• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png

Edit
Okay so I realized those death's up close.
Nathan is B, Starlight is C, and Deep is B.

Okay now that we know this season has 16 episodes
lets go over the matches that will happen
Yoda vs Meta Knight
Ryuko vs Shadow
Link vs Cloud 2
Dr Doom vs Luthor/Gilgamesh
Star vs Steven
Mikasa vs Blake
Dio vs Alucard
Galactus vs Unicron
Kool-Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage
Madara vs Aizen

Guess the six matches

Do you know a matchup that's actually been really growing on me?

ThornsAndFangs.jpg

Miriam vs Gunvolt takes everything I love about all of Gunvolt's best matchups and puts them into one match. Like K', Miriam is one of the greatest creations of a group, specifically the Alchemists guild, like how Gunvolt is one of Sumeragi's greatest creations. Like Shovel Knight, they're both indie characters who are great successors to their inspirations while retaining their own identity. They also have additional similarities that I won't get into right now (Mainly due to spoilers).

As for who wins, while it may seem cut and dry depending on if you use Curse of the Moon or not (Miriam stomping if it is used and Gunvolt stomping if it isn't). However, our Bloodstained pages are... questionable at best. To make a long story short, Ritual of the Night is probably a lot stronger (So many feats, albeit many of them are probably invalid), while Curse of the Moon may or may not be weaker considering some of the moon feats are refutable. Except the one where Zangetsu deadass cuts the moon in half. That's... kinda difficult to refute.

OK so maybe it's a Moon level character against a character who's Large Mountain at best (And that's using things against this wiki's rules). Espesially since DB would absolutely use Curse of the Moon for the same reason they included Z Broly in Hulk vs Broly (Not to mention it's debatably more popular than it's metroidvania counterpart).

The fight would be really cool, though. Miriam fights with variety, having ten types of weapons and shards giving her great magical prowess, summons, transformations, etc. Meanwhile, all Gunvolt has is his Septima, his dart gun, and his Martial Arts skills. We have someone with an entire toolbox vs someone with the strongest hammer in a world of nails. Gunvolt can deal with variety, his main rival has Mega Man-esque ability copying after all, though he has nothing to get past the gap in power.

I've decided to make my dream season, basically the season with the matches that i want, i will explain every reason why i want every of these matches to happen

1. Nijimura Okuyasu vs Kazuma Kuwabara (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure vs YuYu Hakusho)
I love both part 4 and YuYu Hakusho, and these series wouldn't be the same without their not smartest, but definetly most hot-blooded delinquents, Kuwabara and Okuyasu. I think the animation for this one will be great and creative, i imagine one scene, where Okuyasu tries to use The Hand to erase Kuwabara, but he cuts through The Hand's space erasure with his sword. This will be definetly a fun fight.
2. Combo Man vs Composite Superman (Marvel vs DC)
It feels like in every DB season there's always a Marvel vs DC fight, but this one will probably be the best. Both of these characters are basically the mix of all the other Marvel and DC characters with a shit ton of abilities. Just seeing how both of them use their abilities to counter each other would be hella fun. If we need another Marvel vs DC episode, then this should be the one.
3. Yoda vs Jubei (Blazblue vs Star Wars)
Wise and small mentors, Jubei basically obliterates Yoda, but the fight would be fun and would definetly work better than Meta Knight vs Yoda, speaking about Meta Knight...
4. Zero vs Meta Knight (Kirby vs Mega Man X)
Two of the most badass sword wielding rivals from platforming videogames. This is definetly a legacy match, probably the most themathic one on the list. This fight has a great music and animation potential. I hope it will happen.
5. Hakurei Reimu vs VIVIT-99 (Touhou vs Seihou)
I mean c'mon, Seihou was based on Touhou. Basically two protagonists of two of the most memorable shoot'em ups on PC-98. Yeah, the connections might suck, but this match is super themathic. Also since this is a battle with a Touhou character, then the music m u s t be one of the best.
6. Extreme Dinosaurs vs Street Sharks
The first fight on the list that just needs to be hand-drawn. Two anthropomorphic animal teams that were the most badass TMNT rip-offs created by Mattel. Chad expressed interest in making this episode, so i'm just hoping this will happen one day, also i imagine a Jon vs Sabrewulf type kill, where one of the combatants tears other combatant's head off with teeth.
7. Skullomania vs Skull Man (Street Fighter vs Mega Man)
Basically a joke match, possibly a halloween match. Two skeleton-themed characters with a similiar name made by Capcom. I don't really know what else should i add, i just kinda like this fight.
8. Simon The Digger vs Kyle Rayner (Gurren Lagann vs DC)
I'm not really into this match, but since i like Gurren Lagann and this is a possible case where a DC character loses to a non-marvel character, i think this deserves to be here. Also the combat would be definetly great for this one, i originally wanted this one to be my dream season's finale, but nah, i think there is a better one for the season finale.
9. Scourge the hedgehog vs Goku Black (Sonic The Hedgehog vs Dragon Ball Super)
Two super edgy doopelgangers that steal identities and also have purple superforms. The fight would be definetly great with both Scourge and Black using their abilities and i think the music could be also awesome. Also this fight ends Sonic's losing streak.
10. Ryuko Matoi vs Kisaragi Honey (Kill La Kill vs Cutie Honey)
Two over the top shoujo fighters that wield swords and want to avenge their scienist father, also both have a pretty fanservice design. This is also a case where two combatants can use their abilities in a clever way. I think this has to be also a hand-drawn episode.
11. Domon Kasshu vs Jin Saotome (Mobile Fighter G Gundam vs Cyberbots)
Two mecha pilots that can kick your ass even without their mechs. The animation potential is definetly superb for this one with the first half of their fight punching each other without mechs and in the second half the fight escalates with them jumping into their mechs and fighting now with them. This would definetly be one of my most favorite.
12. Sephiroth vs Magus (Final Fantasy 7 vs Chrono Trigger)
Two of the most iconic RPG villains by Square. They also have alot of similiar spells, which would make a fight pretty interesting. Also a chorus track must be made for this one, i mean c'mon, it's a battle with ******* Sephiroth, the music track definetly has to be a chorus.
13. Ragna vs Dante (Blazblue vs Devil May Cry)
Two badass swordsmen with white hair and red cloth that fight their brothers every time. This one also has great music potential.
14. Bill Cipher vs Shuma Gorath (Gravity Falls vs Marvel)
I already explained why i want this match so much, two evil reality warping eyeballs, the animation potential is great, the music potential is great, Shuma stomps, but the fight is still good.
15. Saitama vs Popeye (One Punch Man vs Popeye the Sailor Man)
This one was in Death Battle Cast, two overpowered characters, i don't know what else should i add.
16. Pegasus Seiya vs Son Goku (Saint Seiya vs Dragon Ball)
The season finale, two of the most overpowered and most influencial protagonists of the shonen jump. I just love this fight, it's a legacy match, it has animation and music potential, and it introduces alot of people to Saint Seiya. Unfortunately, Goku has no chance against Seiya, so he will be the first combatant ever to die 3 times lol, unless DB downplays Seiya. If you're not ok with Goku dying 3 times, then maybe you would like Makotofanboy's atlernative, Goku vs Superman 3, i don't think that this fight is that bad, but i would still prefer Goku vs Seiya.

Last edited:
I think the laughing Batman is also an alternative version of Batman.
Does The Batman Who Laughs vs Dreadpool count as a matchup for alternate version of Batman vs alternate version of Deadpool?

Do you know a matchup that's actually been really growing on me?

ThornsAndFangs.jpg

Miriam vs Gunvolt takes everything I love about all of Gunvolt's best matchups and puts them into one match.
You know what? I want Miriam to be in a Death Battle too - but with another plausible opponent - against Beck (Mighty No. 9). And (after a suspended calc and CRT is resumed and done) Beck may be close enough in AP to fight Miriam with some hax and resistance to be added to his list.

16. Pegasus Seiya vs Son Goku (Saint Seiya vs Dragon Ball)
The season finale, two of the most overpowered and most influencial protagonists of the shonen jump. I just love this fight, it's a legacy match, it has animation and music potential, and it introduces alot of people to Saint Seiya. Unfortunately, Goku has no chance against Seiya, so he will be the first combatant ever to die 3 times lol, unless DB downplays Seiya.
Remember they put Goku at 3600x Universal in just his SSj3 Form, does Seiya had anything that would scale him that high?

Seiya may had a the speed advantage for scaling above Gold Saints, who are hundreds of quadrillions of times FTL, but speed alone wouldn't be enough to win.

Remember they put Goku at 3600x Universal in just his SSj3 Form, does Seiya had anything that would scale him that high?

Seiya may had a the speed advantage for scaling above Gold Saints, who are hundreds of quadrillions of times FTL, but speed alone wouldn't be enough to win.
pretty sure Seiya is in the Quintillion-Sextillion range in speed
meaning Goku won't be touching him

pretty sure Seiya is in the Quintillion-Sextillion range in speed
meaning Goku won't be touching him
Most speed feats of the series put the Gold Saints (and character above them) only in the Quadrillion range, at least their Low Ends.

Only Shura via Miracle + Divine Sword Excalibur was calculated to be in the Quintillion range, via its Low End.

But then again, Goku's strength may ended up be thousands of times above Seiya via multipliers, so Goku's power does compensate for his inferior speed.

I am a bit more hype with the lower episode count and wait till March, gives me hope for a Season 5 possibly even Season 6 tier season. I mean if Season 7 had less episodes and a tad more polish on each it could have been as good as the last two, so I legit have reason to think this one might be good.

I am a bit more hype with the lower episode count and wait till March, gives me hope for a Season 5 possibly even Season 6 tier season. I mean if Season 7 had less episodes and a tad more polish on each it could have been as good as the last two, so I legit have reason to think this one might be good.
Same
The crew wants to have 16 episodes. To have BEST quality.
given the this quote and the others mentioned before its seems they want this anniversary season to be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back