• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (5) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

ZephyrosOmega said:
Cropfist said:
Tipper17 said:
Folks don't be have a problem with the outcome
see that's what I don't get, cable has way more consistently better AP feats and plenty of other haxes besides mind control
You DID watch the Episode, right? They talk about all of Cable's hax, not just mindhax.
You mean when they mentioned Gold's super-total hard counter to illusions, perception hax, pain hax, biological hax and...technology manipulation that would neg all of his gear...

I didn't really care about the outcome of the fight since I saw it coming days before (Just for different reasons tho). I actually liked the that they didn't limited themselves into purely absusing scaling for the stats of both Cable and Booster, they also calced some for each one of them.

Here on the other hand, we have recently starterd to scale every single character that lacks stats to each other. Almost complety ignoring our guidelines towards Marvel/DC inconsistency.

Yeah, no. I think you've misunderstood me. My point wasn't to say that they are lesser than us. My point was that we operate in a different environment to them, despite having similiar goals. That's why I ended saying that it wasn't fair to hold them to the same standards. Also, I said from the getgo that when talking about fictional characters, there really isn't a true answer.

At the end of the day, no matter how earnest they are about the research or the characters, they have a show to produce. They have deadlines, they have voice acting to do, fights animation to get done and a bunch of other concerns that have no bearing on what we do on here on this site. Yes, they are being paid and they have things to get done to keep getting paychecks. That will always have an influence. There will always be the pressure from that.

We, on the other hand, are free to pour over material over and over again, FOR THE HELL OF IT. For better or worse.

Anyways I expect the shit missing for cable to be mentioned in The QnA anyways Anywho Swan is hyping Obi Wan vs Kakashi so we may have a real challenge to Goro Vs Machamp for the best fight of this season

By the way, I take back my statement on Marvel VS DC mathes. As long as they do interesting matches that were well-done like this one, I'm good. But I'd still appreciate some variety, and no street-levelers. Gimme more stuff like this, and less like Marvel/Marvel.

I think they are gonna use Legends feats, they have used pure texts such as handbooks, guidelines, and quotes/comments before to prove/calculate feats. Something like just take pages from Legends books as reference material should not be any different.

In that case, my money is on Oby.

Concerning DC and Marvel, sometimes it's difficult to find mid-range people in their hero lineup. At least for those I can see, they're either street level or fighting cosmic threats regularly. Most comic book fans definition of mid-level is characters who barely show up but do stuff regardless. Basically an Ice Man on a scale of Spider-Man to Thor.

Newendigo said:
I think they are gonna use Legends feats, they have used pure texts such as handbooks, guidelines, and quotes/comments before to prove/calculate feats. Something like just take pages from Legends books as reference material should not be any different.

In that case, my money is on Oby.
They mentioned legends feats will be be used

The blogs don't always fully express what'll show up in a DB, and Prediction Blogs are generally accurate, but 10% of the time, DB can have results that go against their beliefs. Sasuke VS. Hiei is the biggest example, but Wario VS. Dedede is another.

Well tbf it's easy to tell when the prediction blog is BS most of the time

Low 2-C wario

Just saying

That wasn't the prediction blog anyway, that was literally ultra's own research

The most the prediction blogs do is influence the black boxes that get into to address specific questions, and influence the stuff the Q&A answers. It's called "fan prediction" for a reason lol.

TartaChocholate said:
I could be wrong, but I think it's more that due to being a big show and all and time constraints it's less that they don't care or know about the arguments against them and more they can't argue with all the people that disagrees with them beyond explaining themselves via the Q&A and stuff like that. The controversial nature of the show would also lead them to be taken as petty for arguing with those don't agree with them and such, even stuff like admitting when they have gotten things wrong like in the 18 vs Cap Marvel episode gets them in hot water.
They cared after the amount of times SethTheProgrammer debunked them, lmao.

Marvel and DC have a lot points of overlap. One thing I kind feel like though that really seperates the two, is that Marvel has a lot more characters spread throught their genres. Marvel has a lot more Anti-Heroes or true morally grey characters. Also, they tend to handle their concepts a bit differently. DC tends to like to introduce whole new concepts into their stories while Marvel like to recycle and reuse past concepts in new ways. I always kind of felt that's why DC tends to do whole reboots while Marvel just kind of keeps trucking on.

Also, Marvel like to play with alternate universes a lot more. DC does do it from time to time but not like Marvel.

Jasonsith said:
Jasonsith said:
What about Punisher (Marvel Comics) vs Judge Dredd? So that Red Hood (Post-Crisis) will be killed by Winter Soldier (what are the close connections of Red Hood vs Winter Soldier anyway?)
Some people actually reminded us there is crossover issue with Batman for both verses.
And how the matchup TN looks like Punisher tanked a gun shot from Judge Dredd like a boss.
Former sidekicks who seemingly died and then came back as deadly enemies of their heroes (who have fought each other in DB) + more marvel vs dc

Dredd should fight Robocop

Leader Vladimir said:
I can't be the only one who thinks Red Hood could feasibly beat Winter Soldier.
I vastly prefer Bucky, but I don't doubt for a second that a former Batman sidekick probably has some really stupid super-EMP gadgets that stopped some Braniac tier tech or something

Sorvoe551 said:
Speed gap between DC and Marvel street levels is too big unfortunately
Honestly, I feel like the DC Street levelers haven't been featsearched enough for MHS+ feats. It needs to be featsearched again. I feel like some feats of that caliber (up to at least Mach 2-3k) could be found. I did see some Mach 1k feats for them anyway so... shrug

The worst part about DC street levelers is that sometimes they are not even portrayed as street levels. Looking at how Poison Ivy can control Superman & Superboy; Mr Freeze can freeze Superman, Batman, even Darkseid; Black Canary can defeat Amazo; Scarecrow has a Yellow Lantern, Joker is almost 5th dimensional... (ditto)

C2 of Omegon said:
Marvel and DC have a lot points of overlap. One thing I kind feel like though that really seperates the two, is that Marvel has a lot more characters spread throught their genres. Marvel has a lot more Anti-Heroes or true morally grey characters. Also, they tend to handle their concepts a bit differently. DC tends to like to introduce whole new concepts into their stories while Marvel like to recycle and reuse past concepts in new ways. I always kind of felt that's why DC tends to do whole reboots while Marvel just kind of keeps trucking on.
Also, Marvel like to play with alternate universes a lot more. DC does do it from time to time but not like Marvel.
That is were I give a hard disagree, just compare the alternative universes events of DC to Marvel.

But I do agree on the point above. In more simplified terms, Superman is virtually a perfect moralily character, always rirghteous, always brave, kind, always the one that everyone needs, never giving up his ideals, making him a perfect role model, but character that is really hard to relate with.

Spider-Man on the other hand has insecurities, has fears, issues that he masks beneath bantering, and has in many occasions thinking on the idea of just giving up, he is by far the perfect hero, but is the one that most can relate with.

Well, from the rather little I have read of Superman, this perfection is something writers have tried to exploit to give him interesting conflicts. I recall reading a story about Superman trying to balance out his life as Superman and Clark Kent and how the expectations placed on him as a Superhero meant he had to let go of his life as a person. As it went on this translated into failing at his job, letting down people he cared about at a personal level and actually messing up in his fights as he gave up his life as Clark, thinking that between "man" and "legend" the legend had to stay. It took a talk with Pa Kent to have him accept it wasn't an issue of either being Clark or Superman, or being a Superhero disguised as a person, he was both and could embrace both sides of his life. This gives Clark a confidence boost to beat the villiains and take a page from Peter Parker and take his own deeds as Superman as story material for his work as a journalist.

Supes looked surprisingly vulnerable and torubled in the story, not just acing everything like one would expect. I wouldn't say it's one of his bests or anything, but I really enjoyed it for what it was.

General rule for DC and Marvel:

DC Heroes are meant to inspire you. Marvel's are meant to be relatable. Those are the usual trends, not that they can't dive into each other's.

That and there's just a difference in tone of the their respect worlds. Marvel is much more cynical in tone. Legitimate hate groups, child killings, etc. To be frank, DC has nothing on the X-men and their representation of racisim and bigotry. Meta-humans can be a problem in DC but they don't get the level of hate that mutants get in Marvel.

Nor have their been the level of splits in superhero and superpowered communities. The biggest I can point to is Injustice, which is ultimately a different universe. That and it's pretty clear in Injustice, who is supposed right and whose supposed to wrong. Marvel on the otherhand has stuff like both Civil Wars and AvX. While they weren't handled well, in both cases, the things was that both sides have a legitimate point. It's not Good vs Evil. It's Good vs Good. Everyone wants to do good, they just can't agree on how.

Marvel also has a bigger focus on how characters react to each other. No one would say that Spider-Man isn't a hero but a lot of his teammates find him annoying. Or, in a more recent example, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Punisher. Punisher hates CGR because CGR didn't save their family despite all the time travel. What he doesn't know is the CGR tried but their family died anyway because the Watcher ensured it. CGR reasons "...because we deserved to be punished too." The confrontation ends with CGR leaving and Punisher declaring he'll kill him if he ever comes back. It's moments between charactes like that, that truly paint how the characters are and makes them seem less larger than life, and more like actual people.

The DC Universe would say: "Good always wins in the end. Everything will work out. Don't give up hope."

The Marvel Universe would say: "Good doesn't always win. Even if you try, not everything will work out. Try anyway, damnit."

That is were I give a hard disagree, just compare the alternative universes events of DC to Marvel.

But I do agree on the point above. In more simplified terms, Superman is virtually a perfect moralily character, always rirghteous, always brave, kind, always the one that everyone needs, never giving up his ideals, making him a perfect role model, but character that is really hard to relate with.

Spider-Man on the other hand has insecurities, has fears, issues that he masks beneath bantering, and has in many occasions thinking on the idea of just giving up, he is by far the perfect hero, but is the one that most can relate with.

Srry I but I find this idea of Superman Being hard to relate to be ridiculous

Srry I but I find this idea of Superman Being hard to relate to be ridiculous

Me too. Superman can be relatable and inspirational at the same time. You just need a skilled creator to do that.

C2@ The DC Vs Marvel paints pretty well on what you said, when the Avengers get to the DC universe and notice how loved is the Justice League, while the Justice get the hate and contempt of Marvel heroes.

Albeit, currently in comics it seems to be the opposite.

Tipper@ Is a general idea, obviously Clark has his times of struggle, I think he most recent stories with his familie and son John shows a lot more his human.

But in more occasions he has been written as a godlike being of unbreakable will, Superman Vs The Elite is a good example of that.

Back