• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (2) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Apparently regarding next fight::

- It's a match that no one's expecting - It is not a hotly requested matchup - It's a unique match - Arguably weak connection but it still has one.

Tipper17 said:

- It's a match that no one's expecting - It is not a hotly requested matchup - It's a unique match - Arguably weak connection but it still has one.
That sounds like that match is either going to be awesome or filler imo.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Tipper17 said:

That sounds like that match is either going to be awesome or filler imo.
Do we know that invovles some super obscure verse? (Like involving a franchise not in the US or Japan)?

Also, someone from DBW said Luis Cruz said that the next battle will be in 2D hand drawn, 3D model or live action - aka not 2D animated sprite battle.

So it could be amazing as Captain Falcon vs Johnny Cage, I hope that this means franchises that did not appear in Death Battle or characters so obscure as a whole even in popular franchises.

PuasLuisZX said:
Back to the Future, maybe that counts as an outlandish and obscure verse in terms on versus debate?
They are... pretty weak in terms of combat. Is there another similarly weak verse that actually compares?

Or... does Doraemo vs Chimpui count as a "unique match"? (I am working on a Chimpui profile btw. Backbone done so just need to collect more gadgets to make an official profile.)

Or would Death Battle consider non-US, non-Japan verses obscure? (Speaking of some Korean or Hong Kong franchises - there are a bunch of them.)

For the coming Community Death Battle being another joke battle of cereal mascots... I have some interesting findings but not sure if I should post them in the Fandom blog here or Death Battle Wiki. (with pictures of course)

Popular opinion on DBWiki, and by popular opinion I mean I theory crafted and others seem to be agreeing with me in that tge next match is likely Magneto Vs. Silver the Hedgehog, Magneto Vs. Tetsuo Shima, Silver Vs. Cable/Trunks, or Cable Vs. Terminator.

I personally think Silver VS Magneto is it. But I suppose we'll see in around 9 hours.

I really hope Magneto fights Accelerator, personally. Though I also don't really want a comic fight again so quickly after the first 2 of this season.

Silver the Hedgehog VS Magneto (Marvel Comics) is like... how many and how much are the close connections?

Also, how unpopular is Bolt Crank? In Asian communities he is much compared with Tetsuo Shima (Manga) but in Western communities Tetsuo is more pitted against Magneto (which, by AP difference and speed and yada yada Tetsuo should win quite easily).

... Would Danny Phantom vs Magneto be actually a thing? Because even Liam Swan could spot that Danny Phantom stomps hard in AP and speed against Jake Long just as the idea came out right on the Death Battle Cast.

While the crew appreciate that Danny Phantom vs Magneto is more interesting in vs debate sense than Danny Phantom vs jake Long. (The fan community also says Danny Phantom vs Yusuke Urameshi is a thing but I don't know about what the crew think.)

For the Raisin Bran Sun vs Captain Crunch vs Count Chocula vs Lucky charms Leprechaun Community Death Battle, does Lucky Charms Leprechaun stomp hard? I sure think so.

The whole point of the next match is poor connections, which is why I feel it's Silver Vs. Mags along with all of the other hints. Though Danny Vs. Magneto could be it actually

Spoiler
War Machine straight up has the massive AP advantage and speed blitzes Genos, and has a massive durability advantage. There's no way Genos will be able to harm him.

Spoiler-free review of Jason vs Leo:

-Decent research. We know they're better than what they say, but they still did their best with what they had.

-Leo was a weird composite of all of his base forms from different eras (4Kids, 2012, and Rise were referenced the most) since "none are technically the main version."

-2D animation was pretty good, action was fun.

-Jason's VA was spot on. Leo's voice was about two notes too deep for my taste, but the attitude was still there.

-Next time is the battle of the machine boys who keep upgrading themselves to try and match the protagonist and never quite manage it. Should be fun.

Ep 122 Spoiler
Can't understand. Screwattack has Planet level Jason Lee Scott but not Planet level Tommy Oliver. No shit they say no zords are needed, nor they bother allowing Leonardo's Odachi. Hell Leo's arguably screwed even busting out his dragon form.
Poor Tommy Oliver though. By such logic Dragonzord should have defeated Mechagodzilla (Millennium).
Ep 123 Spoiler
War Machine (Marvel Comics) vs Genos... Sidekicks to their master, both has a mech suit (Genos' is more his body part)
Genos survives longer here than against Cyborg (Post-Flashpoint) though.
Also, this is one episode which is swapped with the original 4th episode.

^ Eh, but Rangers are FTL and as far as I know Goji characters are at a slower speed rating in terms of combat speed.

Also, next time ******* sucks IMO but it's whatever. Would've preferred a better Marvel combatant and Silver to finallu debut

Ep 122 Spoiler
At frigging last, dude... Pretty happy that they finally got a break. Secret formula? Don't rely on mechas, fight yourself >=V
Ep 123 Spoiler
Poor Genos is destined to job in all his fights
</div>

Back