• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion Thread

Tfw I open youtube to search for checkered dance and it's exactly the second thing to pop up in my feed.

@Saikou: Nice! Commented!

So, I assume no one has any opinion on how the intro seems to have us interacting with Gaster, & the info of the manual, like the implication Ralsei's body is being given form by darkness that may be from a fountain? You know, like the fountains the Delta Warriors may be questing to put out?

Honestly, i'm pretty iffy on having Deltarune characters have their own, seperate feats because while events definitely transpired differently, there is no reason to assume the characters aren't as strong as they were in Undertale because they are basically the same, just with events happening differently.

While it's very likely to be Gaster, we can't be sure unless it's shown explicit, so it wouldn't mean much for now. And well, that part about Ralsei being made out of darkness seems to be non-canon for now anyway.

@Turbo Except we aren't sure yet of what happened. Also the changes seems really big too, so we can't just overlook them. We don't even know if Determination is a thing there, since it has never been mentioned.

@Saikou : I don't disagree, but I just wanna be sure that even with the character creator pieces having GONER in their filenames in the files, like other Gaster-related characters, we can't be sure the intro is interacting with Gaster?

I mean, I suppose it could be Chara or something & they're red herrings. Stolen stuff from Gaster? Coincidence? Who knows.

The problem is that nearly all the things hinting towards this being Gaster are from an out-of-universe perspective, like quotes resembling Gaster's, a reoccurring leitmotif or file names. Nothing in-universe actually makes us think it's Gaster. Like you said, it very well could be a giant red herring.

Although the idea that the avatar created by the player is similar in nature to the Goners NPCs is quite...interesting.

"@Magi I am here to give you PTSD. Btw you only get the weapon if you beat him through FIGHTing and you only get the armor when pacifying him."

@Saikou Wait....WHAT?!!! I HAVE TO FIGHT HIM FOR THE SCYTHE?!!! FFFFFFFF-

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Do you really need the scythe tho, if you're not gonna go for a fight-based run.
I'm doing a fight-based run in one of my save files actually, so I may need it.

What would you need the scythe for? A future chapter? Beating the Spade King is easy, especially with good equipment.

Also, to my disappointment, after Saving & erasing my file, Kris's name is now absent from Save Points at saveless files. Gonna have to look into ways of "True Resetting".

Seam outright says that Jevil is nothing but a taste of what's to come, and the Jester speaks of the Knight AND the Queen if you beat him in a violent way.

Implying these two are vastly stronger than Jevil... which might be a problem

Which makes no sense because the Joker is the strongest card in the deck. But then again, a Knight and a Queen being above a King makes no sense either so eh.

Well, that's frustrating. Ran the uninstaller, re-ran the installer, & Kris's name still isn't back on the default save.

What computer witchery do I have to do?

You've made your choice long ago, Imag. No going back.

Also random neat thing. In Québec, "Deux de pique" (meaning "two of spade") is an expression referring to someone dumb. And guess how many spade symbols Lancer has on his body?

Which makes no sense because the Joker is the strongest card in the deck. But then again, a Knight and a Queen being above a King makes no sense either so eh.
In some places he's the weakest. And in others if you pull a king on a joker the joker loses but if you pull a joker on the king the king loses. There is that. That rule may also exist for the queen in rules I have never heard of.

You've made your choice long ago, Imag. No going back.
Also random neat thing. In Québec, "Deux de pique" (meaning "two of spade") is an expression referring to someone dumb. And guess how many spade symbols Lancer has on his body?
Lol. Actually, I asked around in other places. Just to had clear out stuff from my AppData folder (I'm on Windows 8.1) & good as new!

Incidentally, read some stuff. If anyone wants to look into it, that'd be appreciated. Quoting & posting a screencap someone else posted publicly, elsewhere:

"Apparently the save screen behaves differently if you exit and boot the game before saving at any save points. having three save files in the same room but at different play times causes "PREPARATIONS ARE COMPLETE" to appear in this wonky save space."

DeltaRuneAltSaveFileScreenshotByAnonymous
Picture relavant.

"What's interesting is that if you try selling either the devilsknife or jevilstail to Seam or Rouxls they both refuse and act like they can't see the item."

Well then. That alternate save screen is spooky.

And yeah I noticed that they won't buy the Jevil items, although I assumed that it was just a generic "Not buying this" message. I guess that Toby just doesn't want you to get rid of them, especially since the Devilsknife weapon is actually Jevil himself, so that'd be weird.

Yeah. In-universe, the former court magician, & the newest puzzlemaster may not weapons with connections to an imprisoned, insane jester, be those connections be heavily resembling Jevil's own weapons, or Jevil himself.

I just finished the game and damn I really wanted Ralsei to be his own character, but it's ok. Hopefully they get to be 8-C so we can make cool matchups against AU JoJo characters.

>Jevil is the most OP guy in the game and makes Kris look like a walk in the park

>The Knight and Queen are both stronger than him

>King also bodied Kris alone, so did Susie

Is ANYONE not stronger than Kris?

Actually, is SAVE and LOAD even canon in Deltarune? I think not because Kris doesn't tell Ralsei it's a trick the second time before he heals King.

Back