• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (2) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

The poll for Community Death Battle - Cereal Mascots Battle Royale is out

And looks like only I have made comments for Count Chocula. (I have made comments for every of the 4 characters in fact.)

No surprise almost every one is thinking Raisin Bran Sun wins just because he is called a sun. Or Lucky Charms Leprechaun should win because of magic. (It surprises me in particular some actually think Captain Crunch can win tho.)

Honestly, Genos vs War Machine was failed potential imo. OPM is my favourite anime and I love Genos, but War Machine stomps badly. Even Awakened Garou would have a hard time defeating War Machine. Why not Genos vs 2B? They are perfect for each other and it's an even battle...

Madotsuki24 said:
Honestly, Genos vs War Machine was failed potential imo. OPM is my favourite anime and I love Genos, but War Machine stomps badly. Even Awakened Garou would have a hard time defeating War Machine. Why not Genos vs 2B? They are perfect for each other and it's an even battle...
Because Raiden VS. 2B exists.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Madotsuki24 said:
Because Raide VS. 2B exists.
Technically Noctis vs 2B has existed as well (Battle of Square Enix black-suited sword users - a massive stomp in Noctis' favor tho).

And back to topic, if so many people are smart enough to learn War Machine stomps so hard, I really question more (no offense but still) on why quite some people requested for Cyborg vs Genos, which is even a much more massive stomp.

> raiden already had an episode so he shouldn't return

did you forget leo vs jason lol

also, genos vs raiden is a win for genos. we found relativstic-light speed feats for him

Ik that Genos is FTL. Also, I feel like Leo vs Jason was dumb as well, considering that Leo does not deserve to have three Death Battle episodes. I'm okay with returning characters, as long as they have more to offer and they haven't already been a returning character. Imo, two is enough, no more than two should be given to a combatant.

Madotsuki24 said:
Ik that Genos is FTL. Also, I feel like Leo vs Jason was dumb as well, considering that Leo does not deserve to have three Death Battle episodes. I'm okay with returning characters, as long as they have more to offer and they haven't already been a returning character. Imo, two is enough, no more than two should be given to a combatant.
>Genos is FTL

NickYoungPuzzled.gif

I wonder if Rooster teeth is intentionally saving some super popular matchups to release over time so that the whole Death Battle show may have a longer lifespan. And since lots of new fictional shows are up so there will always be commemoration matchups or even "Death Battle curse" matchups to go for.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Spoiler
War Machine still blitzes, and the fact Genos forgets to always keep his guard up makes this much worse for him.
Spoiler
Genos can be argued to scale to Flashy Flash's speed (17% light speed), if you really push it.
Genos latest key has fought him shortly and came out in one piece, he's also a rival to Sonic who has matched a casual Flash, even landing a hit on him. (but due to Flashy's nature it's impossible to tell how hard he was going on them.) Not that it really matters in this battle, TBF.

Genos is FTL because he scales to Sonic who scales to Flash who can use lightspeed slashes whilst holding back. Also, Awakened Cockroach is FTL and Genos could react and defeat him.

Madotsuki24 said:
Genos is FTL because he scales to Sonic who scales to Flash who can use lightspeed slashes whilst holding back. Also, Awakened Cockroach is FTL and Genos could react and defeat him.
Man takes this out of context and you'd think some crossover shenanigans were happening.

those aren't the reasons why i think Genos is FTL. It's because he dodged and moved in tandem with G4's lasers in the anime. They're stated to be light, disperses,and in the manga burn off objects. i belive they should qualify for light speed imo. but its up to interpretation

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Madotsuki24 said:
Man takes this out of context and you'd think some crossover shenanigans were happening.
I honestly laughed at that comment you made and I rarely laugh! xD

Madotsuki24 said:
You know, Sonic scales down from the 2 ninjas and the 2 ninjas are scale down from Flashy Flash.

Genos FTL based on webcomic scaling? :/

Leo vs Jason QnA time:

If you didn't want to use things besides the usual arsenal, why did you give Leo the teleporting odachi? They debated it heavily with the research team, but ultimately decided that because no form of Leo is truly the one canon one, they composited him to make it more fair (they addressed that original comic Leo is almost nothing like what he is now) while removing things that are too far out there.

The animation was a lot more stylized than most, what was the inspiration? This was more a question for Luis, who wasn't there, but Samgave the answer of "the games and the feel of the 90s."

Why weren't Jason's Zeo Gold abilities considered? They were (since they think all Rangers scale to each other because of the Grid connection), but they wanted to focus on Red Ranger Jason since that was the classic 90s match up.

You said Leo could move as fast as lightning, but he was aim dodging the creature's hand. Shouldn't that mean he's slower? They never explicitely said he was as fast as lightning, but that he reacted to somebody shooting lightning. The speed they gave him was Mach 166, which is not lightning speed.

Why wasn't this Jason vs Raphael, doesn't that fit better? That's just because they're both red.

Why didn't you mention that Jason's teleportation and gun was better than Leo's stuff? These fights should be longer and have more analysis. They don't have the money for ridiculouly big episodes like that and too much analysis alienates the general audience, which they want to avoid.

How come Leo's stealth wasn't utilized more? He could totally kill Jason from the shadows before he even morphs. Maybe, but then they would be manufacturing a specific scenario where a character is guaranteed to win. They try to be as general as possible.

Why do you keep making fun of Michaelangelo? It's always said he has the most potential, so that makes him the best. No it doesn't, that just means he has the most opportunity for growth. He's too much of an idiot to take advantage of it.

Will you ever have a PR not from the MM era? Ben thinks it would be a good idea to branch out, but nothing is firm yet.

Someone also asked why the "FIGHT" isn't there anymore, but that's already been answered.

Further confirmed:

At some point, Cereal Mascot Battle Royale will happen.

Basically Captain Crunch vs Raisin Bran Sun vs Lucky Charms Leprechaun

Next time on Community Death Battle:

Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia

6 Pokemon out of all Ash's collection v 6 summons from all 12 (?) of Lucy's collection.

So DB has money constraints limiting what they can do with each episodes? I mean, it's kinda obvious now that it was brought up, but still kinda sucks to know the research efforst are hindered by that.

So, uh... why was the "FIGHT!" announcer removed?

TartaChocholate said:
So DB has money constraints limiting what they can do with each episodes? I mean, it's kinda obvious now that it was brought up, but still kinda sucks to know the research efforst are hindered by that.
So, uh... why was the "FIGHT!" announcer removed?
It's not that the research itself is hindered by the budget, but it's what they can actually show in the episode. Case in point, Ben only using a couple aliens in Ben VS. Green Lantern.

It's not that the research itself is hindered by the budget, but it's what they can actually show in the episode. Case in point, Ben only using a couple aliens in Ben VS. Green Lantern.

The "FIGHT!" announcement was removed so that they hope the simulation would look more like a movie shot than a game show and therefore make it more cinematic.

Speaking of which, Ash vs Lucy (basically any Death Battle of notable summoners) has a big issue on what they can summon. Should that be a Death Battle episode it is likely prepared as a premiere or finale where animators can really have sufficient time on doing their work. And the matchup has to be very well-requested.

And yeah when is Ash Ketchum vs Nate Adams dying? And Pikachu vs Jibanya as Death Battle or DBX whatever.

But how comfortable will Rooster Teeth will give Lucy Continental Fairy Sphere though?

I do not think Pikachu would be given Blue Orb (but if he does, then even Continental Lucy would be screwed). Nevertheless Pikachu should have Z-Moves and Gigantamax form, and should definitely scale above Tyranitar and Metagross.

If the crew follow our benchmarks, Celestial Spirit King and likely Lucy herself with advanced magic destroys a floating cube and Ash's ace Pokemon scale above busting a god damn mountai.

What do you guy think of Black Racer vs God Emperor Doom? Both villains who were the one's responsible for permanently killing the main antagonist of their series (God Emperor Doom permanently killed Thanos and Black Racer permentally killed Darkseid) and are both the Gods of death which kill you by just touching them.

Back