• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the one Pokemon I hope gets on Death Battle. I believe one of the former researchers said they’re unlikely to consider many Pokemon outside of Gen 1, however.
So essentially more Kanto pandering? with the only exceptions being ubiquitous mons that act like pseudo-mascots (e.g Lucario).

Then again its was stated by a former so who knows DB might be more open to other gens? (but maybe that's just wishful thinking).

Agreed. They'll progbably put X up against Blue Beetle though just because. I remember hearing at a Q&A someone asked about returning fighters and Ben used Samus vs Megaman as a direct example I think. I have no idea where I saw that though, so.
Jaime is likely to be put up against a Megaman, but it’s more often than not Geo Stelar, not X.

Do you guys think Deoxys is popular enough to ever get involved in a Death Battle?
Yes. Of the non G1 Pokemon capable of getting in, Deoxys is one of them, alongside Rayquaza, Darkrai, and Zygarde. I’ve seen Cynthia matchups but she’s a human, not a Pokemon. On a related note, whatever mons Ash brings in, because that’s not just Kanto.

They've said they'd use Super Broly more since he's canon and they won't have to figure out anime-only Toei feats. That doesn't mean Super Broly can't come back at some point to kick Asura's teeth in

They've said they'd use Super Broly more since he's canon and they won't have to figure out anime-only Toei feats. That doesn't mean Super Broly can't come back at some point to kick Asura's teeth in
it still the OG version of the character and was one that was supposed to fight the hulk back in 2016 before doomsday took over

X vs Samus given it's both fighter most popular matchup ssuming they bring Samus back
Kosmos is kinda a Who at this point
Not just is KOS-MOS a "who" but a powerful beautiful "who" who has close connections with Noel Vermillion (both artificial human ladies who wield immense firepower and really crazy hax). Since there is nothing to discuss at versus standpoint at Noel Vermillion vs Aigis, Noel and Aigis can be freed to fight against other characters.

And yeah Mega Man X is fighting Samus Aran. Also Blue Beetle is winning no matter fighting Rex Salazar or Star Force Mega Man.
And yet... Does DC Cyborg have good connections with other cyborg/android characters? The close connections among Android 17, Cyborg and Genos are meh.

it still the OG version of the character and was one that was supposed to fight the hulk back in 2016 before doomsday took over
Will it sound kind of cheap for a Broly to be used with a depowered version just to return and be sacrificed to quench the audience's wrath?

MFTL+173.3333 c One Piece. Naisu.
8df92056-626e-4dbf-ac41-3fdeaaca1749

I have many questions of that yet I wonder if that speed makes sense for the verse.

Sanji won, for basically the same reasoning most of the blog verdicts gave. Lee stood no chance pre 8th gate, and even with 8th, he's more likely to die to the time limit before landing the needed hit on Sanji.

questions
how was the fight?
What were the stats?
Essentially as we thought Sanji's speed and stamina outlasted the temporary power advantage Lee got from the eighth gate, the animation was good but nothing special and from what I could gather Sanji was 6-C possibly higher/FTL speed while Lee (8th gate) was likely high 6-A/relv+ speed (gets stat stomped outside 8th gate tho).

Tl;dr Sanji would've blitzed and killed Lee long before he could go 8th gate but animation =/= simulation.

It sucks that majority of the hype is basically dead for this match and Hulk vs Broly.

Only the hiveminds on reddit and twitter seem to care at all
they shouldn't have spoiled the finale a week before this fight came out
It still should've been Asura and not Hulk
agreed
Essentially as we thought Sanji's speed and stamina outlasted the temporary power advantage Lee got from the eighth gate, the animation was good but nothing special and from what I could gather Sanji was 6-C possibly higher/FTL speed while Lee (8th gate) was likely high 6-A/relv+ speed (gets stat stomped outside 8th gate tho).

Tl;dr Sanji would've blitzed and killed Lee long before he could go 8th gate but animation =/= simulation.
i see

Spoiler-free review of Sanji vs Rock Lee:

-Stats were pretty interesting for both. Other sources definitely put them higher (One Piece movies were not used), but they did a decent job.

-Animation was decent. They felt rigid at times, but as the fight went on, it got better.

-I can't be the only one who thought Lee sounded like Dante Bosco, right? I know it isn't him, but I just couldn't shake the thought. Sanji's VA sounded pretty good, but I never really watched One Piece and definitely not in English.

-Final blow was ridiculously brutal and I approve entirely.

-Do I even need to say anything about next time? You already know.

Man, I was getting hyped and more hopeful that Lee was going to win the moment the Hidden Lotus was used, and when he used the Gate of Death. But I fear came true as Lee dies an horrible death. I like the battle, but not the outcome as I wanted Lee to win.

Spoiler-free review of Sanji vs Rock Lee:

-Stats were pretty interesting for both. Other sources definitely put them higher (One Piece movies were not used), but they did a decent job.

-Animation was decent. They felt rigid at times, but as the fight went on, it got better.

-I can't be the only one who thought Lee sounded like Dante Bosco, right? I know it isn't him, but I just couldn't shake the thought. Sanji's VA sounded pretty good, but I never really watched One Piece and definitely not in English.

-Final blow was ridiculously brutal and I approve entirely.

-Do I even need to say anything about next time? You already know.

The voice actor of Rock Lee was Mark Philips from RdcWorld1 on YouTube.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back