• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion Thread

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Alexcar3000 said:
I'm calling it now. Pacifist will be the baddest ending ever.
I think the "only one ending" thing will probably carry over into the final product (as mentioned in Toby's Twitlonger), as that seems rather key to the ideas this game is going to convey.
It's just how you get there that's different. Kinda like how in chapter 1, the ending is always the same, but King's defeat is changed based on your actions towards the world's enemies.
What better way to do so by SMASHING in your face that your choices don't matter by killing everyone at the last moment when you thought being pacifist would grant you something ├▓wó

Undertale

You are who you choose to be.

There is always a choice and violence is not inevitable.

"You" are secretly a character the whole time, and can bend the wills of the world's inhabitants.

Deltarune

"No one can choose who they are in this world."

All roads lead to the same place.

"You" are clearly there from the beginning, but are little more than a spectator who cannot choose where the world's inhabitants end up.

Knowing Toby, I fully expect this subversion of his own subversion to be a pretty big part of the game's overarching themes.

Super ascended sean d╠Âe╠Âf╠Âi╠Ân╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Âd╠Âi╠Âd╠ ╠Ân╠Âo╠Ât╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âo╠Âk╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âr╠Âo╠Âu╠Âg╠Âh╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âf╠Âe╠Âw╠ ╠Âc╠Âu╠Ât╠Âs╠Âc╠Âe╠Ân╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âg╠Âa╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Ât╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Âp╠Âl╠Âa╠Ây╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âi╠Ât╠Â. Although i do find asriels appearance and voice change kind of weird.

DMB 1 said:
So he subversed an already "subversive" game into a... Normal and generic game?
X Files Theme Full (Illuminati) (Earrape)
X Files Theme Full (Illuminati) (Earrape)

DMB 1 said:
It makes you think it's a subversive game but subverts that by just being a game about subversing your subversions.

DMB 1 said:
To say this would be to ignore the meta narrative and how integral the very idea of something like Undertale the game is to anything Toby makes after it.

Toby making Undertale, a game all about choices and subverting an entire genre, and following it up with a game where a key theme is "your choices don't really matter because nobody actually chooses who they are" is not remotely equal to Toby creating a game that is generic because it lacks any of these themes and is simply a normal RPG about fighting some dudes and leveling up.

Read this post said:
Super ascended sean I thought the goat guy at the end is asriel.
Ralsei (obvious allusion to Asriel, his ******* name is even an anagram), not Asriel.

Asriel is Kris' brother and off at a uni, apparently. He's actually alive, this time.

I think it's a return to the form with how back in the Halloween Hack, no matter what you took, even the garrishly weird pressing B that drove you inside another section, Dr. Andronuts always died by your hands, even when you tried to save him.

I mean it made sense back in UT, where everything was underground aka in the dark, but now the tables have turned hard.

She's single, meaning Alphys literally lives in the trash again.

Although I do wonder what made her so reclusive this time around without the Amalgamate incident.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
She's single, meaning Alphys literally lives in the trash again.

Although I do wonder what made her so reclusive this time around without the Amalgamate incident.
Her being an anti-social nerd, me thinks. She wasn't a social butterfly... ever, if mettatons diary is anything to go off

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Alphys has been reduced to "my only friend is a cat that may not even exist" level.
C'mon man, she's the cool teacher. Everyone definitly loves her.

I mean there is a world of difference between being a nerd and living in the trash and having the pet equivalent of waifu as your only friend.

Back