• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion Thread

Not anytime soon, from what Toby said. Though, considering how successful DeltaRune has been in the Undertale community, I think he'll have little trouble gathering the team he wants to put together to make the full game.

Honestly I don't know why anyone hasn't calced the explosions Jevil causes in his fight since you can pixelscale the soul from the [SPOILERS] at the end of the story.

(might do it myself, honestly)

Pixelscaling the soul seems like a bad idea.

Froggit is half the size of a plane in Undertale, gg.

It was used to calc explosions in Undertale, although I'm pretty sure that has issues of its own.

If it was used and accepted then keep with the convention, but I didn't know about that and I strongly disagree with it.

Question:

Should SAVE/LOAD be treated the same way as it is in Undertale in Deltarune?

Since they're completely separate verses and we can't equalize mechanics, we don't get a lot of the explanation in DR about it being used to mess with timelines and rewind time, so what should we even consider it as?

Or *gasp* treat it as game mechanics?

@Dargoo

We don't know yet, honestly.

We know that the SOUL is the culmination of your being the same way it is in UT, but we haven't been given an in-universe explanation of SAVE/LOAD and Determination, yet.

It's highly likely it'll remain a canon function of the world, but Toby hasn't given confirmation, so it could be straight up game mechanics, in this universe.

Looking at the calc again...I'm not sure why the size of of Frisk's soul was ever even needed. Tsunder's speed was found out through directly comparing the distance covered by her to the distance covered by the lightning in pixels.

Tsunder's size can also be scaled directly to Frisk, and Frisk's size doesn't really need to be scaled from his soul...

@Azzy I mean...this is in the same multiverse as UT right? Not just from the same creator?

Then I guess there's no choice but to wait...this is probably the first time I'm going to be waiting years for a game's release.

• Toby on where Deltarune fits in with Undertale:
"I will say that basically, what you're seeing here is not the world of UNDERTALE.
UNDERTALE's world and ending are the same as however you left them.
If everyone was happy in your ending, the people in the UNDERTALE world will still be happy.
So, please don't worry about those characters, and that world. It will remain untouched.

To rephrase that, DELTARUNE's world is a different one.
With different characters, that have lived different lives.
A whole new story will happen...

I don't know what you call this kind of game.

It's just a game you can play after you complete UNDERTALE, if you want to.

That's all."

• Toby on pretty much everything else:
"There's a lot of questions I'd like to answer, too.

That's why I have to make the game.

Please wait until then."

Back