• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathly Decadence vs. Dazzling Defense: Queen the Plague and Diamond Jozu Face Off

Granted Queen can definitely take a beating so even if Jozu fights him close range it's going to take ALOT to actually take him down.

Is Jozu better at close range than Queen? I don't even remember Queen being all that impressive CQC but my memory is definitely fading me.

Ironically Queen would hit shots way easier since Jozu doesn't have like 10 years to react and dodge

For example, Queen's fire attacks are effective against Jozu's diamond defense, as diamonds are excellent conductors of heat. Queen can heat up his limbs and manipulate fire-based attacks with his Germa techniques, constantly attacking Jozu with heat until he cooks himself alive by staying in his diamond form.

This strategy is a very obvious win condition for Queen, and it's consistent with his character as a scientist.
Haki resistance...

Additionally, Queen's poison manipulation is incredibly potent, as shown when Reiju one-shots Big Mom's fodder without even penetrating their bodies or destroying their clothes. Jozu has no answer to this win condition.
By turning to Dimond he won't be poisoned...
Lastly, Queen's invisibility is another powerful advantage that Jozu has no answer to. When Queen is invisible, he becomes undetectable to observation haki users like Sanji. Jozu, (who presumably does not have better observation haki than Sanji) would not be able to sense Queen through conventional means. Since they have similar speed and stats, it's unlikely that Jozu could blitz or one-shot Queen before he decides to go invisible.
I guess that's the only one that would probably be effective

Edit: Oh... Deleted comment 🐵

Starting Distance: 40 meters

Queen has access to all of his abilities and weapons
Queen wins mid-difficulty against Jozu.

I believe that those who voted for Jozu failed to consider Queen's numerous advantages in this fight. It's disappointing to see that, besides Kachon no one really gave much thought to Queen's abilities that give him an edge over Jozu.

To clarify, I don't think that Queen can physically harm Jozu. However, Queen's true strength lies in his scientific techniques, which he can use to dominate this fight.

For example, Queen's fire attacks are effective against Jozu's diamond defense, as diamonds are excellent conductors of heat. Queen can heat up his limbs and manipulate fire-based attacks with his Germa techniques, constantly attacking Jozu with heat until he cooks himself alive by staying in his diamond form.

This strategy is a very obvious win condition for Queen, and it's consistent with his character as a scientist.

Additionally, Queen's poison manipulation is incredibly potent, as shown when Reiju one-shots Big Mom's fodder without even penetrating their bodies or destroying their clothes. Jozu has no answer to this win condition.

Lastly, Queen's invisibility is another powerful advantage that Jozu has no answer to. When Queen is invisible, he becomes undetectable to observation haki users like Sanji. Jozu, (who presumably does not have better observation haki than Sanji) would not be able to sense Queen through conventional means. Since they have similar speed and stats, it's unlikely that Jozu could blitz or one-shot Queen before he decides to go invisible.

It seems like nobody really thought about this matchup in-depth, as there was a lack of discussion on the win conditions I pointed out above.

I believe that those who voted for Jozu failed to consider Queen's numerous advantages in this fight. It's disappointing to see that, besides Kachon no one really gave much thought to Queen's abilities that give him an edge over Jozu.

To clarify, I don't think that Queen can physically harm Jozu. However, Queen's true strength lies in his scientific techniques, which he can use to dominate this fight.

It seems like nobody really thought about this matchup in-depth, as there was a lack of discussion on the win conditions I pointed out above.
This is wrong but I can't address it rn

Monkeyoflife just countered all your arguments in the post above yours.

Besides, it's already grace.

Haki resistance...

By turning to Dimond he won't be poisoned...

I guess that's the only one that would probably be effective

Edit: Oh... Deleted comment 🐵

My bad I deleted my comment as I thought it was the only way to edit what I wrote, I didn't notice this reply before doing so

Is his haki resistance good enough to stop the heat from being transferred to his body? You didn't take into account that in order to block himself with haki resistances he would need to see where queen is going to attack and how can he do so with his invisibility?

I forgot to consider that diamonds do not absorb moisture, so hypothetically jozu shouldn't be harmed by interacting with it

I dont think reply completely counters my argument
what is grace?
Grace is a the 24 hour period after one character has reached 7 votes and is 3 votes above the opponent

For instance, if the vote count is 7-0 grace starts

But if the vote count is 24-22 Grace will not start outside of incon if the thread is that long and drawn out

Grace is a the 24 hour period after one character has reached 7 votes and is 3 votes above the opponent

For instance, if the vote count is 7-0 grace starts

But if the vote count is 24-22 Grace will not start outside of incon if the thread is that long and drawn out
Are there any other terms I should be familiar with?

You didn't take into account that in order to block himself with haki resistances he would need to see where queen is going to attack and how can he do so with his invisibility?
The attacks themselves won't be invisible tho... As in the fire won't be invisible, don't fully know tho
Is his haki resistance good enough to stop the heat from being transferred to his body?
His haki could damage/negate aokiji's logia intangabilty... Also the heat won't transfer since it's already blocked by haki?

Basically this everything to know about vs matches

FRA= For Reasons above, used for votes generally

Stomp= A match where one side has to go through too many hoops in-character to win. (IE most matches with individuals such as Darth Nihilus or Oryx the Taken King. Or Crocodile to use an example from One Piece)

Decisive= A match where one character wins rock-solid but the above terms for a stomp don't apply (Example: Post-TS Blackbeard vs Primebeard)

The attacks themselves won't be invisible tho... As in the fire won't be invisible, don't fully know tho

His haki could damage/negate aokiji's logia intangabilty... Also the heat won't transfer since it's already blocked by haki?
Is that so? I thought invisibility covers everything attached to the user even weapons and attacks. Regardless it still doesn't fully account for the fact that queen can also heat up his limbs to attack jozu.

Do you need a high lvl of haki in order to damage or interact with logia intangibility? To my knowledge armament haki counters logia's regardless of the level of haki

I dont think armament haki fully negates heat, we see on many occasions (particularly with luffy) that haki users are susceptible to heat based attacks. Considering jozu hasn't shown armament haki anywhere near the lvl of post timeskip luffy I dont think that is a valid rebuttal to my argument

Last edited:
Do you need a high lvl of haki in order to damage or interact with logia intagability? To my knowledge armament haki counters logia's regardless of the level of haki
0574-008.png

Yee you do...
0050CUnetnoise_scaleLevel0x2.00g000016bit.png

すさまじき覇気と剣技は健在!!

赤犬の攻撃を受け止めるほどの覇気と、最強剣士ミホークと取り合うほどの剣の腕を持つ!!
—————————
His amazing high ki and swordsmanship are still alive and well!

He has enough high ki to catch Akainu's attack and enough sword skills to compete with the strongest swordsman, Mihawk!
The stronger haki you have, the more you will negate the ability of that specific haki user or do the opposite if you have weaker haki... Marco could hit kizaru but couldn't hit akainu
I dont think armament haki fully negates heat, we see on many occasions (particularly with luffy) that haki users are susceptible to heat based attacks.
Yee by other haki users... Those with stronger haki will resist the heat or negate your resistance

Also you say that like luffy doesn't punch with red hawk, or clad lightning on his armament haki or punch Prometheus

Me need sleep... You can discuss about this somewhere else as the match already ended awhile ago 🐵

Last edited:
You say that like luffy doesn't punch with red hawk, or clad lightning on his armament haki or punched Prometheus
A general resistance does not imply immunity, Just because luffy can pull off the feats you have listed I've already demonstrated that he is still susceptible to heat based attacks

Considering jozu has zero fire resistance feats I think its fair to say his haki is not good enough to completely negate the damage caused by queen.

And in order to imply this is a good counter to queen you would need to assume jozu has full body armament haki as queen's sparkling valkyrie has decent aoe, enough to engulf jozu's entire body.

Just a reminder that jozu is a diamond, and diamonds are extremely good at conducting heat. He's honestly the last person who should be fine after getting hit by a heat based attack.

0574-008.png

Yee you do...
0050CUnetnoise_scaleLevel0x2.00g000016bit.png

The stronger haki you have, the more you will negate the ability of that specific haki user or do the opposite if you have weaker haki... Marco could hit kizaru but couldn't hit akainu

Yee by other haki users... Those with stronger haki will resist the heat or negate your resistance

Also you say that like luffy doesn't punch with red hawk, or clad lightning on his armament haki or punch Prometheus

Me need sleep... You can discuss about this somewhere else as the match already ended awhile ago 🐵
Ok thats good to know

how does the fact that he is being attacked by other haki users change anything? He is still being burnt by the attacks meaning heat can bypass haki

Jozu in his diamond already has negative heat resistance, so there's no proof that his haki is doing anything to block out Queen's attacks.

how does the fact that he is being attacked by other haki users change anything? He is still being burnt by the attacks meaning heat can bypass haki
By them having haki, they will bypass you blocking their heat based attack with haki

Reading this page could help explain...

Jozu in his diamond already has negative heat resistance, so there's no proof that his haki is doing anything to block out Queen's attacks.
Stop bro... Not the time to be spreading your bs biases

Anyway
Me need sleep... You can discuss about this somewhere else as the match already ended awhile ago

Back