• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the match is out for everyone now, so no need for spoiler censorship imo.

Either way after re-watching the match, I agree it could've been better but tbh I think a lot of folks (at least in the Vs community) are burned out of DB with their questionable picks this season to really care.
yeah they should've went with the sprites from the OMM instead making a custom sprites for Lee

Last edited:

Z Broly is being included, soooo I guess this means no using Z Broly for a separate battle.

Z Broly is being included, soooo I guess this means no using Z Broly for a separate battle
i doubt they'll fully include Z broly just as best a comparison to the Super version while they'll rely on his Super version for his feats
Sanji only got scaled to the movie feat zoro did but they got his speed scailing from base luffy beginning of post time skip

Any bets on what the season premiere will be? It’ll most likely be something that a lot of people wanted. I’m willing to bet Cole vs Alex, Discord vs Bill Cipher, or even Joker vs Giorno. It is very likely that Galactus vs Unicron will be the season finale.

Okay, here are my preferred giant monster battles (by preferred, these were the best ones I can think of, where everyone gets a different opponent.)

5. Tiamat vs Alduin: (Two banished dragons who were once worshiped by cults, and are out to return to power. Alduin's proper opponent is Deathwing, but this allows DnD to have representation.

4. Mothra vs Rayquaza: (Two monster guardians of earth who are worshipped as gods. This is Mothra's most appropriate opponent, although I'd love to see Rayquaza fight Ridley.)

3. SpaceGodzilla vs Deoxys: (Psychic space monsters mutated from extraterrestrial energies. This one is a stretch, and as mentioned earlier, Deoxys should probably fight Super Skrull.)

2. King Ghidorah vs Fin Fang Foom: (Space dragons. They both destroy stuff... honestly that's the most that's needed in my opinion. I know Deathwing is Ghidorah's most popular opponent, but I really think the next one makes more sense.)

1. Destoroyah vs Deathwing: (Two demonic dragons. That's it, and again that's all that's needed. I will say that I personally think Alduin is Deathwing's best opponent, but I think Destoroyah's best opponent is Deathwing, and I'm a Godzilla fanboy.)

Bonus: Ridley vs Vilgax

Well on the bright side, he'll get to reunite with his master in the afterlife
Not just that.
Boomstick straight out said Rock Lee can find Neji early.

And guess what? More and more Orange Man characters are going to die. To celebrate the downfall of an irrelevant orange man on behalf of AT&T.

Sakura Haruno will die to Rin Tohsaka, Amy Rose, Ruika, Tifa and Nami. Madara will die to Aizen. Kaguya may win against Ragyu or even Yhwach. Orochimaru may die to Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater). Obito may die to Vader.
Why Boa vs Tsunade? neither has any connections especially from a superficial standpoint
Lucky enough Boa Hancock will die upon Medusa (Fate/Stay Night)

i mean Red-Hulk could fight Atrocitus it is a popular Marvel vs DC fight
Atrocitus wins in almost all of his matchups right?

I really hope Mega Man X fights Samus Aran, KOS-MOS fights Noel Vermillion and Aigis fights A2 or Chise or whoever not Noel.

And I guess Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer is highly likely for Season 8 premiere. If not for Shulk vs Lightning.

Founded this comment on Youtube:
"Agreed. On a more positive note, though, this matchup can also be seen as a weird "passing-the-torch" sort of moment; Sanji VS Rock Lee has been a popularly-discussed matchup way before both characters were as powerful or old as they are now. Rock Lee and his theme of hard work surpassing born talent were thrown to the wayside a long time ago, but it was relatively recently revealed that Sanji was the only one of his siblings not to be a genetic super-soldier but still ended up surpassing all of them with his own hard-trained strength and skill alone (he explicitly whupped Yonji 1-v-1 and his other brothers only beat him by ganging up on him 3-v-1 and/or underhandedly taking advantage of his feelings for women, and this was all when they had Raid Suits boosting their abilities while Sanji himself lacked one). Even now, Sanji's taking on Yonko Commanders like King with the only artificial equipment he has being the Raid Suit that only really supports and boosts his hard-earned strength and skill anyway. Even the few mystical powers Sanji does have, Observation and Armament Haki, are directly tied to his willpower and hard training that he forged before and over the timeskip, something Lee would no doubt give a thumbs-up to. In a way, Sanji besting Lee fist-to-foot can be symbolic of him taking up Lee's thematic mantle of besting mystical powers and prodigal talent with sheer hard work and willpower, especially with Lee's story pretty much ended in the current Boruto storyline while Sanji's journey honing his culinary and kickboxing skills with the Strawhats is far from over."

That is- surprisingly heartwarming. I like it! Seeing more ideas like that (and Eddie Brock practically adopting Crona) are things I like more than the actual fights sometimes

man the Narutoverse has to be one of the most ****** over franchise in DB
Gaara lost a fight he should've won in season 2
Jiraiya lost to Roshi due to Super upgrades
Sasuke lost a fight that may have been right in hindsight
Kakashi lost to Legends Obi-Wan
and now Lee even with a hypothetical 8 gates
like if sasuke and gaara won there fights they would've been 4-4

Unless Jiraiya has something to stack up to Moon busting I’m pretty sure he would’ve lost even without Super Roshi.

Honestly Toph beating Gaara is probably their most blatantly incorrect verdict in the history of the show.

Villains. Pain wins the few I see him up against, Madara beats Aizen, and Orochimaru beats Medusa. Heroes (besides Naruto himself) almost undoubtedly lose tho.
I doubt if Orochimaru beat Medusa Gorgon, and I am quite sure Madara Uchiha (not comparable to Kaguya) will lose to Sosuke Aizen (actually trading blows with Yhwach).

I mean boner pills are just dick therapy

Also why didn’t they do a Blue Apron ad on the one match about cooking?
They did introduce a mental therapy firm for the salty Naruto fans gone mad after so many Orange Man characters losing in the Death Battle matches.

Tsunade’s big MU is actually Cynthia. Never seen Boa as one.
Also Sakura...kinda beats Rukia? That one is debatable. She loses the rest though.
The biggest opponent against Boa Hancock is Rider (Fate/stay night).

I am fine with the outcome of the fight. But 13x FTL Sanji......really???
Wait, why is that the problem?
Because One Piece do have FTL+ speed feats but just not from that "Luffy who effortlessly dodging laser beams from a robot-man-bear-guy" feat. I can calculate very soon it is an easy one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back