• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

So who does Booster Gold regularly compare to? I know he's a lesser known character and has better defense than offense, but who can he hold his own against?

Sorvoe551 said:
So who does Booster Gold regularly compare to? I know he's a lesser known character and has better defense than offense, but who can he hold his own against?
PHysically speaking, he appears to be a normal human. But he has herald-level reaction times and his shields and energy blasts can go on par with the likes of Superman. Sort of a green lantern type deal, I think.

Sorvoe551 said:
Yeah, but it still bugs me when what's shown isn't within the realm of possibility
tbf the fight didn't show anything outside the realm of possibility. He only showed one ability (Guts) and like, 3 moves (Seismic Toss, Cross Chop and Rock Smash).I may have missed a move.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Goro was just minding his own business and then here comes this homicidal Machamp to **** up his day.
Mob was just asking for directions, and only acquired a dead penalty.

Volnutt was just glaring at the city till four other robots saying "that is illegal".

Life in the death battle is not easy for anyone, one misundestanding (Or zero) and you can get charred.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Goro was just minding his own business and then here comes this homicidal Machamp to **** up his day.
Goro: (*Strolling through lair*) What a nice day. I think I'll just polish my trophies and reminisce of my past victories. Surely, it will inspire me to reclaim my title. (*Begin polishing*)

Suddenly, a wild Machamp appears!!

Machamp: Machamp! (Translation: So, I heard you've been talking shit!)

Is it weird that I wanted to see Cable fight against Trunks, instead of Booster Gold? From what I've seen on their profiles on here, they seem to be on the same level.

I would have liked Cable Vs Archer Emiya, even tho they have very few similarities.

Honestly, I prefer if they tried more Comic Vs Anime/Manga (Not limited to those only) matches, it reduces the monotony of DC Vs Marvel while still using the characters, and as Ben said in the Death Battle Cast of War machine Vs Genos, their rarity makes them more interesting.

EJthe24th said:
Is it weird that I wanted to see Cable fight against Trunks, instead of Booster Gold? From what I've seen on their profiles on here, they seem to be on the same level.
I honestly wouldn't mind that matchup

Newendigo said:
Honestly, I prefer if they tried more Comic Vs Anime/Manga (Not limited to those only) matches, it reduces the monotony of DC Vs Marvel while still using the characters, and as Ben said in the Death Battle Cast of War machine Vs Genos, their rarity makes them more interesting.
I agree with this sentiment

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Sorvoe551 said:
Yeah, but it still bugs me when what's shown isn't within the realm of possibility
tbf the fight didn't show anything outside the realm of possibility. He only showed one ability (Guts) and like, 3 moves (Seismic Toss, Cross Chop and Rock Smash).I may have missed a move.
It also used Knock Off (to remove the Dragon Fangs), and Dynamic Punch (the final blow to Goro)

For the next fight, what does it take for Cable to access his full potential? If he can use it, then he can probably overpower BG's shields. But if it takes too much effort, then it won't be considered

Sorvoe551 said:
For the next fight, what does it take for Cable to access his full potential? If he can use it, then he can probably overpower BG's shields. But if it takes too much effort, then it won't be considered
Well if you take Cable at his full potential, you gotta consider Booster Gold as Waverider.

Additional question, what does BG have to do to become Waverider? I ask because if either combatant requires a lot of hoops to be jumped through to power up (Captain Marvel to Binary, Esdeath ISCIC, etc) or were one time things (Heart of the Universe Thanos) then the forms may not be considered

So I looked into Waverider and found this on Wikipedia:

"A third version of the character first appeared in Convergence: Booster Gold #2 (July 2015) as a reborn version of the pre-Flashpoint Booster Gold. After his transformation, he is instrumental to saving the multiverse in Convergence #8. His powers are the same as the original Waverider, but his knowledge and history are Booster Gold's."

Then...

"As the pre-Flashpoint Booster Gold is dying due to excessive time travel, his son, Rip Hunter, has the New 52 Booster take him to Vanishing Point, where [Pre-Flashpoint] Booster is taken to a secret room. [Pre-Crisis BG] surrenders his body to the time stream and emerges as a new version of Waverider."

So yeah, since this was a more recent thing and is way different from the usual Booster, Waverider's probably not going to be considered

But even if the Booster Gold cannot become one Waverider, what stops him from summoning one from another timeline?

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I thought one of the rules was no outside help?
That does not stop Doctor fate from using Fusion Fate. That only stops Doctor Strange from merging with Death or Eternity I suppose.

Which means all versions of Booster Gold can come to fight all versions of Cable.

Back