• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Fish/sea animal, maybe Ecco the dolphin or a big fish.
Either that or a notably weak character/one with untapped potential, I know fire emblem has those.

What subreddit is that from?

Also, for the sake of matchups, can anyone think of examples of this very specific archetype: The Main Protagonist dies in an alternate timeline, and as such an Antagonist or Rival steps up to fight against a greater evil. I know this is an extremely specific, but I'm looking for matchups.
Idk, but it sounds more interesting than most alternate timeline shit I've heard of, especially if the Antagonist steps up to be the hero. That doesn't happen often.

Yeah an antagonist or rival stepping up to save the day when the protag dies sounds like something (especially fans of shonen and comics) a lot of folks would love.

Making it a "what-if" situation also allows for more creative liberties too.

So I found this on discord:
Untitled2_20201214120804.png

[Not sure what to think of the fight, the fight was very short, so the gates were rushed through and the VA’s weren’t amazing (mostly Lee’s) the end was decent, the songs a bop and I liked the sprites overall not as good as JvSW, BGvC or even Esdeath vs Gray, only ok.]

okay the Sanji vs Lee battle did one thing exactly as i wanted to:
i wanted them to include Sanji's "handsomisation kick" and they did it, but the result caught me off guard so hard, that i had to stop video laughing my butt off

Did Death Battle just advertise THERAPY to people?! I mean, that's great and a lot of people need that, but that is not what I expected from the guys who have been advertising beer and boner pills the rest of the season.

IIRC Blue Apron took a major hit from the lockdown and now can't operate on a national scale anymore.

Not that it matters to me I don't even live in US, so no beer or boner pills for yours truly.

CopenFights.jpg

I did one for Gunvolt, so it's only fair I do one for Copen.

The One: Archer (Fate/stay night). I already explained it before, but here it is again. White hair and a red outfit are obvious, but there's also the fact that both are pretty weak unless they use weapons they've copied from others. They also inherited their beliefs from their fathers (Archer wanting to be a Hero of Justice and Copen wanting to destroy all Adepts), but eventually threw away those beliefs after many years of battle (Unknown amounts for Archer and over a century for Copen).

Good Alts: I haven't watched RWBY, but from what I can tell Adam Taurus is basically an inverse of Copen's archetype, while still remaining more of a rival than a major villain like Magneto. He's probably Copen's most popular matchup, and I can see why. General Grievous is a hunter of supernatural beings without having their powers, similar to Copen himself. They both hunt groups of supernaturally powerful people while basically just being really skilled and having mechanical enhancements themselves, as well as the weapons of fallen enemies. Unlike Adam, Grievous shares that his hatred of what he hunts with Copen (At least in the non-iX timeline). Coincidentally, the biggest thorn in both's side is someone commonly associated with the color blue. Both are great matchups, and debatably are better than Archer.

Fine?: Batman and Iron Man are basically the same for this matchup. Like Copen, they're basically regular guys with a lot of money and brains. Batman has the bigger similarity of being distrusting of those with supernatural powers, while Iron Man is more similar in the way he uses mechanical armor to fight. There are better matchups for everyone involved, really. If either one comes back they probably aren't just fighting a random who.

Eh: Proto Man. This also includes every variation of Proto Man (So I guess just ProtoMan.EXE). They're both red ability copiers that use shields. Chaud (The guy who uses ProtoMan.EXE) also was likely an inspiration for Copen's design.

No Thanks: Ray. It's better than Copen fighting someone like Beck, but honestly Gunvolt vs MN9 matches in general are eh at most for me.

He's a famed Jedi Hunter who hates the Jedi with a passion, and the Jedi legitimately fear him (Well, fear to the extent they can without breaking the Jedi Code and all that). It's weird to think of Grievous as essentially a badass normal, but that's kinda what he is. The main thing he has over the Jedi he beats are is skill and tactics. Also really good armor.

He's a famed Jedi Hunter who hates the Jedi with a passion, and the Jedi legitimately fear him (Well, fear to the extent they can without breaking the Jedi Code and all that). It's weird to think of Grievous as essentially a badass normal, but that's kinda what he is. The main thing he has over the Jedi he beats are is skill and tactics. Also really good armor.
So General Grievous vs.

......Garou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back