concluded that we have 2 options: 1) We keep everything and wait for the full release to make the necessary updates to the pages or 2) Delete everything and wait for the full release to add everything back.

With the DMC supporters we decided option 2 is for the best of our interest as even we have no idea wtf is going on with PoC and that it is better to delete everything PoC related and wait for the actual global release (which is supposed to happen at some point during the second half of the year) and when we have access to that version we can check if anything got deleted so we can update the profiles with information that we know won't be changing.

As for tiers, hax and other stuff it probably will be handled in another thread (since a certain DMC game spawned a certain novel and both the game and novel have a lot of bs going around), we will delete stuff and change it accordingly but I think most of you already know that DMC goes down to Low 1-C because the Demon World is naughty, naughty at least until the site wide tier 1 revision

TL;DR: Delete PoC, it's currently a mess of a game because some dumbfuck thought it would be better to make it a honkai game instead of a DMC game, also scans seems to be missing and we don't know if they were actually deleted or just blocked by the leveling system this new version has.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

It's downright bizarre that a game that isn't even properly out and is in a state of constant reworking was even decided to be used for pages.

Anyway, remove it until the game is properly out, then we can actually judge what's actually in it without worry of it getting removed later.

It's downright bizarre that a game that isn't even properly out and is in a state of constant reworking was even decided to be used for pages.
1.0 wasn't like that, its only when the new 2.0 version dropped that everything went to hell but yeah, fair

insert SpongeBob tear image

But yeah this is fine. Better to nuke it all now and wait rather than have it come out and hustle around what’s gone and what stays.

Neutral, leaning to agreeing with the thread.
You could argue that 2.0 is a beta and the full game rn is 1.0 and since RK confirmed one of the scans still exist then keep everything, but it's really far fetched and kind of niche so IG i could agree with OP.

Neutral, leaning to agreeing with the thread.
You could argue that 2.0 is a beta and the full game rn is 1.0 and since RK confirmed one of the scans still exist then keep everything, but it's really far fetched and kind of niche so IG i could agree with OP.
I think you misunderstood, yes the scan is legit and RK confirming it was good for us but that was in an older version. Now we have the shit show that is 2.0 so we can't use his word for this version

I think you misunderstood, yes the scan is legit and RK confirming it was good for us but that was in an older version. Now we have the shit show that is 2.0 so we can't use his word for this version
2.0 is a Beta now whilst 1.0 is a full game, just travel to China and download it.
But i do believe the scans maybe should get deleted

2.0 is a Beta now whilst 1.0 is a full game, just travel to China and download it.
But i do believe the scans maybe should get deleted
Didn't you went through 1.0 some months ago and found the game mode to be changed for some random ass loading screen? I know they said it was a bug or some shit but they haven't fixed it

Didn't you went through 1.0 some months ago and found the game mode to be changed for some random ass loading screen? I know they said it was a bug or some shit but they haven't fixed it
Yeah but i'm also saying that RK confirmed the scans regardless, maybe they were deleted or moved (PoC sucks ass to analize anyways)

Anyway, remove it until the game is properly out, then we can actually judge what's actually in it without worry of it getting removed later.
I was always thinking this too.

Agree with OP

I recall using stuff that didn't properly release yet is against site standards in the first place, but oh well.

As for tiers, hax and other stuff it probably will be handled in another thread (since a certain DMC game spawned a certain novel and both the game and novel have a lot of bs going around)
Which game and novel? Might as well PM me the answer since this sounds like code.
Delete PoC, it's currently a mess of a game because some dumbfuck thought it would be better to make it a honkai game instead of a DMC game, also scans seems to be missing and we don't know if they were actually deleted or just blocked by the leveling system this new version has.
With Capcom's current direction who knows what DMC will be. Something stupid filled with predatory microtransactions is my guess.
time for some villainy

Why are we keeping low 1-c as well
Mountain level DMC and all the speed feats are just hitboxes, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back