• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (5) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

The Marvel vs DC matches are something I like as a Versus Debater, honestly. On this wiki, we can't figure out who would win most Marvel vs DC matchups just at a glace like we can with most matchups. Marvel vs DC isn't about who's numbers are bigger, beacause their numbers are so close.

"cable has way more consistently better AP feats"

dc herald feats say otherwise

also yeah so, it gets resisted and Booster blitzes and crushes before he can use them

see that's what I don't get, cable has way more consistently better AP feats and plenty of other haxes besides mind control

And booster has the better defense and is faster The blog before the fight summed it up

Code:
 http://g1dbteamblogs.blogspot.com/2020/04/death-battle-predictions-cable-vs.html?m=1

Cropfist said:
Sorry but your BG upgrades were debunked
Just because this wiki downplays doesn't mean i have to.

Also i never brought up BG using his forcefield offensively because I didn't know about it, and that just seals the deal (nevermind that his forcefield and gauntlets come from the same power source, but i guess that doesn't matter lol)

Sorry to burst your bubble but nobody outside of this site actually takes this site's Marvel/DC pages with any more than a grain of salt

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Do the research team of Death Battle seriously rely on prediction vlogs to determine the winner?
If that's the case, that's just sad..Not gonna lie.
Of course not. The prediction blogs are just that.

I mean, said blog also has two members of the research team (Strunton and Ultraguy) that watch it, in fact the arguments in the blog in gray's favor were things that were addressed in Gray vs Esdeath (And literally everyone on the blog said sasuke would beat hiei).

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Do the research team of Death Battle seriously rely on prediction vlogs to determine the winner?

If that's the case, that's just sad..Not gonna lie.
No they gone against what the blogs thought on who wins Sasuke vs Hiei being one of the biggest examples

BruceTheBatman said:
I hope the next battle uses less flashy powers and more intelligence. Kakashi and Kenobi (especially in legends) had a lot of clever moments of outsmarting opponents they were well below in power (Pain vs Kakashi and Grievous vs Kenobi in ROTS' novel for example).
Obi-Wan is great at trolling. He's got this in the bag.

Also i never brought up BG using his forcefield offensively because I didn't know about it, and that just seals the deal (nevermind that his forcefield and gauntlets come from the same power source, but i guess that doesn't matter lol)

Sorry to burst your bubble but nobody outside of this site actually takes this site's Marvel/DC pages with any more than a grain of salt

I don't think majority of people care what people outside of this wiki think.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:

Evidently not considering that DC is still tier 4

U might as well say most profiles here

Tipper17 said:

U might as well say most profiles here
Nah, most of the profiles here are respected, at least in my circle.

The BG updates thread was disorganized AF, the guys there were just too incompetent to have the profile with the stuff it deserves.

As for BG vs Cable, the result was right, BG is faster, Cable scaling to MFTL+ is pretty iffy, and Cable's other hax come as variations of his mental powers, meaning that BG's forcefield could take all of it.

Eficiente said:
The BG updates thread was disorganized AF, the guys there were just too incompetent to have the profile with the stuff it deserves.

As for BG vs Cable, the result was right, BG is faster, Cable scaling to MFTL+ is pretty iffy, and Cable's other hax come as variations of his mental powers, meaning that BG's forcefield could take all of it.
Then why does Cable have like, 5-A equipment? Surely he stomps with that

Normies (I mean the vast majority) usually consider their knowledge from what they see in the media they get touched with.

So likely they would consider Booster Gold (Smallville) vs Cable (FOX), which is 116,337,295.6 J vs 314,505,255.76 J. Which is why normies without vs community knowledge or verse knowledge may actually think Cable may win.

Normies (I mean the vast majority) usually consider their knowledge from what they see in the media they get touched with.

So likely they would consider Booster Gold (Smallville) vs Cable (FOX), which is 116,337,295.6 J vs 314,505,255.76 J. Which is why normies without vs community knowledge or verse knowledge may actually think Cable may win.

Knowing normies, they probably won't rely on calcs. They would probably go with feats only.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Either way it'll be interesting to see how the force and chakra will interact with each other.
I covered this when I wrote Vader VS. Madara, but I think that the Force can be compared more to Senjutsu than it does to Chakra.

Really I can't complain about the recent matchup. Made sense all things considered.

As for the next one, I'm really looking forward to Kenobi vs Kakashi. Both are mentors, the highly competant and respectable individuals of their organizations but not most powerful of them and general badasses all the way around.

Really, it just all comes down to how treat the canon and legends versions. Will they disregard one over the other? Even then, how do they evaluate the respective feats. Hearing that the animation will be done in the same style as Drac vs Ganon has me hyped though.

I could be wrong, but I think it's more that due to being a big show and all and time constraints it's less that they don't care or know about the arguments against them and more they can't argue with all the people that disagrees with them beyond explaining themselves via the Q&A and stuff like that. The controversial nature of the show would also lead them to be taken as petty for arguing with those don't agree with them and such, even stuff like admitting when they have gotten things wrong like in the 18 vs Cap Marvel episode gets them in hot water.

Things like debates about who fictional characters are always subject to intereptation on a lot of level. People will always naturally be divided about how to regard thing. I mean, I STILL meet people IRL who think SUPERMAN is OP or has infinite power or other such BS.

DB being as big as it is means they are a magnet for every person with an opinion about something that rarely has what one can call a true answer. Really, topics like this are more about HOW did you arrive at that answer than the actual answer. Problem is the casual fan or watcher will probably not regard things a such. I mean, here on site, we use profiles to maintain a standard to try and limit such things. We're not perfect, but we have a working system. DB does not share such constraints. Plus, they have an obligation to be entertaining and everything is filtered through that goal, where sites like us, the entertainment comes from the pleasure of discussion, critical thinking and analysis for characters and series we love.

For us, things are subject to change. Characters and verses are constantly being evaluated, upgraded, downgraded, standards are being reviewed, discussions about what is fair, etc. We have the mindset that you always go back and address something you consider wrong or that stuff around here is naturally fluid. DB just doesn't have that luxury. Once they give a verdict based on whatever, they just have to deal with fallout.

Honestly, it's not kind of fair to hold them completely to our standards.

C2 of Omegon said:
Things like debates about who fictional characters are always subject to intereptation on a lot of level. People will always naturally be divided about how to regard thing. I mean, I STILL meet people IRL who think SUPERMAN is OP or has infinite power or other such BS.

DB being as big as it is means they are a magnet for every person with an opinion about something that rarely has what one can call a true answer. Really, topics like this are more about HOW did you arrive at that answer than the actual answer. Problem is the casual fan or watcher will probably not regard things a such. I mean, here on site, we use profiles to maintain a standard to try and limit such things. We're not perfect, but we have a working system. DB does not share such constraints. Plus, they have an obligation to be entertaining and everything is filtered through that goal, where sites like us, the entertainment comes from the pleasure of discussion, critical thinking and analysis for characters and series we love.

For us, things are subject to change. Characters and verses are constantly being evaluated, upgraded, downgraded, standards are being reviewed, discussions about what is fair, etc. We have the mindset that you always go back and address something you consider wrong or that stuff around here is naturally fluid. DB just doesn't have that luxury. Once they give a verdict based on whatever, they just have to deal with fallout.

Honestly, it's not kind of fair to hold them completely to our standards.
This, all of this.

"Plus, they have an obligation to be entertaining and everything is filtered through that goal, where sites like us, the entertainment comes from the pleasure of discussion, critical thinking and analysis for characters and series we love. "

This isn't fair. Death Battle's analysis takes precedence over the entertainment aspect, at least behind the scenes. The idea that their discussion and research is somehow lesser than ours because it's not shown in a 15-minute episode is inherently insulting to the people whose job it is (Read: Literally paid to do this) to do research behind the scenes. Yes, Death Battle can't show EVERYTHING in one episode due to budget constraints, but the idea that entertainment comes first is i think kind of disingenuous.

Back