• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... im applying both threads rn

welp, someone ****** the edit so now I have to do all that shit again

Last edited:
I already went over a good chunk of the profiles.

Profiles left are: Mundus, Argosax, Urizen, Vergil, V, Nightmare and Nero.

I will continue tomorrow

I should do some grammar fixes on those pages. Tony seems to have written that Vergil was getting "more faster", to name just one glaring grammer error.

I should do some grammar fixes on those pages. Tony seems to have written that Vergil was getting "more faster", to name just one glaring grammer error.
Wait what? I didn't write that, in fact I remember fixing that before the other dude ****** me with the edit that deleted everything I did.

There are lots of grammar problems anyway. If it's okay, I'd like to do some grammar fixes for Dante's page, since parts of it currently read like a five-year-old wrote them.

Please do revis about Dante's age.

There is no information that Dante was 8 years old at the time of his mother's death.

Besides, the link is very confusing. As an argument in favor of him being 8, you use the page where it says that he killed Mundus 20 years after his mother's death (So you use the logic 28 minus 20 equals 8). However, as proof that he was 28 in DMC 1, you use exactly the same scan (So you use the logic 8 plus 20 equals 28).

And the strangest thing. As proof that Dante was 34-35 years old in DMC 4, you use the screenshot where it says that he is... 40 years old. Not only is this outdated information, but it also looks very strange. Perhaps the argument in favor of this was that Nero was 16 years old, and Vergil conceived him at 18-19 years old (Here we also do not know exactly how old Vergil was), but this will confuse the guests of the wiki. And by the way, I heard that this is also outdated information and he (Nero) was 17-18 years old. But I'm not sure.

Besides, the link is very confusing. As an argument in favor of him being 8, you use the page where it says that he killed Mundus 20 years after his mother's death (So you use the logic 28 minus 20 equals 8). However, as proof that he was 28 in DMC 1, you use exactly the same scan (So you use the logic 8 plus 20 equals 28).
It's a missing piece of the puzzle for obvious reasons, this is the best we could do. Not to mention that the current numbers make sense all things considered.

Another method is to use WoG to equate DMC3 Dante's age to DMC4 Nero, and Nero is Early 16s to late 16s in novel ( Vergil is told to appear 17 years before events of DMC4 by Sanctus, accounting for pregnancy period, this is what we have).

That ends up with 5 year old Dante at time of his mother's death because, DMC 3 manga and Novel Dante/Tony are one nearly one year younger than 3 version, his mother died 10 years before the Redgrave incident, so 16-10-1 = 5.

It's a missing piece of the puzzle for obvious reasons, this is the best we could do. Not to mention that the current numbers make sense all things considered.

Another method is to use WoG to equate DMC3 Dante's age to DMC4 Nero, and Nero is Early 16s to late 16s in novel ( Vergil is told to appear 17 years before events of DMC4 by Sanctus, accounting for pregnancy period, this is what we have).

That ends up with 5 year old Dante at time of his mother's death because, DMC 3 manga and Novel Dante/Tony are one nearly one year younger than 3 version, his mother died 10 years before the Redgrave incident, so 16-10-1 = 5.
When was it said that Dante in DMC 3 is the same age as Nero from DMC 4? And to be honest, I can’t believe that he is 16 years old.

We currently do 8 y/o kid Dante because of some old Twitter statement from. Kamiya where he said Dante in 1 was around the same age as cobra. Cobra is 29 and fans settled with Dante being just 1 year younger, which leads us to 28 DMC 1 Dante and so on.

Otherwise we can go with the thing Gilver said, with Nero being somewhere between 16 and 17 (don't remember which one specifically) based on deadly fortune comments

This thread and the DMC Gen 2 CRT in a nutshell:

POC_DOWNGRADES_VS_ARGOSAX_CLUTCH_SAVE.png

It's coming in December, I made this thread like 2 months ago. No need to wait to update the verse.
Stop what? Do you mean a new update, or do you mean that the game will be released completely officially and it will no longer be "beta"? Like, version 3.0 or 4.0 will not be released.

Revisions are still not complete I see. CM Type 1 would get negged to CM Type 2 due to the Demon Name thing.

Haven't finished this yet? We still see PoC stuff on the physiology page.
There's a general lack of motivation going around here. If things keep going at this rate the full release of PoC will be out before this thread is done, and it'll all be for nothing. Admittedly there are worse outcomes.

There's a general lack of motivation going around here. If things keep going at this rate the full release of PoC will be out before this thread is done, and it'll all be for nothing. Admittedly there are worse outcomes.
You seem to think poc will get anything at all lol

As things are I could be lazing around for another year and PoC won't be getting any single piece that would be relevant for us, like at all.

For everyone reading this, start getting into your heads that poc 2.0 won't be going back to what it was prior to this thread. Now it's basically a big waste of time that sadly will stick as a Canon entry in the series.... One that barely resembles DMC and it isn't because of its most obvious trait. Why did they change the game system? It was stupid and killed the game.

Well, what do you expect??, PoC stuffs is actually huge, and probably only @Tony_di_bugalu doing this right now
Yeah, sorry about that. Been lazy about this thread but I'll finish it ASAP

As things are I could be lazing around for another year and PoC won't be getting any single piece that would be relevant for us, like at all.

For everyone reading this, start getting into your heads that poc 2.0 won't be going back to what it was prior to this thread. Now it's basically a big waste of time that sadly will stick as a Canon entry in the series.... One that barely resembles DMC and it isn't because of its most obvious trait. Why did they change the game system? It was stupid and killed the game.
Yes Tony, let the mald flow through you, like it flowed through me when AC Odyssey and AC Valhalla became a thing.

Well, what do you expect??, PoC stuffs is actually huge, and probably only @Tony_di_bugalu doing this right now
As a Sonic supporter, it's relatable there's stuff that needs to be removed/added now that the relevant CRT(s) are done but it's exhausting and overwhelming (not to mention the OP of one those CRTs has dipped and hasn't been seen in months so...) to work on a very large and very popluar verse and that's assuming the other supporters are willing to help let alone doing verse DIY.

On a related note, is PoC still worth playing just for the heck of it or is it just another shallow gacha game? (thanks to the "changes").

Well, it's a Chinese game trying to make money. Trick is whose money they're counting on. If they were counting on Japanese and Korean players, and DMC fans, I'd be expecting good stuff. But if that was who they were counting on it wouldn't have changed. If they're counting on the Chinese market they will probably just make a generic mobile game. Capcom is going all in on the Western market (because it worked out so well when they did that in the early 2010's, in no way did the guy pushing for it get fired after they almost sank their entire company), so maybe we'll get more reboot, or worse.
Assuming it gets anything at all. The developers are lazier than anyone, and with Capcom getting back onto their old push towards the Western market, and the current age of mobile gaming and microtransactions, I don't expect anything good from Capcom for at least the next few years, after they once again suffer damage.
Well, we'll see. Ironically a Chinese developer might be better than Capcom at the moment. POC Dante and Lady look more like Dante and Lady than their DMC5 counterparts, for example. Apparently sometime between DMC4 and DMC5 Dante became a hobo, Nero beat his head into a block shape, Lady got surgery to make her jaw resemble Superman's and to lose her figure, Trish's nose grew longer while she too got surgery to have an entirely different figure and body shape, Morrison got the same surgery as Michael Jackson in reverse, and Nero found the most annoying sidekick since Jar Jar Binks. And hilariously, they brought in Nico who could have just as easily been of part African ancestry with no inconsistency or issue, and they already had Lucia and Matier, but they expect credit for changing Morrison instead.
Yeah, sorry about that. Been lazy about this thread but I'll finish it ASAP
In all fairness, you don't get to things very quickly. But I can understand the lack of motivation for a game that is effectively dead, not to mention the fact that the DMC verse as a whole might die for real sometime soon, with the way they're going. It almost died twice already, once after DMC2, and once after the reboot. And if Itsuno had his way his determination to kill Dante would have killed the franchise following DMC4 (first attempt to kill Dante), the reboot (attempt to erase the entire universe) and the reboot sequel he tried to make instead of DMC5. It's a franchise under a lot of threat from the stupidity of its IP holder.

Last edited:
As a Sonic supporter, it's relatable there's stuff that needs to be removed/added now that the relevant CRT(s) are done but it's exhausting and overwhelming (not to mention the OP of one those CRTs has dipped and hasn't been seen in months so...) to work on a very large and very popluar verse and that's assuming the other supporters are willing to help let alone doing verse DIY.

On a related note, is PoC still worth playing just for the heck of it or is it just another shallow gacha game? (thanks to the "changes").
Basically poc went from HD4K DMC 3 on a phone to a honkai/genshin game with no guns, less weapons, less skins, cooldown on moves, no DT, etc, etc.

If you like honkai games then you might like it and a friend said it is still fun but definitely not for me.

After watching their latest video I think poc isn't half bad... Yeah they took down a lot of shit but the gameplay looks decently fun and thr girls are cute as heck, specially the Kyrie cosplayer. Hopefully we will see more of her.

Also yeah try the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back